forum

Taiko World Cup #2 Results

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
peppy
The Taiko World Cup #2 finally ended and it has been a great success! Read on for the winners and some pretty charts!

During the 8-weeks tournaments, 52 matches were conducted, with Japan Team A and B, Hong Kong A and France making it into semi-finals. Hong Kong A won against Japan B whilst Japan A beat France to enter the grand final. Japan topped Hong Kong, winning the championship with a score of 5-2. Japan B also took home 3rd place after a thrilling 13 minute long tie-breaker on a specially made map (Taiko World Cup 2012 Compilation).

Unlike in the first TWC, there were more teams from more countries participating this time around. Some well-known non-ranked non-authentic maps were also used (for example "Seirogan2000"), as these were favourable maps to play when participants were asked.

In the knock-out stage, people were closely watching the two Japanese and Korean teams. Suprisingly, Japan and Korea met in early stages, with Korea getting schooled by Japan. There was also attention given to the title-holding Taiwan A team, that were knocked out early by Japan A (who were also the final champion of the 16-round section). Hong Kong A and France were unexpected semi-final participants, but they did a great job getting that far and deserved these places.

Congratulations to Japan A (3 months supporter), Hong Kong A (2 months supporter) and Japan B (1 month supporter), and thanks to all participating teams!

Written by wmfchris, vice-manager of #2 TWC.
Images by Loctav.
Heavily edited by me.
Sync
Congratulations, Japan A.

US A was totally going to win this ;_______;
BrokenArrow
Congratz.
Now looking forward to the special prize
lepidopodus
Sweet, I love that...
Tony
awesome! Congratulations all. :)
AngelusMist
CONGRATS!!!!
Kurai
Good job french team. :D
And congratulations to the winners ~
Cristian
Good job for all the teams who did the best for the fighting, i wish the best for all.
Akarin
Congratulations~
Rey Fullbuster
congratz Japan A
OnosakiHito
This was really a great TWC.
yuan0312
love so sweet、、、、
Juuryoushin

OnosakiHito wrote:

This was really a great TWC.
Makar
Goodjob guys~

Looking forward to next TWC :3
Dark-Phoenix_old
gz JAPAN TTTL!!!
Ishmon
America, Forever alone. Anywho congrats.
Cyclohexane
Very proud of our Taiko players. I mean, they sure got their revenge for last year when they got a hellish group.
I think there's really good alchemy going in the French team, despite the differences in gameplay and personality. They're also very nice friends that I look(ed, sadly, can't use ig chat for now) forward to talking to everyday. I think I can say this with its full meaning, although Kurai stole my line: Good job, French Team.

Also congratulations to Japan, both team A and B, you guys are impressive, and to Hong Kong as well. I will definitely follow the next Taiko World Cup as this one had flawless organization throughout the whole tournament. I think we can also give credit to lepidopodus for starting the project and showing impressive dedication towards it. I'd like to thank the staff as well, and finally, give some praise to the other teams and countries that participated this year, thank you very much.

You all made this a breathtaking and very exciting tournament.
-Shikieiki-
Congratulations Japan !
And good job France :p
SkyDevil
Gratz Japan, I have never heard of a good Dutch Taiko player~
safran_old
> <congratulations !
show more