forum

[Archived] Big surprise. Another mouse lag issue.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
xHollowx_old
I've tweaked every setting I can think of from in-game to drivers and I'm still getting mouselag. Every other game works fine, it's just Osu. Is there anything I might've missed and why does a game so reliant on mouse accuracy do such a horrible job at optimizing it? Is your dev team sharing programmers with Bluehole or something? I've had countless friends encounter this issue for different reasons. What are you guys doing?
https://sites.google.com/site/yacoset/Home/signs-that-you-re-a-bad-programmer
Death
Are you using fullscreen? Windowed will always have a bit of delay. What mouse do you have? Is it only your cursor lagging? Are you getting a high frame time as well? What frame limiter are you set to? Try hitting F7. What other programs do you have open in the background? Have you tried closing them? Have you tried restarting your computer? Have you tried clean booting your computer?

It's hard to help when we don't know what specifically you have tried.

Sidenote: Hundreds of thousands of people play this game every day. Most do not experience what you are experiencing. If you and a few friends are some of the only people with this issue I'd consider that as a sign that it is related to your system, system settings, or peripheral settings in particular.

Most other games do not necessarily require the same "extreme" responsiveness with your cursor. There is a good chance, depending on what the actual issue is, that this lag you are talking about is present on a different game even if it isn't obvious (there is a lot going on in 3D first person shooters for example).
show more