forum

[invalid] How to use two fingers in osu

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Solitary67
Ive just recently started to play osu and started trying to get to higher and higher difficulties. During that time I played using only one finger and didnt have much of a problem but now im at three star maps and almost all of them i cant complete because my one finger isnt fast enough without me having to spam which ruins my accuracy and causes me to lose often, ive tried practicing form the beggining using two fingers but the lower stars feel way to slow so i cant learn form those. Im wondering if someone can help me as theres no longer any progress i can make with my one finger starting to get way too slow for most maps.
Andrea
This belong to Gameplay & Rankings.

Anyway, try practicing with maps that have a higher BPM, it's normal that some maps may feel slow with alternating, especially with a low star rating.
Topic Starter
Solitary67
Unfortunately that does not work, when i try high bpm maps i either just immediately lose my rythm when using two fingers or just unconsciously start using only one finger I dont know what to do.
Death

Andrea wrote:

try practicing

I'm not sure what type of magic you are searching for. This pretty much sums it up.

Andrea posted their suggestion 6 hours ago. It is going to take a lot more than 6 hours of practice to improve.
Topic Starter
Solitary67
I was practicing before asking this question and ive been trying for a week now i was hoping by posting this someone that had the same problem could tell me how they did it.
Death
A week probably isn't enough time either. Improvement can be very slow. I know I sure as hell did not immediately become good at using more than one finger in a week.

By your own admission you have improved enough to play 3* maps already. Could that have been the result of practice? There isn't really a huge difference between what you were doing before, when you were only using one finger, and now.

Andrea did leave a valid suggestion though. Again, that was only 7 hours ago, certainly you could try it for longer.

Personally, I might even suggest the exact opposite of what Andrea said. Nothing is set in stone, there isn't really one particular way that you could practice and improve. When I was practicing, I would play maps that were lower BPM, rather than higher. It was much more difficult for me to play those than to play the higher BPM maps. Everyone is different.

If you are going to ask for suggestions like this, you could very well get conflicting answers. If you want to follow each suggestion you are probably going to end up practicing a huge variety of maps anyway. That's why the general statement "try practicing" is the only valid answer.
Topic Starter
Solitary67
I understand that i need to practice but im looking for tips because as of now i have absolutely no improvement after a week. It may be slow but im not getting any better with two fingers at all, thats why this post was made because as of now practicing the way i am isnt working and i cant get any further in difficulty with one finger because the maps have just gotten too fast for one finger.
AzzMegumin
its hard to play alternate
if you just can use one finger
just do it
see freddie benson https://osu.ppy.sh/users/7342622
Topic Starter
Solitary67
The issue is i cant do it im too slow with one finger
show more