forum

[Discography] The Buckethead Pikes

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Toy

Hi everyone!

What's this?

For those of you unfamiliar with this forum, it houses some of my favorite community-uniting projects that I've seen within this game.
Beatmap Projects are threads in which a user introduces an artist, album, or collection of music that they are wishing to see mapped more within osu!. The community then, as a collective, works together to create (and sometimes rank) beatmaps for that collection of music.

Examples: here, here, and here.
With the current mapping meta trends, it's easy to feel like mappers care less and less about the songs they map in relation to their potential for pp mapping or eligibility for marathon-length approval. Alongside these observations, it also seems like this forum has been used less and less.
One of my biggest ambitions is to attempt to bring my own unique musical tastes into the game, though I'm less than capable of putting my ideas together in a cohesive manner in the editor.

Because of all this, I've decided to try and rekindle the flame that previously brought the community together for the sake of the music instead of the numbers.

Note: And since I don't actually take myself this seriously, this started as a joke because of how ridiculously ambitious and goofy of a project this is, but evolved into me wanting to see if this idea could actually garner some attention and backing.

Who is Buckethead?

I believe it takes a bit of explaining to truly put into perspective just how prolific of a musician Buckethead is.
Buckethead is an American guitarist who has experimented with a variety of metal and rock genres, has played with popular bands and artists such as System of a Down's Serj Tankien, Primus' Les Claypool, and was a former guitarist for Guns N' Roses. He's performed in at least 50 albums from other artists and, to date, has released over 300 studio albums under his own name. This amounts to HUNDREDS of hours of original music of this man simply shredding on the guitar.

If you still can't wrap your head around how absolutely ridiculous this amount of music is, Buckethead has more full-length solo studio albums than The Beatles have original songs. In 2015, he released a new album EVERY DAY for the entire month of October.
Not to mention during his live shows, he will randomly put down his guitar to do the robot and play with nunchuks. It's fantastically bizarre.

Buckethead also plays under the alias Death Cube K, an anagram of Buckethead, and "is a separate entity that looks like a photographic negative version of Buckethead".

Taken from his Discography's Wikipedia page: Since 1994, Buckethead has released 6 studio efforts under the anagram of Death Cube K. He has released 74 works with other bands and artists (including his work as Death Cube K). The total number of studio albums, special releases, extended plays, demo tapes, and works with other bands and projects is 379. His guest appearances total 97. His videography releases total 19. In total, Buckethead has been involved with 476 different album projects (as solo or with other bands). As of his 306th solo studio album and his 275th album in the Pikes series, Dreamthread, his total solo studio album running time is 162 hours, 55 minutes and 11 seconds.

Pikes Discography

I'm linking a sample of Buckethead's first album for his Pike series. I originally wanted to link ALL of them, but that will take a ridiculous amount of my own time and will probably end up with the website exploding on me. The above header links directly to the discography for his Pike series. If you need help finding any of his other albums, I can maybe help. You can find samples of almost all of his music on Youtube. Please consider supporting him if you like his music.

And please message me if you want to also gush about how absolutely incredible this man is.

https://music.bucketheadpikes.com/

Sample Album: 1. It's Alive

Sample Sideproject/Band: Deli Creeps

TL;DR: Buckethead has released a metric fuckton of music and it'd be super dope to see people try mapping some of it.
hehe
viper for white people
wilup

handsome wrote:

viper for white people
you'll cowards dont even smoke crack
Lefafel
I recall picking up a track once, only to run into the oh so common wall of inconsistent timing. Now, I'm sure that in his gargantuan discography there are tracks that are very simple to time, but the process of looking for those tracks instead of being able to pick the ones I'd personally enjoy the most is a bit discouraging.
alkalde

handsome wrote:

viper for white people
viper can rap circles around jpegmafia and chuchesta

remember to buy the vinyl
Dialect
if the radiohead project were hosted by toy
TheKingHenry

Toy wrote:

TL;DR: Buckethead has released a metric fuckton of music and it'd be super dope to see people try mapping some of it.
I'm pretty sure there's atleast few Buckethead maps out there, have gotten couple requested in my queue atleast. Well, considering none's ranked I guess it really is on the side of "trying to map some of it" so far ¯\_(ツ)_/¯