forum

some questions about improving

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Skidayo
1. what kind of map did you play during 6-7k pp. what map should i play
give me good practice maps if you have some.

2. should i play for fc or try to pass hard stuff

3. how to get speed to play in over 240bpm beatmaps
ManuelOsuPlayer
Make a collection of around 20 maps for each 25-50 or 100PP as you wish. For example 200pp maps, 250pp maps, 300pp maps, 350pp maps, 375pp maps, 400pp maps...
And play those once and once. I don't mean play everysingle of them 20 times on a row. I mean play each one of those daily at least 4 or 5 times. Not just F2 maps all time. You can mix from a F2 map, to a collection map, F2, collection... So you will don't get tilted that much by shitmissing.

After a time you will build muscle memory on them, so most of the misses you will have, will be on same spots, so you know where you fuck up. The thing is if you pick a 2* map, you will fc it 200 times in a row if you want. If you have a miss on a 6*, isn't random at all. Search for the patterns where you never got a miss after play a lot the map, so you can make a short version of the map by deleting those sections and put a break on the middle. and just find those where you "randomly" miss, go to editor and make short versions of the sections/patterns where you got misses. Or just play directly on the editor and retry that patterns.
Best players have more than 1k plays on some of their topranks...ONLINE.

Keep playing marathons and that stuff to don't drop acc, consistence and stamina. Play short DT maps on the limit of your skills, but what you can play really well to build speed.

I guess you need to check and test until find a balance for you on what amounth of each thing you want to do. And how much time to spend on them.

I know the question was not directed to me, because i'm bad at the game. But i think my answer may be usefull for you.
DXPOHIHIHI
6k's are scrubs rofl
Topic Starter
Skidayo

ManuelOsuPlayer wrote:

Make a collection of around 20 maps for each 25-50 or 100PP as you wish. For example 200pp maps, 250pp maps, 300pp maps, 350pp maps, 375pp maps, 400pp maps...
And play those once and once. I don't mean play everysingle of them 20 times on a row. I mean play each one of those daily at least 4 or 5 times. Not just F2 maps all time. You can mix from a F2 map, to a collection map, F2, collection... So you will don't get tilted that much by shitmissing.

After a time you will build muscle memory on them, so most of the misses you will have, will be on same spots, so you know where you fuck up. The thing is if you pick a 2* map, you will fc it 200 times in a row if you want. If you have a miss on a 6*, isn't random at all. Search for the patterns where you never got a miss after play a lot the map, so you can make a short version of the map by deleting those sections and put a break on the middle. and just find those where you "randomly" miss, go to editor and make short versions of the sections/patterns where you got misses. Or just play directly on the editor and retry that patterns.
Best players have more than 1k plays on some of their topranks...ONLINE.

Keep playing marathons and that stuff to don't drop acc, consistence and stamina. Play short DT maps on the limit of your skills, but what you can play really well to build speed.

I guess you need to check and test until find a balance for you on what amounth of each thing you want to do. And how much time to spend on them.

I know the question was not directed to me, because i'm bad at the game. But i think my answer may be usefull for you.
thank you for your answer. i can practice where i "randomly" miss by making practice diff as you said and it actually helps me a lot.
but idk how to practice patterns where i "always" miss. do you have any ways to practice it?
Topic Starter
Skidayo

szkiller wrote:

6k's are scrubs rofl
no, you are wrong.
only i am the scrub in osu
KupcaH
Honestly, I'm just typing "mode=o star>4" and playing random maps, sometimes enabling DT/HR/HD on some 4 - 5 star maps and trying to not retry.
Also, when playing for improvement it works better when you're enjoying clicking circles and not forcing yourself to play just in sake of improving.

About fc'ing and playing hard stuff.. You should do both. Probably dedicate few play sessions for passing and some other for fc'ing. But if you're seeing yourself not able to FC anything, you shouldn't continue trying to do it, it'll only will lead to tilt. Usually when I see that I cannot FC maps that are supposed to be in my comfort zone, I go down a little bit in star rating.

About speed, I can alternate jumps up to 280bpm but streaaams.. That's a whole different story, I've made a post while ago asking on how to improve speed, cuz I'm potato and cannot play anything >220 properly and answer is (!) just to play more faster maps.
ManuelOsuPlayer
When I find a pattern what I can't play, I usually search for easier version of that pattern on easier maps and use Halftime mod or if I need 0'25% speed on editor.
To find the patterns and settings i play the worst, I order by diff and order by rank (D,C,B) and play all that D,C,B maps at2* and get S. After go to 3* repeat... Etc.
Try to do that with everysingle D and C scores you can find.