forum

Remove skins from beatmaps

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Miramoro
Hi, my first post here and its a question.... there is any way to remove the skins that come it a beatmap?? i like the default one, and the skins that come it the beatmaps screw my vision and i cant play well it then.... there is any way to disable then and use the default one?

sorry for my bad english an the noob question :?
ychao
Short answer: no.

Unless you remove the skin elements manually for every map yourself. Just live with it like most of us do.
palion

ychao24 wrote:

Unless you remove the skin elements manually for every map yourself. Just live with it like most of us do.
very very untrue

in windows command prompt, cd to your osu songs directory and just run

del *.jpg /S
del *.png /S
del *.jpeg /S

props to mm201 ^_^
Daru

palion wrote:

ychao24 wrote:

very very untrue

del *.jpg /S
del *.png /S
del *.jpeg /S

props to mm201 ^_^
This will remove backgrounds and storyboards as well.
palion

Daru wrote:

palion wrote:

very very untrue

del *.jpg /S
del *.png /S
del *.jpeg /S

props to mm201 ^_^
This will remove backgrounds and storyboards as well.
isn't that a good thing

but honestly, OP, if you really just want to delete skins only, then you probably need to write a script or something; shouldn't be too hard
Ephemeral
if you do delete every image in your osu folder, you're going to have to redownload every single beatmap with images attached to it when osz2 comes around in order to be able to play them again.

i would advise otherwise.
Daru

Ephemeral wrote:

if you do delete every image in your osu folder, you're going to have to redownload every single beatmap with images attached to it when osz2 comes around in order to be able to play them again.

I feel like this is going to get a lot of people very angry very quickly.
Has peppy done any analysis as to how many people actually delete map elements?

I feel as though it's a significant portion of players based on how often I see comments about wanting to delete map elements in the chat and whatnot, though it may just be the "loud minority", so to speak.
Low

Ephemeral wrote:

Yikes.
I'm sure there's many people out there who delete skin elements and will be frustrated by this.
palion
guess some people are going to quit when osz2 comes out :(
ychao

Ephemeral wrote:

palion wrote:

Hence my short answer.
MLGnom

palion wrote:

Go ahead, they can quit. In their place new people will come that aren't going to cry about this. :3
Bittersweet
Well, play without them while you can, redl everything when you need. Easy xD
Pizzicato

Ephemeral wrote:

Zelmarked
So is the new osu! going to give you the option to turn off the pizaz or is it just not going to allow you to play if the files are missing?
kriers
Pretty much every good player I know hates osz2. Those who don't, belong to a minority that control all decisions being made regarding the future of this game. The rest are an ignorant bunch. no offense.
Zelmarked

kriers wrote:

Pretty much every good player I know hates osz2. Those who don't, belong to a minority that control all decisions being made regarding the future of this game. The rest are an ignorant bunch. no offense.
So you're saying we have to occupy wallstreet osu!

But that does sound bad if there isn't some way of disabling the junk. I don't, but I would like a way to do so. Skins are visually obstructive and there's no learning curve to confusion. If everyone could disable them, then I don't see any problem with the competitive nature of osu! being tarnished even if one could make the argument that hard to read notes somehow make you a better player. It's only bad as of now having to not be able to play skin free with no way of going back w/o redownloading the whole thing.
Bittersweet

Zelmarked wrote:

So is the new osu! going to give you the option to turn off the pizaz or is it just not going to allow you to play if the files are missing?
t/47994

Who knows.

kriers, i understand that some skins/sbs ARE shitty to play with, but looking at what of people do, they just use it as a excuse to their problems at focusing. If they can't play even with a simple background, there's nothing good about them except keyspam and they shouldnt call themselfs good players. If they don't want to they're just a bunch of spoiled kids. No offense.
Sync
you know, Bittersweet

you're calling the best and most respected players here bad and spoiled

you should rethink your stance on this

though I'd rather the ability to delete elements not be taken away, what's going to happen is going to happen and I hope that it comes quickly because it seems like we're just holding our breath until it does
Bittersweet
Oh i know i am. Im not the kind of person that posts anything before think. And bad in that case dont refer to skill.

As i also know that if low skilled players can handle storyboards and even really bad skins, why high skilled ones can't?
Shellghost
There's competitive, and then there's the guy in the multi room, "Hold on a minute guys I have to delete the BG and skin of every single map I download before I can play them."
Cyclohexane
Trying not to get too much in the debate here, cause I've been through this hundreds of times (map should be played as intended to, etc.)

I'll just say that I recommend the OP he only deletes the skins that really cripple his gameplay. Deleting every skin probably isn't the best idea you can have.
Plus, if you want to make a personal skin like I did but don't feel like creating a new one just pick elements from the skins you have (downloaded through maps or not) and put them together.
Shiirn

Ephemeral wrote:

hell yeah

fuck with peppy's bandwidth
ziin
>blaming a specific format rather than the mapper for making a crappy map.

Whine on folks. Maybe the mappers will finally listen. Or, *gasp*, the good players could start mapping.

I remember when osz1 came out, I was pissed that I couldn't delete overmapped notes anymore, since they made the song stupid to play.
Bittersweet

ziin wrote:

Whine on folks. Maybe the mappers will finally listen. Or, *gasp*, the good players could start mapping.
And i spent all this time blamming BATs for ranking those things. Silly me x'3
show more