forum

Converted osu!droid for Blackberry PB Compatability

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Miracle Lotus
Well after long hours of work, I've finally been able to successfully convert the android version of osu for the Blackberry PlayBook tablet!
If you want to know what I've done, reply to the thread and I'll post a few shots I've taken of what I did on the DOS command lines for the conversion.

PLEASE PM ME IF THERE ARE ANY ISSUES

Download link to the application:
http://www.2shared.com/file/B_hGKh-4/osudroid.html
And yes, it will say osu!droid on the homescreen, I cannot change the title unless the developer changes the name for the purpose of this ported version.

How-to install:

Step 1.

After booting up your Playbook go to your top right corner of the screen and press the settings button.
Once that's done, scroll down to Security and press Development Mode, turn it on and set up your password.
Note: That password and IP address WILL be needed later on, so write it down if you need to.

Step 2.

Once that's done, download DDPB and install it on your system:
http://www.mediafire.com/?634lu6dn6ejdj4c
It may take some time to install, be patient!

Step 3.

Once you finished installing, open the application and you'll be brought up to this screen, the interface is pretty self-explanatory, so download the osu!droid bar file: http://www.2shared.com/file/B_hGKh-4/osudroid.html and add it to the program.

Enter the development mode IP address and password and connect to your PlayBook.
Select osu!droid, press install and voila!

You're ready to take osu on your BlackBerry PlayBook tablet!

Well, you may not be ready, since there are some particularities on this ported version...
To switch menus, you have to swipe your screen downwards.
And you cannot download songs externally without rooting your PlayBook, if you really want to download externally and if it's in high demand, I'll edit this post to show you how to root your PlayBook and install your songs externally.
Songs can be downloaded from the in-game downloader.

Enjoy!

~Sofian

And please report some issues if you have any.

Planning to work on an update.
palion
cool, but I don't have the pb :(

(oh and I want to know how you did this)
Topic Starter
Miracle Lotus

palion wrote:

cool, but I don't have the pb :(

(oh and I want to know how you did this)
okie dokie~

So first I needed to request a few files from RIM.

and

These are essential for signing the bar file since the playbook rejects any kind of bar file that is not signed by devs.

Then I downloaded the Adobe Air SDK, Playbook Tablet SDK and Android SDK to work on the conversion of the file.
First step is to create a new csk file by replacing the old one with this one that is optimized with both files I requested from RIM.
Made a few steps on the command lines and created the csk and db files needed for the final signing file.
I named the signing file playBookQNX so that the signing tool recognizes it.

Then through another command line, I took the Android SDK and the Tablet SDK to convert the apk version of osu to a playbook version of osu.

But we're not done here, some recoding was needed for it to be fully compatible to the playbook.
(Not screenshoted, sorry :( )
Then finally sign the bar file and put it on the PlayBook, it works perfectly and I'm happy that I invested my time to this.
palion
oh; i was primarily interested in how you converted the apk :x
Shepard-Commander

palion wrote:

oh; i was primarily interested in how you converted the apk :x
at least thank him for going out of his way to post all of that

jesus
peppy
Though I can't confirm this works, great job on the conversion. Also interesting to see the process behind it; this is one of those devices I have yet to even touch so it's fun to know what kind of wacky stuff is involved with getting things working on it.
TBTE
my dad's work just issued him one of these for what reason who fucking knows so i will download and happily beta test or do whatever of the sort.

Thank you kind sir for this. :D
Xeruhara
You sir.. just saved my life. i thought it was a noob move on getting pb and cuz i suck at setting up android in it. But this is just what i was looking for
Topic Starter
Miracle Lotus
Sorry for that delay, here's the video gameplay for the converted pb version:
PakomeT
Nice job! I tried it sideloading the app to my PB and it works great. This is one of my favorite games since I played it on a Nintendo DS device.

Why don't ask for permissions and publish it in BlackBerry AppWorld? There are few users that know what sideloading is. The best for expand users it's publish it in store.

Thanks for the app!
SonicFan344
Oh god,....so awesome
InvaderGaz-
The download for the Osu!Droid file doesn't work. D:
I installed the DDPB installer on my PC and connected the PB but I don't know what to do from there.
Topic Starter
Miracle Lotus

InvaderGaz- wrote:

The download for the Osu!Droid file doesn't work. D:
I installed the DDPB installer on my PC and connected the PB but I don't know what to do from there.
You should of PMed me there.
Have you gone through all the steps?
seraphimex
Nice one! Thanks! xD im able to play it on my pb v 2.0.1.358
sweetsinner
uhmm.. hi. when I downloaded the both files you said, the BlackBerry PB cannot find an application for it. What should I do?
nanda2009
it's just too awesome.
Topic Starter
Miracle Lotus

sweetsinner wrote:

uhmm.. hi. when I downloaded the both files you said, the BlackBerry PB cannot find an application for it. What should I do?
PM me if there's an issue, I cannot go back and fourth every time there's a problem.
Read every step, since I installed it multiple times on multiple Playbooks without any issue.
I will be working on an update soon to fix out some obvious issues, I'll have a talk to Pesets if he ever gets on.
Sora76Erlic
sorry for late asking but how to install the songs ? can I do it externally ? thx
Topic Starter
Miracle Lotus
I will try to get things fixed.
I haven't touched my Blackberry Playbook in a long while and I was banned.
Sorry for the people I have not answered yet.
Pizzicato
is it naturally laggy?
Pizzicato
nvm i set the offset to -120 and it works perfectly

thank you so much for this <3
olee
Is it just me or does the song-downloader not work?
I just get an empty list there even though it says page 1 of 125 on the top.

Also:
I would gladly develop a native osu! app for Blackberry Playbook / Blackberry 10 as I already developed some apps for these but without sources it's way to hard :D
But I'm thinking of at last writing some code that let's me play just the beatmaps without any designs and so on.
If any1 else is interested in BB / PB version of Osu! please contact me :D
zomgk
i was able to download the second file but the first seems to have been deleted or something. please help :D
show more