forum

What change to your setup made a big difference?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
SpasticSurgeon
I was at a friend's house and the way his table was setup made it so my laptop screen was much closer to me than the way I play at home. I don't think it's a coincidence I got a bunch of top plays after that (but it could be). I used to think having the screen farther away would be better but now I see that was dumb. Closer screen is better I think.

Also I do better on my laptop because my desktop is 1920 x 1200 and I don't like it. Also my laptop has a decent graphics card so the performance drop every so often isn't so bad.

Anyone else find any small changes to their setup drastically changes their play?

Also sorry for spamming forums I'm bored on a roadtrip.
ManuelOsuPlayer

SpasticSurgeon wrote:

I was at a friend's house and the way his table was setup made it so my laptop screen was much closer to me than the way I play at home. I don't think it's a coincidence I got a bunch of top plays after that (but it could be). I used to think having the screen farther away would be better but now I see that was dumb. Closer screen is better I think.

Also I do better on my laptop because my desktop is 1920 x 1200 and I don't like it. Also my laptop has a decent graphics card so the performance drop every so often isn't so bad.

Anyone else find any small changes to their setup drastically changes their play?

Also sorry for spamming forums I'm bored on a roadtrip.
The skins. I have one skin for each map style and each mod.
Saturation
Definitely my tablet or skin.
koemada
its mostly abt my skins, posture when i sit and the way i hold my mouse
zoklev
gaming chair
before gaming chair: cant fc 4*
after: can do 10 seconds of scarlet rose
Seki
I used to play with an old win7 laptop for 1-3* mania, I had no desk at the time so I was forced to play with it on my lap. After a while I got used to it, but now I've accustomed myself to using a small table for arm and wrist support while smashing keys.

I don't think I could go back to my previous setup lol
Feylos
aside from skins, for me the first small but important change was taping my tablet down. Now that it doesn't slide any more, as a drag player it made everything easier without the it slightly sliding on my desk.
Topic Starter
SpasticSurgeon

Feylos wrote:

aside from skins, for me the first small but important change was taping my tablet down. Now that it doesn't slide any more, as a drag player it made everything easier without the it slightly sliding on my desk.
I've considered taping my stuff down. I don't drag but I thought it might help for keeping everything in the exact same place.
TeeArctic1
I changed my desk, couldn't play standard for shit after that
KaBluei
Changing my style from wrist down to wrist up actually gave me a long term benefit of higher acc on 4k Mania. c:
kai99
skin
change from trackpad to tablet
change from laptop keys to mech
DXPOHIHIHI
Keypad + tablet = top plays
Rynnavinx
I tweaked and edited my hitcircle graphics (and sometimes cursor) nonstop for like two months straight before finding something really comfortable to read and aim

Also I changed my grip cus my writing grip hurt my wrist
Umi on osu
The placement of my keyboard and tablet.
The way that I sit or my posture. (I sit on those small office spinning chairs)
The brightness of my laptop screen. (I play better at night because the laptop screen is brighter)
My pen grip.(When I get nervous, my grip changes)
Using drag or hover on a tablet.( I play with hover, and I am worse at drag)
The skin that I play with.( I use Beasttroll's skin(mostly), but I change it up all the time)
show more