forum

Will I get any bad habits from harder maps?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Feylos
Between fcing "easier" 3 star maps, and barely passing 4 star maps, I usually go with the 4 star maps. I just don't get the same rush of adrenaline otherwise.

So far I've seen improvements in my jumps, and no obvious drawbacks. I might just be over cautious at this point, but I'm not sure.
ManuelOsuPlayer

Feylos wrote:

Between fcing "easier" 3 star maps, and barely passing 4 star maps, I usually go with the 4 star maps. I just don't get the same rush of adrenaline otherwise.

So far I've seen improvements in my jumps, and no obvious drawbacks. I might just be over cautious at this point, but I'm not sure.
Do both
Topic Starter
Feylos
I try to do both, but I don't polish maps I could fc nearly as much as I should. Like I'd give songs one attempt, get a slider break or something, and then switch back. I get saltier than I should, so I go back to harder and more fun maps.
koemada
i dont think you would get any bad habits from playing hard maps and if it gives u that adrenaline rush that go ahead lmao
ManuelOsuPlayer

Feylos wrote:

I try to do both, but I don't polish maps I could fc nearly as much as I should. Like I'd give songs one attempt, get a slider break or something, and then switch back. I get saltier than I should, so I go back to harder and more fun maps.
It's not everything so bad about play hardest maps. You may learn new things what you can use to farm in a easier way.
But also practice easier maps help to learn things to play better hardest maps. For example acc and muscle memory on some patterns.
Topic Starter
Feylos
True, and in the end it just kinda boils down to play more. In time, the near unbeatable maps of now (may) become my new easier maps.
ManuelOsuPlayer

Feylos wrote:

True, and in the end it just kinda boils down to play more. In time, the near unbeatable maps of now (may) become my new easier maps.
It's all about push yourself, not playtime.
ADelicateOrange
Yes, there are bad habits that you can pick up. The main bad habit that you can pick up is striving to only hit the circle. You might as yourself why that is a bad habit, and I would say that's a bad habit because your goal should be to always aim to hit the middle of the circles.

Other than that, there other little ones. However, it's always good to try to push yourself beyond your limits to improve your faster AR reading skill, etc. Don't spam maps out of your comfort-zone, but don't only play things in your comfortable range either.
SpasticSurgeon

Feylos wrote:

I think it's important to find a difficulty that you can pass most songs and then work on improving accuracy.

I know what you mean with the adrenaline in harder songs, and I think it's important to play stuff out of your reach but I think it could create bad habits of trying to just mash instead of playing the rhythm.
UMofuwMofuU
As long as you're not button mashing to pass them and the rhythm is still playable to you, you should be fine. And speaking of the "adrenaline rush", if you're going to attempt Double Time, make sure to play other maps without double time too. I slammed double time for about a week and it completely destroyed my consistency and accuracy. Good luck
show more