forum

That weird discussion when someone asks you what you play

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Saucy
Okay guys how do you guys explain osu to any of your friends that have no clue what it is besides saying its like guitar hero but with mouse and keyboard would honestly love to hear a good explanation for this one.
SpasticSurgeon

Saucy wrote:

Okay guys how do you guys explain osu to any of your friends that have no clue what it is besides saying its like guitar hero but with mouse and keyboard would honestly love to hear a good explanation for this one.
That is honestly a tough one for sure. It is a rhythm game for one, so guitar hero isn't a bad comparison, but I've had a friend literally argue with me that it's not a rhythm game but a circle clicking game before. Some people in the community even meme that osu! isn't really a rhythm game with some of them being serious (there is something to that argument because osu! being restricted to one circle at a time inherently means it's less rhythmically complex).

I think a guitar hero comparison is the way to go sadly. The average person will not know what you're talking about otherwise.
Cuma Iseng
It's click the circle game with other mode when you're bad at clicking the circle.
clover
it's the game that the obnoxious people reference on songs that were mapped in the game
abraker
Notes go from top and you have to hit them when they are on the bottom. It's like DDR.
Zekks
musical flappy bird
hayate13
"it's hard, you cant play it".
" The Dark Souls of Rhythm games".
Topic Starter
Saucy

SpasticSurgeon wrote:

Saucy wrote:

That is honestly a tough one for sure. It is a rhythm game for one, so guitar hero isn't a bad comparison, but I've had a friend literally argue with me that it's not a rhythm game but a circle clicking game before. Some people in the community even meme that osu! isn't really a rhythm game with some of them being serious (there is something to that argument because osu! being restricted to one circle at a time inherently means it's less rhythmically complex).

I think a guitar hero comparison is the way to go sadly. The average person will not know what you're talking about otherwise.

honestly I hate this tho its hilarious every time i get in the conversation for one reason or another but i guess yeah it works best
Topic Starter
Saucy

hayate13 wrote:

"it's hard, you cant play it".
" The Dark Souls of Rhythm games".
"Harder than Dark Souls! This game is infinitely addictive and brutal!!!"
lol
Xirai
I just show them a youtube video (either of the big black for idiots or one of my replays for friends...)
No further questions so far