forum

[resolved] Osu! constantly crashing my PC

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
JuZockt
A few weeks ago, i wanted to play Osu again, so i started it and played some maps. after a few day, the game crashed my whole pc after playing for slightly over an hour. All i did was restarting my PC and then start again, but it got worse, just now, the game crashed my PC, while i wanted to play the first map for today, so i restarted my whole computer and started osu again, checking if there is something not right with the settings, but it just crashed again, after not even a minute in!

I tested it with other games, some that even needed way more performance, but they worked fine, even after hours. I even tried running Minecraft twice and it worked fine, for 4 hour seasions it had no problem at all, it is only osu, that literly kills my computer...

Does anybody has an Idea what the problem might be?
Doge Owner
Can you provide your crash log?

Follow this guide.
Topic Starter
JuZockt

Doge Owner wrote:

Can you provide your crash log?

Follow this guide.

No, because the whole computer is crashing, not just osu.
I followed the Guide and could only find problems for the Osu!StreamCompanion
Death
What do you mean by crashing your whole PC? Are you blue screening or something?
Topic Starter
JuZockt

Death wrote:

What do you mean by crashing your whole PC? Are you blue screening or something?

WEll it acts like a blue screen of death, but it isn'T one, it is just crashing completly, the screen freezes and nothing works anymore, i am forced to restart my computer, also, i can tell by my keyboard, that something isn't right then, because it chooses a the last skin i got a skin for.
Andrea
Have you tried making a clean install of your graphic card drivers?
Topic Starter
JuZockt

Andrea wrote:

Have you tried making a clean install of your graphic card drivers?

like i mentioned before, i also tried games that take way more power, even graphic-wise, and only osu is killing my pc like this
Death
Why don't you try doing it anyway just because? Also, you may still have some logs in your event viewer even if your computer completely freezes, that doesn't necessarily prevent something from being logged there.

Why don't you also try closing other programs you have running in the background.
Topic Starter
JuZockt

Death wrote:

Why don't you also try closing other programs you have running in the background.

The only other program is firefox maybe, or discord, and i couldn't find any logs
Andrea
Make sure that you disabled the discord overlay.
Topic Starter
JuZockt

Andrea wrote:

Make sure that you disabled the discord overlay.

I'll try it, idk why it activated itself *shrugs*
MemeMeme_YT
What specs and what OS?

I have an AMD processor and Windows 10 didn't like it.
If you have the same combination, install Windows 7 and you're done.
Topic Starter
JuZockt

MemeMeme_YT wrote:

What specs and what OS?

I have an AMD processor and Windows 10 didn't like it.
If you have the same combination, install Windows 7 and you're done.

Never really had a problem, it started to happen a few weeks ago, but i think the issue was the discord overlay, i had no problems, playing yesterday
Andrea
So you solved the issue by disabling the overlay?
Topic Starter
JuZockt

Andrea wrote:

So you solved the issue by disabling the overlay?

i think so, osu didn't crashed my pc since then, still don't know why it got activated at all
show more