forum

Customizing the main menu background [added]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +120
show more
SteRRuM
ALL OR NOTHING!
Mercurial

SteRRuM wrote:

ALL OR NOTHING!
Hi Sterrum.
Azure_Kite
People get what they want and want more: the thread.
Don-Tan

peppy wrote:

Added basic support on test build. Please note this feature will only be available to supporters. I know many will not agree with this, but I find it a perfect example of a way to thank those who support this game – which I am always looking to do – without having any effect on gameplay. I'm hoping people will agree with me on this one, and unlike gameplay-related issues I am not going to be budging on this (though feel free to share your thoughts in this thread).

Add file menu-background.jpg to your skin. It scales based on height first, then width if it cannot fill up the whole screen. The optimal resolution is 1366x768, supporting all widescreen resolutions. You *can* use higher than this, but please refrain from going higher than 1600x as it will impact performance of menu loading on lower-end machines.]
YOU ARE A FUCKING GOD!

sacrifacing your time again and again for us and your "hobby" :)

in the name of all people who like to play osu! THANK YOU VEEEERRRRRY~ MUCH :cry: *getting emotional*
peppy
It's not really a hobby anymore, but no worries. I wanted to add this for a while now, anyway.
Mercurial
I still don't know how it works, I'm testing and doesn't work for me at all.
peppy
Wait for a public release, or test using the test build.
Don-Tan

peppy wrote:

It's not really a hobby anymore, but no worries. I wanted to add this for a while now, anyway.
Thats why i made the hobby in the "" ;). BTW if it's not a hobby, what is it then ^^"?
hinaskye
thanks for the feature add peppy!, this just made my day
DaddyCoolVipper
fixed
deadbeat

peppy wrote:

Add file menu-background.jpg to your skin.
really, .jpg? why jpg when all other image skin elements are .png?
My1_old
yes and jpg sux
PNG is the best
small in filesize, but still lossless...
peppy
deadbeat
i guess that makes sense then
nana6_old
Sorry Kert. I cant see the image :(
nana6_old
peppy,I try to make a menu-background. :)
deadbeat
its a supporter feature. once you become a supporter then it'll work :)
XenoWarrior

theowest wrote:

wow.. I just spent an hour making this and then realizing it doesn't work anymore.
Can't wait to being able to customize osu! again.
Wow, this looks awesome! :D Great job :3
theowest
lol that wouldn't work anyway. I was just testing what I could do, if it was a background on top or not.
H_Hitachiin
I wish this was avaliable to all Osu players >.<
Naywils

H_Hitachiin wrote:

I wish this was avaliable to all Osu players >.<
Yeah same, Kinda sucks really.
TheVileOne
You know what to do. :D
BunsGod
why can't people just chang the background without supporter... i like customizing my screen to my liking but to actually pay a bunch of money for it... no. i'd support osu but when i saw it is only for a duration, the idea went straight out of my head. it's a shame that you guys ask money for such a thing, can't you come up with some greater benefits after you donated? and maybe change it to a one time thing? i'm pretty sure alot more people will actually take the time to spend a few bucks if you do.
deadbeat
peppy has to make his money somehow, and this is one way he does it. there are more support features on the way soon as well. no idea what though :(
More supporter features are planned to be added in the near future, so stay tuned!
alice9555615
清問大大們有沒有關於哆啦A夢的SKIN版面?推薦一下!!
Natsumitaro
I have a quick question XD. So umm... my background for Osu didnt change. im still stuck there. but for teh multiplayer background as well. my texture pack im using has it in the file and its exported into the game. but it still stays the same? is there a way to fix this? because there are stuff that isnt being used in my texture pack. However it still uses the default on some items?
Bara-
You need to be a supporter in order for this to work
WiwidIhsanudinP
I've changed my background without being osu supporter.

This might be illegal?
Deimos

WiwidIhsanudinP wrote:

bla bla bla
This might be illegal?
Read the rules, especially Client Rules

also either ask in ingame channel #help or create a thread here next time
TheTeamOsu
peppy Can You Add Custom Backgrounds Whitout Being A Supporter (Sorry For My Bad English)
Pawsu

TheTeamOsu wrote:

peppy Can You Add Custom Backgrounds Whitout Being A Supporter (Sorry For My Bad English)
No. This will always be a supporter feature.
MikuChan165
What will be when my supporter will end? It will change background to deflaut or what? (sorry for english too)
Pawsu

MikuChan165 wrote:

What will be when my supporter will end? It will change background to deflaut or what? (sorry for english too)
It'll go back to the default one. Please refrain from bumping threads in the Completed Requests subfourm though.
MikuChan165

Pawsu wrote:

It'll go back to the default one. Please refrain from bumping threads in the Completed Requests subfourm though.
Ok thanks, i serching but i can't see this
hiraiiyukari1

Kert wrote:

Here's a photoshopped pic of the suggestion:

Isn't it cool? I think it can be quite refreshing, especially for old players

What I suggest is:
- customizable background of the title screen
- probably customizable interface button colours (through color keys like I did in the pic) or images (less coding)
But the osu! logo (cookie) remains completely unmodifiable, cause it's what the logo is for
All this data can be placed in %osu!%/data/interface/ for example, not in skins folder

About background:
Yeah, we can already do stuff like in this thread - http://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/47896&start=0
But the image is in the foreground and it overlaps osu! logo and even osu! copyright notes on the left and generally looks bad

Looking forward to receive an answer from you, peppy
Sandy Hoey

Pawsu wrote:

Seriously bro
Pawsu
Just gonna lock this. It's been added ages ago anyways.