forum

Is it bad I can't singletap?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
TSIKI
I've been playing osu for around 5 months and I've got pretty far by only alternating (and playing farm maps) but when I try to singletap everything is to fast and I can't play maps that are my level. I watch most the pro players singletap and I was wondering if it was bad that I can't?
Doge Owner
No, it's not bad, but you might need that skill someday.
Andrea
Both playstyles are efficient if used properly, you can learn them simply by practicing.
maurix02
alternating is good but if do you want to learn singletap start to pratice with easier map
Sinsinchi
Think of it kind of like a game choice where you choose to take one path over the other. You can eventually go back down the other path but it will take a bit of work. I first learned to single tap but if you see some of my more recent plays, I single tap and alternate all around the map. It's mostly just what feels comfortable to me at the time.
dung eater
Learning singletapping later is much easier. Some downsides of alternating: fingers don't get stressed/stronger unless you play streams, new patterns migqht be harder to read/play, very hard to use wrrist/arm for tapping.

Upsides: infinite stamina for slower tapping very early, swag.
koemada
that's not really a downside, but some maps require it so maybe start from scratch? if it seems too hard start by playing one star maps (with dt or smthn) and then try to single tap all the way through.
vinnicci
dung eater

koemada wrote:

that's not really a downside, but some maps require it so maybe start from scratch? if it seems too hard start by playing one star maps (with dt or smthn) and then try to single tap all the way through.

There are no maps that require singletap.
koemada

jaaakb wrote:

koemada wrote:

There are no maps that require singletap.

there are maps that are harder to alternate on and are easier to singletap and lessen the risk of getting 100s though, imo
DXPOHIHIHI
I started alternating when I started osu, but then after a few months I realized that my accuracy is shit so I gave singletapping a try and it felt more comfortable and my acc went from 86 to 98+

So I suggest you give singletapping a try
show more