forum

Favorite Final Fantasy game that you've played and the worst?

posted
Total Posts
show more
YodaSnipe
^ You must not like the style of game.
Kurokami

Nanael wrote:

Favorite: FF XII and FF X-2. Kurokami, you're missing out, really. Not your cup of tea I guess.
These two had awesome gameplay, and that's pretty much what I look for in a RPG.
Kingdom Hearts is almost has a same gameplay as FF XII, if I remember right. But just almost. And I'm a KH lover so, I dunno why I was unable to play with that game. Maybe because i understand nothing. o.o As I said I will give at least one try again.
I love Square Enix after all.
YodaSnipe
Wait. What. KH gameplay is NOTHING like FFXII. The only thing that is the same is setting "gambits" for donald and goofy. but even then the main character doesn't get it, therefore nothing like FFXII
Kurokami

YodaSnipe wrote:

Wait. What. KH gameplay is NOTHING like FFXII. The only thing that is the same is setting "gambits" for donald and goofy. but even then the main character doesn't get it, therefore nothing like FFXII
True, KH is better. \:D/ At least to me.
/me hides*
Nanael_old

YodaSnipe wrote:

^ You must not like the style of game.
You're probably spot-on, even though I found it relatively fun to play, it stands as the only FF I played and abandoned.

Kurokami wrote:

Maybe because i understand nothing.
You know, I would love to sit beside you and see what is the thing you don't get. I can't recall anything terribly hard atm.

YodaSnipe wrote:

The only thing that is the same is setting "gambits" for donald and goofy
I lol'd, somehow that doesn't sound badass when I read it out loud.
YodaSnipe
LMFAO! yeah hahahahahahah

and yeah KH was way better than FFXII I'll give you that. That does not mean I didn't like FFXII though, more like KH is in it's own tier.
Kurokami

YodaSnipe wrote:

LMFAO! yeah hahahahahahah

and yeah KH was way better than FFXII I'll give you that. That does not mean I didn't like FFXII though, more like KH is in it's own tier.
Yeah, KH is action RPG. One of the best.
Rukario

Kurokami wrote:

Bold part made it worse. Just saying.
Kurokami

Rukarioman wrote:

Kurokami wrote:

Bold part made it worse. Just saying.
Yeah, i totally forgot, in the old games it is soft, in kh1 and if I remember right in CoM too. ._. Same, but not in name. ._.
/me hides*
meiikyuu
ff7 crisis core ♥
Omnatus
Final Fantasy 10 I loved, never really had one i hate :/ I tried to stay away from them if i heard they were bad
Haseo_old
Just to follow up my older post, I didn't think that FFX-2 sucks. I just didn't like it. The airship theme sounds like a Hentai BGM though, which I approve.
Ivalset
...What.
lukewarmholiday
Hi Ival
Ivalset
Look at this guy.
-Athena-
Might as well mention my favorite characters
Favorite guy: Balthier (surprising coming from FFXII which was bland in this aspect, but this guy had swag, and I loved it)

Favorite girl: Celes ( I'm weak and fall completely for this type of women. Blonde hair, strong outside yet weak at heart (not enough to be called tsundere though, and the feel is just different) e.g Athena, Teresa, Miria~~)

Favorite villian: Kefka (was there any doubt? XD)

Favorite summon/gf/eidolon/aeon/esper: Bahamut (No competition~)

And hi Ival, you smexy
Layne_old_1
~
-Athena-
14 is online isn't it?
Only main numbered FF I haven't played besides 9 and 11(also online)
Drexel13
my favorite Final Fantasy game: FF VI advance (GBA) <--- I love to kill Kefka with Ultima Weapon + Master Scroll and the Curaja spell is really cool! OwO
the worst: none
Layne_old_1
~
lukewarmholiday

Ivalset wrote:

Look at this guy.
I patched Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions so nothing lags its great. Not even summons drag on the game much.
Ivalset

lukewarmholiday wrote:

Ivalset wrote:

Look at this guy.
I patched Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions so nothing lags its great. Not even summons drag on the game much.
Oh right, I heard about that patch.

Still didn't really like the retranslation so much, but maybe I'll play through it again sometime. Maybe with some retarded gimmick like all time mages all the time.
Rukario
Boy oh boy... the price of freedom is steep.
jianzii

Rukarioman wrote:

Boy oh boy... the price of freedom is steep.
Crisis Core is quite possibly my favorite game of all time.

I don't really have a least favorite FF game, because for the most part I haven't played most of 'em.
Moriya Suwako
I think Final Fantasty 4 is fantastic.
I love the music very much:3
Milli_old
Favorite: XI, XII
Worst: ?
Tetsu_old
I have played 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 12 & 13.

Favourite: 6
Worst: 13
Laharl
Played: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 9, 10, 12 and 12RW if to count that.

Favourite is 6 I really liked thes game. The story and the music were great, And you really had lots of stuff to do.
After that 10, then 9.

Worst: 12. It was the only FF I got bored in the middle of the game. i also have not finished this one while I finished all the others. :\
Elfuun_old
Best = 6, followed by 4 and 9.

Worst = 10.
awp
I think I'm one of the few people who thought FF4 was the worst of the numeric FF games. Was never fond of the linear "hands off" character progression
Kunino Sagiri
top 1: FF 9 (Excalibur 2 moments, HURRY HURRY get to the last chapter in 12hrs! )
top 2: FF 10 (Penance), FF 10-2 (100% or repeat the whole game)
top 3: anything else
Tsukasa
Favorite: FFTA2
2nd would be FF3

Worst one i played would be FF4
RBRat3
Liked...
1. VII for childhood nostalgia, Don't like it so much now since its gotten so much more attention throughout the years than it deserved.
2. IX would be top if it was the first game I got when I received my PS1.
3. X nice balance of story vs. art... Shitty voice acting and dialogue arrangement.

Worst...
1. XII wheres the romance? Had to drop it.
2. XIII too much eye-candy not enough story development and a wall of text to read just to make sense of it all.
elroyboy
i didnt play final fantasy ._.
LukaXD
I never got around to play VIII-XIII (Mostly because my ps2 died D:), I played for X-2 for a short period (got like 30h in that game)
My favourite has to be FFIV + after years and CC Ring of Fates
Least Favourite Dissidia FF and Dissidia 012 FF -.-
The Ribbon Red

jianzii wrote:

Crisis Core is quite possibly my favorite game of all time.

I don't really have a least favorite FF game, because for the most part I haven't played most of 'em.
This