forum

Leevi "thelewa" Juusela 1995-2018

posted
Total Posts
show more
Dashie
Lewa was a huge inspiration for me. His style of play and his understanding of the game helped shape my view of the game and how i approach it. Will miss him so much.

Gone, but not for forgotten.

See you space cowboy...rest in peace
-Arche
rest in peace the lawa :(
Nanachii
shocking and heartbreaking news...

rest in peace thelewa, hope you are never forgotten

see you space cowboy
Kotori-Chan
Man i remember watching his streams back then. They were always so entertaining and funny...and lewa himself also looked pretty happy, having a fun time ~
He was also my (and probably many other players too) Inspiration to learn HR/HDHR.
I'll definitely never gonna forget him...

May he rest in Peace :(
xAntu
Rest in peace...
Chocolatia
It's heartbreaking that things have turned out this way. Though it was hinted that he had been struggling with life and mental health in the past, I had hoped that he would be okay and make a serious comeback one day. I had never expected things to take a turn for the worst.

lewa will not be forgotten. The years that he's been around have made some of my best memories playing this game.
In terms of skill, he was one of the best players who was years ahead of his time.
In terms of personality, he is without a doubt my favourite osu player.

Rest in peace, lewa.

I think most of the players that were into osu as a community in the west before mid-2015 had or at least browsed ask.fm because almost every relevant player/mapper was on it and for whatever reason there was no other alternative place to gather (osugame blew up later).

lewa's ask page was the number 1 go-to page out of everyone playing the game. It was unbelievably influential. Pretty much everyone who was around at the time read it at some point. It was almost the osugame of its time for me. It was something I had to check daily during its peak period in 2013-2014 when he was still playing actively and competitively, and when I was just starting to get into the community.

I think this page was how most people got to know him. It was simply too interesting to stay away from. His quirky yet almost lovable personality just permeated through all of the stuff he wrote. Whether it was banter or about more serious life questions, the way he wrote and thought always had something compelling to it. I was genuinely fascinated by this Finnish guy writing perfect, eloquent English, and before I knew it I became an avid follower. Over the years I had anonymously asked him many questions and send him random memey stuff from time to time. I often asked for his opinions and reactions on things that were happening in the game and the community. The anonymity allowed me to be direct in just about anything I wanted to ask. Whether it was to congratulate him on FCing some map, or gaining/losing ranks, or his thoughts about other players, or something completely random, his answers never failed to disappoint. Some of these questions would go on to spark other interesting "conversations" to occur on his timeline. This was the way I interacted with him. Though it was all behind a mask, it felt meaningful to me and I feel like I got to know him a little better with each answer he gave.

I'll always miss those good old times.
azurau
rest in peace
Nerowo
Rest in peace, you'll be always in our heart.
Kaiden Mikami
RIP Thelewa. I started playing when he was still active, now... it's only in my memories.
-Kazuki-
lepää rauhassa.
Liiraye
I always looked up to you and appreciated the feedback you gave when trying my shitty maps way back lol, It really meant a lot to me.

Funny, provocative, and clever is what I can recall from the various encounters we had, even though it has been quite a few years now.

I'm very sad to find out about your passing. It's surreal in a sense, that THE thelewa isn't here anymore. It's like a chunk of osu as I knew it has been cemented and sealed away forever in history. You had a real impact on this community, as evident by the massive amounts of people paying their respects here.

You'll definitely be missed and remembered by many.

RIP.
-Hanatan
lepää rauhassa leevi, much respect.
[ Scarlet Red ]
Even though I didn't know him personally I was a huge fucking fan... ugh it's so so hard not to cry... rest in peace man... You're off in a better world. Let's hope you're still clicking circles like a mad man... haha. This is hard...
Iliekwaffles
nononno not like this ;(
Alisson
I can't count how many times I watched his replays, thelewa was one of the players I most admired, not only because of his skills, but because he was really kind and always helped newbies.

Rest in piece, my sincere condolences to your family and friends.
RememberTheTime
Rest in peace. If anybody reading this is having problems of their own please get help , there is ALWAYS hope and better days ahead.
TritoBandito
Oh boy, that Hit me like a truck. I really liked him, and He was one hell of a good player. May you Rest in peace love.
dalesama
rest in peace.
Nyaruko-san
I am heartbroken to hear this. I know I've never talked to thelewa but he was an inspiration and a funny jokester. To hear what happened to him at this young age is absolutely hard dropping and makes my mouth bitter. I'm in utter disbelief but. There is nothing we can do other than remember him for who he was. Thank you for this post.
Hanss
Before my great journey on mania, this guy was one of the eye openers back in the day to what gods this game can produce and how great osu!standard and just osu! in general can be. Unfortunate to hear about his passing. Prayers out to his friends and family. Rest in peace Leevi :/
Miru
Rest in piece.
SweetRain
cant believe it!!! rest in peace.
gilmour59
Rest in Peace :(
_blacknebula
Rip, the community will never forget
NAIDE
Rest in peace man, i hope you're doing well wherever you are
Rumia-
May you be in the better place now , RIP the hdhr god thelewa.
force-a-nature
goodnight
Snans
Amazing player with a great sense of humor. What a terrible loss...
Einhart Stratos
RIP
-Garrick
I remember when I first started, one of the first replays I watched was of thelewa. I think this was even before I had an account (someone introduced it to me and i played at his house). Amazing player, his talent will always be remembered on the leaderboards.
edvin184
This is so sad, rest in peace... :(
skyllzhogo
May your soul rest in peace indefinitely, Leevi.

I'll never forget how much he meant to me, despite being just an odd fangirl. The streams and his ask.fm gave me such enjoyment. Creating "thelewaism" was one of the weirdest times in my life. I hope that we were able to give him some amusement with the shenanigans.
LSXPH
RIP
See you Space Cowboy...
RareNest
Rest in peace you beautiful man
You were such a kind person
Prophecy
Rest in peace :(
Maxus
I'm so surprised hearing this news suddenly, Rest in Piece Thelewa.
trans rights
one of the most inspirational players i ever had the pleasure of chatting with briefly when i started playing.
here i am, almost 4 years later, still playing this game due to lewa and a few others keeping me interested, watching him play and have fun with the game really taught me a lot about it, and it hurts to see him go, especially in this way...
rest in peace, friend, we'll always remember and love you.
_xyliac
:( may lewa rest in peace
cip
See you space cowboy

RIP lewa
Zchted
Rest in peace Lewa.
show more