forum

How do you play Osu

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
FlippantBalloon
How do you play Osu?
I'm not asking for a tutorial or help or anything. I mean when you start up Osu and reach the menu, what do you do next?

are you the type to replay songs over and over until you SS them?
do you download new songs and play them?
Or do you just do whatever and mess around playing whatever you feel like?

The way I play is: I set a song (that's slightly harder than any other I've beaten) and attempt to beat it. If I can't beat it I'll play other maps until I can. Once I pass it, I'll likely never play it again. even If i only get a C rank. I don't replay songs or attempt to increase accuracy on them. I just try to hit the hardest songs I possibly can, and once I beat them, immediately set a new goal.

So what's your play style?
Ruwulo
osu have 3 tipes of players:
normal player: only play 1 time the maps and go to download more maps
farmer player: he or she play all time the same map or moded maps (every time the same maps) until he or she gave SS or the higher quantity of pp points
tryharder player: are players noobs end that try to plays maps very harder for ya level

yo know
i am a farmer osu!catch player
ManuelOsuPlayer
Open osu! listen the song random selected. If i like it, i play it. If i don't i press F2.
Also depends on the day: Order by diff. Pick 7*+ maps. 3* maps. Low AR. HD. HR...
Anything i feel like i want to play.
If i want up ranks i ask tillerino !r or go to a player what have similar rank and play once his topranks.
If i'm tired or bored i join multi.
Juuuuuuuuul
Depending of my mood, i'll do relaxing stuff for the music, going in a host rotating lobby for new maps, or try to beat the hardest stuff that i can.
every session of osu! is different.
RamenBucket
Usually move my way up from 5* to 6* as my session continues. Otherwise, I just play fun songs or ones with good music. If I come across a farm song I play it if I'm in the mood. If i start getting bored I switch from nomod to hddt to spice things up. Mostly play solo tho.
zoklev
I play maps that I can pass but not fc. I only play maps a few times unless I think I can fc it, then I keep retrying until I fc
show more