forum

The story of my experience on osu

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Sinsinchi
It was around January that I really started playing the game. I had actually just beat my first tech map called O'er the flood. I had really enjoyed some of the effects and mapping that it had to offer. I enjoyed it so much that I decided to map a 2 star map of it. I didn't know that you actually had to take the mp3 file off of it, so I couldn't submit it since I edited my play on to it. Therefore, I decided to upload the file to google drive so I could have someone play it. I had asked in #osu chat if someone could play the map I created and it took a few minutes before someone really noticed, but that's when I met my best friend. I not going to mention their real username for safety reasons so I'll call them, "Jello". Jello had decided to came in and tested my map, and I think I recall her saying that the map wasn't that bad for my first one. A few days later, I started talking to her again. Soon we became friends sharing osu plays and stuff like that. I always found what she said very random but funny, and she thought the same. I really enjoyed spending time with her. That was because of the fun moments we shared, which we had plenty of. Perhaps I seemed too happy because she would always have to mention, "we're just friends". Although it did kind of hurt, it didn't hurt for the reason you think. She was more than just a friend to me, I had considered her my best friend. I don't think she ever technically thought the same. After much practice with my tablet, I had started making really good plays which helped me to surpass her rank. Which she did not really enjoy. I suppose I didn't really notice before it was too late. She hated the fact that I could do these semi decent plays that she couldn't seem to do herself. But the thing was, she could do so much more than me. She could set unbelievable scores I could never hope to imagine I would set. But I don't think that was enough for her. The final moments of our time together had become very dull and slight animosity was there. It had all come to an end when I showed her some of the 7 star plays I had passed. She didn't want to see anymore of it. So without a single notice, she blocked me. The first couple of days I was in disbelief and shock, how could someone I consider my best friend leave like that. Further in I would have dreams of her blocking me. I was haunted by what happened. At one point I was afraid to go to sleep because I fear I would have to recall the past. All my friends were supporting me and telling me I should just forget about it. But I couldn't bring myself to. My best friend on osu and in fact the internet had just disappeared without notice. 2 months later, with the help of my friend she unblocked me and we became friends once more. Keep in mind I didn't know why she blocked me in the first place. 4 days and I was happy to have my friend back. We were talking about osu and other games as if nothing had ever happened. Soon I made another semi decent play on Osu memories and when I showed her, it all halted once more. Whatever she felt about me had returned and I was once again blocked. I couldn't and I can't bring myself to play osu anymore. Because finally I understood why she left. It was because of osu, that I had be sad for all that time. It was because I enjoyed a game so much I tried desperately to get good at it. And that's why I believe games can ruin relationships. Maybe I shouldn't let one person affect how I see something I enjoy and how I see myself but I have. That's why I'm going to better myself and I will return to osu because I should continue to do the things I enjoy and so my osu experience can continue to greater places. Until part 2 of "The story of my experience on osu", I bid you farewell and keep enjoying what you love to do.
[-takanashi-]
man loved reading on your experience on osu.
Hope you become a next top player.
efina
Next cookiezi when?
Alexander911
I started around playing osu in 2016, only taken an interest into osu around feb, and had a strain that i'll never forget from this game in Feb 28,2018.
Xirai
Some people (including myself) are not good with competetive stuff in a friendship.

It makes a bad feeling, makes you feel like a looser and if this repeats and repeats, then you dont feel comfortable anymore.

Thou' there is 2 sides of the story. She could have said "stop this, it hurts me".
But anyway, after the first BLOCKING ACTION, you should have noticed, this is hurting her, to be honest.
It's obvious, to not send her your records and stuff. Talking normally about daily life is good. talking about scores and passes lead to a block. so... why did you just send such stuff to her?

Just be more vague, like "I am happy, that I just made it throu a song" no scores no nothin...
She isnt open to such stuff dude... Probably she feels like you are bragging about it.
abraker

Sinsinchi wrote:

It was around January that I really started playing the game. I had actually just beat my first tech map called O'er the flood. I had really enjoyed some of the effects and mapping that it had to offer. I enjoyed it so much that I decided to map a 2 star map of it. I didn't know that you actually had to take the mp3 file off of it, so I couldn't submit it since I edited my play on to it.

Therefore, I decided to upload the file to google drive so I could have someone play it. I had asked in #osu chat if someone could play the map I created and it took a few minutes before someone really noticed, but that's when I met my best friend. I not going to mention their real username for safety reasons so I'll call them, "Jello". Jello had decided to came in and tested my map, and I think I recall her saying that the map wasn't that bad for my first one. A few days later, I started talking to her again. Soon we became friends sharing osu plays and stuff like that.

I always found what she said very random but funny, and she thought the same. I really enjoyed spending time with her. That was because of the fun moments we shared, which we had plenty of. Perhaps I seemed too happy because she would always have to mention, "we're just friends". Although it did kind of hurt, it didn't hurt for the reason you think. She was more than just a friend to me, I had considered her my best friend. I don't think she ever technically thought the same.

After much practice with my tablet, I had started making really good plays which helped me to surpass her rank. Which she did not really enjoy. I suppose I didn't really notice before it was too late. She hated the fact that I could do these semi decent plays that she couldn't seem to do herself. But the thing was, she could do so much more than me. She could set unbelievable scores I could never hope to imagine I would set. But I don't think that was enough for her.

The final moments of our time together had become very dull and slight animosity was there. It had all come to an end when I showed her some of the 7 star plays I had passed. She didn't want to see anymore of it. So without a single notice, she blocked me. The first couple of days I was in disbelief and shock, how could someone I consider my best friend leave like that. Further in I would have dreams of her blocking me.

I was haunted by what happened. At one point I was afraid to go to sleep because I fear I would have to recall the past. All my friends were supporting me and telling me I should just forget about it. But I couldn't bring myself to. My best friend on osu and in fact the internet had just disappeared without notice. 2 months later, with the help of my friend she unblocked me and we became friends once more. Keep in mind I didn't know why she blocked me in the first place.

4 days and I was happy to have my friend back. We were talking about osu and other games as if nothing had ever happened. Soon I made another semi decent play on Osu memories and when I showed her, it all halted once more. Whatever she felt about me had returned and I was once again blocked. I couldn't and I can't bring myself to play osu anymore. Because finally I understood why she left. It was because of osu, that I had be sad for all that time. It was because I enjoyed a game so much I tried desperately to get good at it. And that's why I believe games can ruin relationships.

Maybe I shouldn't let one person affect how I see something I enjoy and how I see myself but I have. That's why I'm going to better myself and I will return to osu because I should continue to do the things I enjoy and so my osu experience can continue to greater places. Until part 2 of "The story of my experience on osu", I bid you farewell and keep enjoying what you love to do.
Having paragraphs is a formatting win
koemada

abraker wrote:

Sinsinchi wrote:

It was around January that I really started playing the game. I had actually just beat my first tech map called O'er the flood. I had really enjoyed some of the effects and mapping that it had to offer. I enjoyed it so much that I decided to map a 2 star map of it. I didn't know that you actually had to take the mp3 file off of it, so I couldn't submit it since I edited my play on to it.

Therefore, I decided to upload the file to google drive so I could have someone play it. I had asked in #osu chat if someone could play the map I created and it took a few minutes before someone really noticed, but that's when I met my best friend. I not going to mention their real username for safety reasons so I'll call them, "Jello". Jello had decided to came in and tested my map, and I think I recall her saying that the map wasn't that bad for my first one. A few days later, I started talking to her again. Soon we became friends sharing osu plays and stuff like that.

I always found what she said very random but funny, and she thought the same. I really enjoyed spending time with her. That was because of the fun moments we shared, which we had plenty of. Perhaps I seemed too happy because she would always have to mention, "we're just friends". Although it did kind of hurt, it didn't hurt for the reason you think. She was more than just a friend to me, I had considered her my best friend. I don't think she ever technically thought the same.

After much practice with my tablet, I had started making really good plays which helped me to surpass her rank. Which she did not really enjoy. I suppose I didn't really notice before it was too late. She hated the fact that I could do these semi decent plays that she couldn't seem to do herself. But the thing was, she could do so much more than me. She could set unbelievable scores I could never hope to imagine I would set. But I don't think that was enough for her.

The final moments of our time together had become very dull and slight animosity was there. It had all come to an end when I showed her some of the 7 star plays I had passed. She didn't want to see anymore of it. So without a single notice, she blocked me. The first couple of days I was in disbelief and shock, how could someone I consider my best friend leave like that. Further in I would have dreams of her blocking me.

I was haunted by what happened. At one point I was afraid to go to sleep because I fear I would have to recall the past. All my friends were supporting me and telling me I should just forget about it. But I couldn't bring myself to. My best friend on osu and in fact the internet had just disappeared without notice. 2 months later, with the help of my friend she unblocked me and we became friends once more. Keep in mind I didn't know why she blocked me in the first place.

4 days and I was happy to have my friend back. We were talking about osu and other games as if nothing had ever happened. Soon I made another semi decent play on Osu memories and when I showed her, it all halted once more. Whatever she felt about me had returned and I was once again blocked. I couldn't and I can't bring myself to play osu anymore. Because finally I understood why she left. It was because of osu, that I had be sad for all that time. It was because I enjoyed a game so much I tried desperately to get good at it. And that's why I believe games can ruin relationships.

Maybe I shouldn't let one person affect how I see something I enjoy and how I see myself but I have. That's why I'm going to better myself and I will return to osu because I should continue to do the things I enjoy and so my osu experience can continue to greater places. Until part 2 of "The story of my experience on osu", I bid you farewell and keep enjoying what you love to do.

Having paragraphs is a formatting win

god bless
xiiyeet
waiting for u next cookiezi
Surono

Xirai wrote:

Some people (including myself) are not good with competetive stuff in a friendship.

It makes a bad feeling, makes you feel like a looser and if this repeats and repeats, then you dont feel comfortable anymore.

Thou' there is 2 sides of the story. She could have said "stop this, it hurts me".
But anyway, after the first BLOCKING ACTION, you should have noticed, this is hurting her, to be honest.
It's obvious, to not send her your records and stuff. Talking normally about daily life is good. talking about scores and passes lead to a block. so... why did you just send such stuff to her?

Just be more vague, like "I am happy, that I just made it throu a song" no scores no nothin...
She isnt open to such stuff dude... Probably she feels like you are bragging about it.
me .inc
Topic Starter
Sinsinchi

Xirai wrote:

Getting back to this, I understand what you are saying in a sense if she never really talked about osu, however there is another side to this as well. She would still talk to me about osu regularly and send me screenshots, so I disregarded that being the reason. Also she did encourage me on some of the screenshots I showed her.I don't know if it justifies anything but I understand that maybe if I wasn't so into osu, this all could have been avoided.
chenny
Great read