forum

[Archived] OSU Song Transfer

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
filledcake
I got a new PC recently and took all the songs from my old PC and put them on a USB and transferred them into the songs folder and when I opened OSU none of the songs had loaded and was just wondering how to load them or what I did wrong
Any help would be appreciated.
Doge Owner
Press F5.
Topic Starter
filledcake

Doge Owner wrote:

Press F5.

F5 just skips the next song but doesnt load the songs that I put into the folder into my actual song list on the app.
Death
Close osu! and move the file "osu!.db" outside of your osu! folder. This will force all of your beatmaps to reprocess the next time you open the game.
Topic Starter
filledcake

Death wrote:

Close osu! and move the file "osu!.db" outside of your osu! folder. This will force all of your beatmaps to reprocess the next time you open the game.

I dont have a osu!.db file inside of my osu folder. I have a osu!.cfg but Im not sure if thats relevant
Doge Owner
Reinstall osu! open it first, then put the songs.
Death
Have you hit "Play > Solo" yet? Your beatmaps will process when you get to the song selection screen if you don't have an osu!.db file.

I didn't realize you were probably talking about the song list on the main menu in the "Jump to" window. The song selection screen is also where you should have hit F5.
show more