forum

Tips for Aiming Streams?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Rock Man
So I've seen a lot of things around on how to get better at tapping streams, which is all well and good, but through my own research, I've found next to nothing on the topic of aiming streams, which is something I've been having some massive trouble with through my practice. I'm wondering if there are any new things I could try to try and improve my stream aim, which is why I'm making this post. I originally made a Reddit thread about it, but I know how Reddit hates reading large posts so I kept it relatively short. I wanna go a bit more in-depth here since it's pretty much required to explain my situation fully.

Contrary to popular belief on Reddit, "play more" doesn't say jack about what I'm doing wrong, and frankly just pisses me off. I started practicing my stream aim on a daily basis about two months ago, for 2-3 hours a day. I think "playing more" doesn't really apply here, since I'm already devoting a ridiculous amount of time to stream aim -- enough that I should be a lot better at them than I currently am.

Going into my actual problem...I randomly will miss entire streams, seemingly out of nowhere. That's actually what happens to me. It's not just one of those one-off things that I just randomly fail a map because of. It's every single play that this happens. I'm at the point where I my stream aim itself is actually fine outside of that random hard-whiff that happens ever time I try to play a stream map. It's kept me from passing stream-heavy maps that, with the amount of practice I've put into aim, should be pretty much free for me at this point (Blue Zenith ktgster diff, Ice Angel, Freedom Dive Another diff, Image Material Scourpior, etc). Should I pass a map by sheer luck (like with Ice Angel and Image Material in particular), I can be pretty sure that I won't be able to recreate or improve on the run the same day (my first and only Ice Angel pass was about two months ago with 84% acc, and while maintaining ~95% acc or so on the map isn't an issue for me now, I still have the problem of whiffing that will cause me to fail out anyway).

In terms of tapping, I'm comfortable with my stream speed up to about 260BPM. My range for unlimited stamina caps at about 200BPM, and around 220BPM on a good day. It's only when I' m starting for the day or when I'm getting tired from playing in general that these numbers decrease at all, and even then it's only about a 20bpm difference.

Below are a couple replays of failed runs of stream maps so you can maybe get an idea of what exactly I'm doing wrong. I've run through replays of failed runs hundreds of times, but I can't figure anything out to do differently that will help me in the long run.

Blue Zenith [ktgster's Extreme]
HONESTY [DISHONEST]
Ange du Blanc Pur [ABSOLUTION] (Full Replay)

In terms of how I practice my stream aim, I have a fairly decent size collection of entirely stream maps that I try to play through in its entirety daily. Here's the current list of what I have in the collection (I also marked the ones I've passed thus far in Bold):

Stream Aim Collection
Ice Angel [Saint]
Kanjou no Matenrou ~ World's End [Extra Stage]
Revolution Deathsquad [Legend]
Through the Fire and Flames [Legend]
LOVELESS WORLD [Unbound by Fate]
Through the Fire and Flames [Myth]
The Last Journey Home [Legend]
Fury of the Storm [Legend]
Symphony of the Night [Legend]
Valley of the Damned [Apocalypse]
Defenders [Legend]

My Spirit Will Go On [Legend]
Seasons [Legend]
FREEDOM DiVE [Another]
Blue Zenith [ktgster's Extreme]
Operation Ground and Pound [Legend]
Seijouki no Pierrot ~ The MadPiero Laughs [Apollo Hoax Theory]
Blue Zenith [FOUR DIMENSIONS]
Yomi yori Kikoyu, Koukoku no Tou to Honoo no Shoujo. [Reverberation]
Halcyon -Long Version- [ONE DIMENSION]

Extraction Zone [Legend]
Cry Thunder [Legend]
FREEDOM DiVE [FOUR DIMENSIONS]
Sidetracked Day [THREE DIMENSIONS]
HONESTY [DISHONEST]
IMAGE -MATERIAL- <Version 0> [Revolution]
AugoEidEs [oyasumi]
Road of Resistance [Rebellion]
God and the Illusory Garden [Kami]
Nostalgic (Nightcore Mix) [Posthumous]
Road of Resistance [Crimson Rebellion]
My Spirit Will Go On [Relentless]
Yomi yori Kikoyu, Koukoku no Tou to Honoo no Shoujo. [Marathon]
Oceanus [Arles - AR9.5]
Yomi yori Kikoyu, Koukoku no Tou to Honoo no Shoujo. [Kyouaku]

My preferred mod for practice is normally NM, but every now and then I'll get a bit of practice in with HR, HD, or both at once. I'll typically run through this entire playlist at least once a day.

If there's anything that anyone can suggest to help me out even a little bit, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks for your time reading this mess ^^
ManuelOsuPlayer
Just read the circles 1by1 like playing hidden. And keep patterns flow to don't shake. That's enought to aim them well.
Fizzly
So I watched the replays and in the blue zenith and honesty plays it looks like your using stamina and clicking too late at certain parts (im basing this on the hit meter at the bottom). Then you try to correct this by aiming slightly in front of the stream. After that you regain the stamina for the bpm but your still in front of the stream, so you end up tapping a bunch of notes too early( theres no 100s/50s, your so early your missing) and well that kills you.

Also looked like this happened on the bigger curves in the streams where I guess its easier for you to aim too far forward.
show more