forum

[resolved] low fps on a fairly good laptop

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Polnareff
hello fellow circle clickers i have i7-6300hq and gtx 960m on my laptop and i get a very low fps which is 380 fps things i've tried to solve it : lower resolution, different osu version, different resolution, nvidia settings, playing on integrated (gives me even less fps),disabling background programs such as discord and browsers, playing on compatibility mode, i have my graphics card driver updated
Doge Owner
Make sure you don't have any background programs that are running, keep an eye on your task manager processes.

Also, your computer could be overheating, just check that as well.
Topic Starter
Polnareff

Doge Owner wrote:

Make sure you don't have any background programs that are running, keep an eye on your task manager processes.

Also, your computer could be overheating, just check that as well.

as i said i disable background programs but i will check if my computer is overheating ty for that
Doge Owner
Make sure you don't have a high RAM/Memory usage.
Topic Starter
Polnareff

Doge Owner wrote:

hmm there is a program called antimalware service executable that uses my ram and when i try to close it from task manager it says the operation couldnt be completed
Andrea
Add osu! to the exceptions of your anti-virus if you have one, since the scanning process could make your game lag.

Also, play on fullscreen and not windowed, since you might lose some fps otherwise.

Another suggestion is to not use Unlimited frame limiter, 240 is good enough.
Topic Starter
Polnareff

Andrea wrote:

Add osu! to the exceptions of your anti-virus if you have one, since the scanning process could make your game lag.

Also, play on fullscreen and not windowed, since you might lose some fps otherwise.

Another suggestion is to not use Unlimited frame limiter, 240 is good enough.

240 fps adds alot cursor lag so i prefer unlimited and i play on fullscreen and dont have a anti virus
Doge Owner

Polnareff wrote:

Doge Owner wrote:

hmm there is a program called antimalware service executable that uses my ram and when i try to close it from task manager it says the operation couldnt be completed

Check your programs, if you have any suspicious "anti-virus" uninstall it.
Topic Starter
Polnareff

Doge Owner wrote:

Polnareff wrote:

Doge Owner wrote:

Check your programs, if you have any suspicious "anti-virus" uninstall it.

i disabled it but still have low fps
modrei_DELETED
try switching gpus, force osu to use your integrated and vice versa if its already using it
Topic Starter
Polnareff

modrei wrote:

try switching gpus, force osu to use your integrated and vice versa if its already using it

integrated gives me less fps which is about 110
modrei_DELETED

Polnareff wrote:

my bad, havent noticed you already tried it before

anyway, make sure your laptop is plugged in & your battery is in "best performance" mode
Topic Starter
Polnareff

modrei wrote:

Polnareff wrote:

my bad, havent noticed you already tried it before

anyway, make sure your laptop is plugged in & your battery is in "best performance" mode

um ok so now i messed with some settings in my integrated graphics driver and run osu with integrated now im able to get 600 fps lol problem solved ty everyone for trying to help
Doge Owner
Glad you solved it!
Topic Starter
Polnareff

Doge Owner wrote:

Glad you solved it!
thanks
show more