forum

[Archived] Can't keybind numpad

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Chadol
I have a Leopold FC210TP which used to work fine on my old computer, which was a MacBook dualbooted with Windows. But now, on my new PC, with numlock on, I can't bind keys on it to osu

When I try to bind it, all that shows up is "Numlock" and nothing else.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

does editing bump the thread?
Topic Starter
Chadol
bump
Death
Is there any special software or drivers that you need to install/use in order for the numpad to function normally? It's possible they might be causing issues.

Doing a bit of research on this particular numpad I found that apparently, up until around 2 years ago, it wouldn't output proper numpad codes (or wouldn't output them at all?). I believe it was a firmware update for newer key pads that fixed the issue. Perhaps your other machine was handling that more gracefully.
Topic Starter
Chadol

Death wrote:

Is there any special software or drivers that you need to install/use in order for the numpad to function normally? It's possible they might be causing issues.

Doing a bit of research on this particular numpad I found that apparently, up until around 2 years ago, it wouldn't output proper numpad codes (or wouldn't output them at all?). I believe it was a firmware update for newer key pads that fixed the issue. Perhaps your other machine was handling that more gracefully.

How can I get this firmware update? And no, I don't have any software installed for the numpad to function.
Death
From what I've been able to find, only newer models have the updated firmware the fixed the numpad code issue.

How old is the one you have? That might not even be the issue if the one you have is new enough, just a hypothesis.
Topic Starter
Chadol

Death wrote:

From what I've been able to find, only newer models have the updated firmware the fixed the numpad code issue.

How old is the one you have? That might not even be the issue if the one you have is new enough, just a hypothesis.

I don’t know. I’m fairly certain I bought it less than a year ago
Topic Starter
Chadol
still no solution
bump
Death
Can you try plugging in another keyboard with a keypad and checking to see if those keys are able to be bound?
Topic Starter
Chadol

Death wrote:

Can you try plugging in another keyboard with a keypad and checking to see if those keys are able to be bound?

I tried with a Das Keyboard 105 key layout and all numberpad numbers worked with numlock on.
Eimoor
Try pressing numlock on your main keyboard, and then bind osu keys
Death

Eimoor wrote:

Try pressing numlock on your main keyboard, and then bind osu keys
This thread specifically mentions having numlock on, as to imply having numlock off works fine.
greekgameralex
i have the same thing
with a motospeed numpad
Infinitryn

greekgameralex wrote:

i have the same thing
with a motospeed numpad
yeah same thing happening to me. I turn on numlock and it does not bind to the appropriate number. When I bought this keypad and used it in 2019, it worked perfectly fine. Now 2022, I wanted to try this keypad again and it does not bind.
show more