1. osu! forums
  2. osu!
  3. Help
posted
I recently got a new PC, and lost all my maps. So I downloaded a 160gb beatmap collection, put it in my songs folder, and went into Osu! and pressed F5. The beatmaps processed correctly, but now every time i play a beatmap then exit to the song select menu, I have to wait anywhere from between 1-10 seconds for the beatmaps to show up. Osu! is on its own drive (Seagate 500GB 5900RM) so there is nothing using up the drive's bandwidth.
posted
Try remaking a fresh database once again by removing the file "osu.db" from the folder.

Open osu! and it will reprocess all your beatmaps automatically.

If the error still persists, let me know!
posted

Andrea wrote:

Try remaking a fresh database once again by removing the file "osu.db" from the folder.

Open osu! and it will reprocess all your beatmaps automatically.

If the error still persists, let me know!
Hey! sorry for the delayed responce. I reloaded beatmaps and the issue is still there, albeit less intense

Edit: Maybe i should reiterate, because what i said before sounded incorrect. I meant that i deleted the file and the maps were reloaded
posted
Have you tried closing every other application while playing osu!? If so, the issue persists?
posted

Andrea wrote:

Have you tried closing every other application while playing osu!? If so, the issue persists?
Osu is often the only application I have open, and it still persists.
posted
Sounds like your hard disk is having a hard time with handling too many maps.

Have you tried to test on the same hard disk another osu! installation but with less maps?
posted

Andrea wrote:

Sounds like your hard disk is having a hard time with handling too many maps.

Have you tried to test on the same hard disk another osu! installation but with less maps?
Whenever I first re-installed the game, the maps it came with loaded almost immediately. Its weird that my drive is having trouble with the game, its literally the ONLY thing on it. Its 5900RPM, but the old drive I was playing on was 5400 and it loaded faster. I have about the same amount of maps now that i did before I lost them
Please sign in to reply.