Well, at the moment, staff has decided that they will NOT grant this tournament a set of badges because it is "the first iteration". I've sent them a reply e-mail, trying to get something done, because I don't understand why this is happening to this tournament, and none of the numerous others which were first iterations, like Shift Cup, Battlegrounds, etc.
So I will understand if you want to drop out since there is now no promise for a badge. I don't know what kind of prizes I can provide in the meantime, because Staff doesn't even give supporter anymore. This will simply have to be funded out of my own pocket. I hope you guys still enjoy the tournament in spite of this, if nothing is done, because I will still put a lot of work and love into it no matter what!
Hi guys! If you'd like to get in the mood of the tournament, we now have a skin! It's a skin made with elements mainly from umnkenenezo and a menu screen (for supporters only) designed by Reo.
Umnkenenezo has graciously allowed us to use these elements for this tournament, so I really would like you guys to go check out her twitter and please follow her! https://twitter.com/Sssahuo
She designed the drum, highway, faces, hit-bursts, banner, and the animated character! They weren't designed FOR the tournament, but we felt they fit the spirit of the tournament, so if you'd like to download this skin you can do so here: http://puu.sh/BdWQF/ec1944798a.osk
Also another thing, we have decided on a Pool Format and we want to make sure to share it with you, as such these have been added to the main post.
- The Map Pool will contain 16 maps. The format is as follows: Map Pool A will contain the following: 4 No Mod, 2 Hidden, 2 Hard Rock, 2 Free Mod. Map Pool B will contain the following: 2 Challenge Maps, 1 Double Time, 1 Easy Mod, 1 Hidden+Hard Rock, and the Tiebreaker. These maps are NOT BANNABLE.
- Each team is allowed to ban 1 map from Map Pool A. Map Pool B maps may not be allowed to be banned at ANY time.
The second runthrough of my stupidly long feedback/explaination of a tournament mappool is back. For those who didnt spectate the deltamax oni overlord tournament discord. Basically its a long list of comments about a mappool for those who are interested in watching this weekend's matches or simply dont have the time for a 2 hour showcase. I'll be doing this for every round till my elimination of the tournament. So sit back, read and feel free to roast/comment/debate about any of my comments, as a heads up this is simply my opinions. Feel free to disagree on them all you want.
1. Deadman Falling - mostly straightforward map. Minor SV changes throughout, nothing serious. C seeds who dont know how to 1/6 burst 4 combos will struggle on this map.
2. Amnolys - If youre a C seed that cant handle deadman falling. Dont pick this map period. Not only is the BPM slightly higher (165 v 180), but also 1/6 snapping happens mid 1/4 stream and sometimes does shift to 1/3 and vice versa. Minimal SV that at certain points feels as if it's lazily trying to cover up the snapping speed. Typical snapping map which despite it's SR is easier than some others ive seen at the 4* level in other tournaments.
3. The First Punch - Cool upbeat song that focuses and balances between combo heavy sections with several ddddddd kkkkkk only streams and Accelerating SV to trick you to speeding up your tempo. OD does sit at 6.9 so acc battles between the C seeds will be crucial to taking a point here.
4. Toumei Elegy - Popular song in STD tournaments and well known in the osu! community. Clocking in at 220 BPM it is the fastest map in the NM category and the longest at 3:19. Most part a consistency that will test the endurance of mid C seeds who might struggle to play at that speed with limited breaks in between sections of the song.
5. Nightfall - If you thought Toumei Elegy was fast. Playing this will feel much faster. More dense with faster scrolling speed and adding in HD will definately throw many C seeds off and maybe low B seeds who didnt practice. SV does shift in some sections but nothing crazy. Fair OD making this an exciting map to watch in a match which is something i like.
6. City Never Sleeps - A much more normalised HD which is perfectly fine considering the other HD in the pool. Confortable BPM and scrolling speed with very minor snapping changes throughout. Not dense and quite short giving teams the perfect alternate to complement the more HD challenging Nightfall map.
7. Pa Pi Pu Yeah! - Fast speedy HR map with a pushy OD of 8.4 that will make non-HR C and low B players struggle. THEN COMES THE FINISHERS which considering its a map by our swedish friend raph, not surprising in the slightest. Not that he has a fetish for finishers or anything but there tends to be quite the amount in several of his maps such as mushi but thats besides the point. If you cant hit fast finishers in weird patterns in the second half of the song you are screwed (unless the other C seed can do that either).
8. Seimei no Wa wo Tsumuide - Another speedy HR map with the same OD. Normally i would be complaining, but personally i feel as if this map isnt about timing or consistency. It took a few runs before i noticed that it feels more like a reading test. This map will ask both sides, can you read patterns that are complex and diverse whist changing snapping rate on the fly and maintaining acc. I can see this map that both B and C players will struggle to FC especually with the finale of the song going to an insane near unreadable scroll speed.
9. Outer Science - Outside of the dumb thing in the song that is being fixed, it is one of the longest in the entire pool that leaves room for either HD,HR or HDHR to be played. 2K+ C seeds could be using a mod. Mod consistency is king for this map. If you got a team that can hold their own to either mod for 3 and a half minutes, youll win the map unless your teammates choke or your opposition can hold more mods than your team whist overdoing it and placing too many mods and you will certainly lose. Free mod at this stage is quite complex as C seeds are at most likely to use a mod if they want whist A and B have to use a combination of mods. Quite the risk v reward dynmaic i see in this song choice that wont be present in future FM stages.
10. Pop Team Epic - More tech heavy and OD demanding in comparision to outer science. However, it has a lower BPM and is shorter. Once again testing mod flexibility just with different elements more significant such as snapping,streaming and acc. Both FM maps go hand in hand together which i find awesome.
11. CANDYLAND - I feel bad personally for teams who have C seeds that have never played in a tournament before with an EX pool. This map is designed to fuck with those people specifically. Maintaining their composure on IMO the most chaotic map in the pool filled with :GREEN BARS worth of SV and STREAMS of notes for 3 and a half minutes, is honestly the best way to mess with all of their heads. your ONLY friend in this map is the low OD of 4. As this map is unbannable, practice on this map is mandatory for all seeds. Otherwise you might as well surrender the point. So either GET GOOD or PRAY it doesnt get picked theres no inbetween
12. Wowie Zowie! - Only people with an IQ of 300 will pick this map. Knowing full well that if their C seed is better at 1/6 than the other C seed, they will win period. At least that's how i see it.
13. Bye Bye Beautiful - Fast, considerably long consistency DT pick. Good boring straightforward map to offset the craziness in the B pool that is unbannable.
14. Shotgun Senorita - Mostly a consistency map with changing SV and patterns. However, it does contain elements of slow, fast reading testing and also snapping changes. That being said OD is 3 so it shouldnt be too hard to stay in rhythm for most of the song for C seeds.
15. Sekai No Hate Ni Yoroshiku - Snapping test at what feels like random points in the song combined with a generally speedy HRHD map serves as a fun way to challenge C seed's ability to play with both mods at once which for those who are first timers in this tournament and those new to the forced HDHR concept will be quite the challenge that tournaments veterans and A/B seeds can exploit at least IMO
16. Hype - Fun TB map that legit does make for quite a show well fitting of its role as the TB. Mixing in every single thing fucking imaginable in this entire pool combined with quite a good amount of SV changes will throw the C seeds into the ultimate decisive clash to reveal who will come out on top. A map i advice against using mods but ehhh do whatever you want.
Tune in next week to get another breakdown of the mappool from one of the best commentators on the suiji team - Beat43210 :smiley:
love this pool BTW