forum

Impact of stress on performance on you?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
VinZentVanDough
I'd like to ask how much of your ability that is reduced due to stress (or in some cases, increased). Why am i asking this? Because I've noticed my friends doing really bad on something with audience.
abraker
If it's a map I haven't passed and I realize I am doing good, all natural laws dictate I will suddenly not know how to play and promptly fail.
ColdTooth
If I can't pass it, it's a garbage map
Meah
If I'm stressed, I can't do things right
hayate13

ColdTooth wrote:

glad im not the only one who think like this.
E m i
impact on performance: almost none
impact on inventory: -1x 40mg propranolol
levesterz
It have the same effect like i play `i wanna kill camalia 3` . getting worse as it progress.
Comfy Slippers
Depends on what kind of stage fright these people are dealing with. Best you can do is visualize the audience as a whole, instead of every individual. I haven't performed in front of crowd that much (doubt anyone here has), though the few times that I did I thrived under the pressure. You just shift into another gear and try to leave them in awe. Controlling your levels of noradrenaline is detrimental, though it might be very hard to some due to genetic and environmental factors. Keep in mind that anxiety can be partly inherited. Some tackle this issue on a whim while others have to dig deep. Now, being spectated in a game is easy. Just perceive them as bots, ezpz.
Quibbly
Knowing that ArMiN made the beatmap I'm about to play stresses me out since I can never fc his maps
Serraionga

ColdTooth wrote:

abraker
Historically I've been hurting myself over things I can't pass
brb gonna retry 400 bpm until my fingers fall off
show more