1. osu! forums
  2. osu!
  3. Help
posted
Hello, I apologize in advance for my English.


After reinstalling Windows, I had a problem running osu! "Osu! was unable to obtain graphic context.if this is the first time you've seen this ,please try restarting your PC
if this is a fresh intstall, you maybe be missing graphics drivers."

I tried and searched many things. One guy got it fixed by reinstalling the game and reinstalling .NET framework. I also did it all. But none of them got it fixed. I checked all my drivers too and they seems to work fine.



Operating System - Windows 10 (64-bit)
Laptop - Acer Aspire V3-551G (Notebook)
Video Cards - AMD Radeon HD 7600M Series + AMD Radeon HD 7640G
CPU - AMD A8-4500M APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics (4 CPUs) 1.9 GHz
DirectX - 12
.NET Frametwork - 3.5+

Hope anyone can help me.
Thanks
posted
Where is the person that seemed to fix this issue by reinstalling the game and .NET framework? I can't find that anywhere and it is nonsensical, it shouldn't help at all.

Restart your computer if you haven't already. And how did you go about checking your drivers? Even if they are up to date, please try reinstalling them if restarting does not work.

Use Display Driver Uninstaller or AMD's Clean Uninstall Utility (if you are using Catalyst drivers) to uninstall whatever you currently have installed and download the latest drivers for your cards from AMD's Website.

I believe Acer may force you to download your video card drivers from their website. If that is the case, go ahead and try that, the most important part is that you completely remove your old drivers.

Restart your computer after you are done.
posted

Death wrote:

Where is the person that seemed to fix this issue by reinstalling the game and .NET framework? I can't find that anywhere and it is nonsensical, it shouldn't help at all.

Restart your computer if you haven't already. And how did you go about checking your drivers? Even if they are up to date, please try reinstalling them if restarting does not work.

Use Display Driver Uninstaller or AMD's Clean Uninstall Utility (if you are using Catalyst drivers) to uninstall whatever you currently have installed and download the latest drivers for your cards from AMD's Website.

I believe Acer may force you to download your video card drivers from their website. If that is the case, go ahead and try that, the most important part is that you completely remove your old drivers.

Restart your computer after you are done.
Hello, I tried to remove the old video card drivers using DDU and install new drivers for the graphics card on the AMD website, but it did not help. I also updated my drivers with Driver Booster but it also didn't help. After all the driver installations and removals, I restarting the computer. I hope for your help.
posted
What Graphics Drivers & Version number did you install?
posted

Dntm8kmeeatu wrote:

What Graphics Drivers & Version number did you install?
I installed Automatically detect and install the driver on the AMD website
posted

Maphiozi wrote:

I installed Automatically detect and install the driver on the AMD website
And what drivers did those install? You should be able to open them and grab a type & version number.
posted

Dntm8kmeeatu wrote:

Maphiozi wrote:

I installed Automatically detect and install the driver on the AMD website
And what drivers did those install? You should be able to open them and grab a type & version number.
Version - 24.20.11021.1000
type - WDDM 1.3
posted
Radeon™ Software Adrenalin Edition 18.6.1 is not even supposed to be supported for that GPU.

This is what your GPU should support. https://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop/legacy?product=legacy3&os=Windows%2010%20-%2064

So double check your GPU is in fact one of those listed, and if so, uninstall the Adrenalin Drivers, and install the ones from that page, either the Crimson Beta, or Catalyst.

I would suggest the Crimson Beta version as the GUI in that version is way better than Catalyst, but the Catalyst version is more likely stable.
posted

Dntm8kmeeatu wrote:

Radeon™ Software Adrenalin Edition 18.6.1 is not even supposed to be supported for that GPU.

This is what your GPU should support. https://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop/legacy?product=legacy3&os=Windows%2010%20-%2064

So double check your GPU is in fact one of those listed, and if so, uninstall the Adrenalin Drivers, and install the ones from that page, either the Crimson Beta, or Catalyst.

I would suggest the Crimson Beta version as the GUI in that version is way better than Catalyst, but the Catalyst version is more likely stable.
I have two video cards, this driver is only under one of my video cards.
posted
What other video card do you have? You didn't provide two?
posted

Dntm8kmeeatu wrote:

What other video card do you have? You didn't provide two?
AMD Radeon HD 7600M Series and AMD Radeon HD 7640G
posted
Both are 7000 series, both being input to AMD's driver finder both end up at the same page.
posted

Maphiozi wrote:

Dntm8kmeeatu wrote:

What other video card do you have? You didn't provide two?
AMD Radeon HD 7600M Series and AMD Radeon HD 7640G
Just there it was written that 7600 and below, but I'll try to install these drivers, thanks
posted

Dntm8kmeeatu wrote:

Both are 7000 series, both being input to AMD's driver finder both end up at the same page.
Hi, I installed new drivers on my video card, but unfortunately it did not help, I need your help. Thank you
posted
I'm not sure what to tell you if literally every driver doesn't work, especially the ones AMD say to install. Contact AMD, or buy a new computer with newer hardware, or maybe your Windows Install is fucked. We can't really help further.
Please sign in to reply.