forum

Becoming Relevant in Osu

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Sinsinchi
There are many ways to be noticed and acknowledged in the osu community. Firstly, you have to establish your presence within osu. This can be as simple as saying, "hi" or "would you mind spectating me?" Which is usually what gets people to know you exist. But, you're not a famous osu player yet! second is getting people to remember that you exist. Make friends and be active in chat and forums. Mathi is not only known for being an exceptional player who rose to the top, he is also known for getting silenced quite often for spamming in chat. A common misconception is that you must be a very high rank(top 1000) to be popular within the community. However, people such as Andrea, pishifat, and even Sotarks are widespread names in the world of osu. I know Andrea for being a mapper with over 200 ranked maps. Sotarks is infamous for his 1-2 jump spikes. But Perhaps you want to be known within osu for your ability to play even with a low rank. There are many ways to approach this. One of my favorite ways to approach this is to commonly show up in streamer's multiplayer matches. For this purpose, it can be considered leeching but trust me, many popular osu players have done this at least once before. Another excellent path is to become a streamer yourself. Your first few streams will be often slow and have little to no views. A good way to counteract this is to tell your friends online and even offline. If you're are still in school, go to your friend circle and show off vods and such. If they're interested then consider yourself up one view. If this is all too much for you, you can simply participate in tournaments, official or not. This is another great way to get noticed. Not only by spectators but even popular players themselves. People such as Toy actively participate in tournaments. This takes much time and few people actually make it in fame. If none of this works, then just do what I'm doing and post random useless information around the forums. Sometimes helpful as well though. Keep working hard at something and you'll eventually achieve it!
TeeArctic1
But all that takes effort, how do I do that without having to actually do something?

Jokes aside, this is a pretty logical and down-to-earth analysis which could serve as a stepping stone for many, kudos to you.
Zain Sugieres
or u could just get good and set good scores
worst fl player

Zain Sugieres wrote:

or u could just get good and set good scores
how is the progress? :^)
RemmyX25
Just post around a lot with actual content and not shitposts. Another thing would probably be having a recognizable avatar or brand. Through the years, I've always used some form of red hair/scouter and thats how people recognized me.
abraker
I became famous in OT by simply shitposting

As for things outside of OT I am known for being one of the osu!skills devs, and I think I am infamous for promoting some of the more controversial ideas on how to analyze, change, or improve parts of the game

So if you can't be a good player or mapper, offer up something notable to them instead
[-takanashi-]
Greydus
just be active and friendly in the community, that's how it usually works
show more