Best tablet area? Bigger or smaller

Smaller
50.36%
Bigger
49.64%
Total votes: 139
Topic Starter
TeachMeTheWay
I am getting mixed messages while browsing the forums. Some say a larger tablet area is better while others say the smaller the better.

I need help regarding on how big/small my tablet area should be as I feel that my accuracy and aim is trash. I cannot find a comfortable area myself and I need help..

https://imgur.com/a/MVBwEHR <------ tablet area.

please tell me if it's too big or too small.

and plz give me general tips on how to git gud. My fingers are slow (streams 110 bpm :( ) so can anybody help me with that.

I have also heard that pros use full area..

I have a g640 btw
- Zuramaru -
There’s realistically no one-size-fits-all area and all you can really do is mess around with areas until you find something that feels comfortable. A general guideline that a lot of people say is to make the area large enough to where you can reach all four corners of the screen fairly comfortably. If you feel like you’re consistently aiming short, make the area smaller. If you feel like you’re consistently overshooting with your aim, make your area larger. It’s all down to experimenting and preference.

Generally, smaller areas make movements like jumps easier, but you have less control over your aim, and the inverse is true with larger areas.
ManuelOsuPlayer
Full area better for the simple reasson you build muscle memory faster, since slow and longer movments works more your muscles than fast and quick ones.
Also make it easier to control at easy maps, what will make you able to aim properly faster so can be more focused on tap than aim.
Once you can fc high 5* maps you can chose a smaller area and get use to it.
Pick a smaller area at start it's a bad idea, you will shit miss a lot and don't progress as fast.

Copy a topplayer area at start make no sense. They are playing 5*DT and screen corner jumps, spacing stuff etc, so the smaller area it's actually helpfull and they have enought control to use that playstyle.
Topic Starter
TeachMeTheWay
I have extended my tablet area and it feels great :) I can aim a bit better now, thanks! Now I just gotta work on my tapping
- Zuramaru -

TeachMeTheWay wrote:

I have extended my tablet area and it feels great :) I can aim a bit better now, thanks! Now I just gotta work on my tapping

Yeah, in general a larger area gives more control over your aim. Good luck with improving!
Implojin
You want as large of an area as you can set while still being able to comfortably hit fullscreen jumps

Larger area == more physical target space for your circles
Too large of an area == hitting corner jumps becomes less comfortable, with extra arm/wrist motion that wouldn't be necessary at a slightly smaller area

Find an area that seems slightly too big for you and then go down a little bit
Rynnavinx
Any reason why the ratios of your screen and tablet don't match? That's usually not good
Topic Starter
TeachMeTheWay

Radiant Rayv wrote:

Any reason why the ratios of your screen and tablet don't match? That's usually not good

sadly pen tablet does not allow me to lock the ratio so I have to guess :(
DXPOHIHIHI
Id say go for the middle, not large, not small, just right at the middle will be the best.

But it all comes down to preference
hayate13
my area is really small
TecSopurtINDIA
In the beginning I would keep it big and gradually make it smaller as you need to be able to jump faster and over bigger area over time
Topic Starter
TeachMeTheWay
Sooo which one is it? Make it bigger over time or make it smaller -_-

https://imgur.com/a/VnKoBbj <--- new area
ManuelOsuPlayer
Max Active Area.
And don't touch area anymore until you can 99% high 5* maps.
Rynnavinx

TeachMeTheWay wrote:

Radiant Rayv wrote:

ah, so xp pen's drivers are still crap. In that case, use these drivers that everyone's been using nowadays: https://github.com/hawku/TabletDriver
Has a much better interface

ManuelOsuPlayer wrote:

Max Active Area.

Don't do this. While its true that it's usually not recommended to use a really small area, you should still find an area you're comfortable with and stick with it. You can make changes down the line if you feel like you need to make changes for comfort or playability, but generally its a good idea to stick to one area. Different grips, pen positions, playstyles, and people will be better with different areas, so find one that works for comfort and gameplay.
Topic Starter
TeachMeTheWay

Radiant Rayv wrote:

TeachMeTheWay wrote:

Radiant Rayv wrote:

ah, so xp pen's drivers are still crap. In that case, use these drivers that everyone's been using nowadays: https://github.com/hawku/TabletDriver
Has a much better interface

ManuelOsuPlayer wrote:

Max Active Area.

Don't do this. While its true that it's usually not recommended to use a really small area, you should still find an area you're comfortable with and stick with it. You can make changes down the line if you feel like you need to make changes for comfort or playability, but generally its a good idea to stick to one area. Different grips, pen positions, playstyles, and people will be better with different areas, so find one that works for comfort and gameplay.

Ok, so how do I transfer my values to that driver software? They seem different
show more