forum

Ausu!Taiko Tournament 2018 [FINISHED]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Jaye
Ausu!Taiko Tournament 2018

Welcome to the fourth official (and perhaps last ever) Australian Taiko Tournament!

And it's already over; thanks for playing and goodnight.

First Place: [Zeth]
Second Place: remii
Third Place: CrabCow
Fourth Place: Lusty Platypus

Results Link: https://challonge.com/ausuTaiko2018

Schedule:

Please Check for information on the tournament schedule regularly.
  1. 11th of Aug: Registrations Close
  2. 12th of Aug (4pm): Seedings and Groups Released
  3. 18th-19th of Aug: Group Stage
  4. 25th-26th of Aug: Round of 16
  5. 1st-2nd of Sep: Quarter Finals
  6. 8th-9th of Sep: Semi Finals
  7. 15th-16th of Sep: Semi Finals 2
  8. 22nd-23rd of Sep: Finals Weekend
* Each round will be played during the weekends throughout Aug-Sep in the afternoon/early evenings. Times will be in UTC 10. Please adjust by -2 hours for Malaysia, and +2 hours for New Zealand.

Prizes:

1st Place: Winner Badge probably
2nd Place: Best wishes for his wrists

Tournament Staff:

Event Organisation: Aloda Jaye
Map Selector: Aloda
Referees: Aloda, raii, Cactie, Xeltic Rival, Jaye + probably a bunch of self-reffing
Graphic Design: Will get taryll to make us a badge!
Absolute Cutie: sonniet

Groups:

Map Pools

Check out all of the mappools here!

Download the Group Stage Map Pack!
Download the Round of 16 Map Pack!
Download the Quarter Finals Map Pack!
Download the Semi Finals Map Pack!
Lol no Finals Map Pack.

Rules:

General Rules
  1. Tournament is open to all players living in Australia, New Zealand, and Malaysia (despite it being called "Ausu!Taiko"; the name is really just for consistency with the name of previous years).
  2. This tournament style is a double elimination bracket.
  3. Players will be seeded by global rank.
  4. The tournament is limited to the first 32 entrants that sign up.
  5. Poor attitude with other players/tournament staff will result in disqualification (Same goes for staff members).
* Tournament is also open to residents of Aus/NZ/Malay who are living abroad - Please contact one of the staff members in this case.

Match Rules
  1. 1 on 1 Taiko match; highest score wins.
  2. Scoring will be calculated via ScoreV2.
  3. The map pool contains 4 NM, 2 HD, 2 HR, 3 DT, 3 FM & 1 TB.
    >Free Mod consists of HD, HR, HDHR, or NoMod only. No other mods/combinations of mods may be used.
    >>From the Round of 16 onwards, the FM pool will be divided in 2 FM (with above rules) and 1 FM where only HDHR or NoMod are allowed.
  4. You can request to use NC instead of DT, but your opponent must agree to do so.
  5. You are allowed 1 ban per match (which must be used).
  6. You can pick 1 warm-up (sensible length please).
  7. !roll will determine who will pick the first beatmap.
  8. The player with the lowest roll will ban first, followed by the other player.
  9. You have to be on the match on the scheduled time.
  10. You have 10 minutes (Group Stage) / 15 minutes (Every other stage) to attend your match before a win by default is given to the other player.
  11. If both players fail, the player with the highest failed score wins the point.
  12. If the scores are tied, then the beatmap will be played again and no point(s) will be awarded.
    >If there exists two ties in a row on the same beatmap, the map may be nullified and not reused. The user who selected the tied map may pick again.
Tournament Structure
  1. Seeding is based off of the player's rankings; there will be four seed categories and every player will fit into one of these depending on their total Taiko pp compared to the rest of the players. Groups for the Group Stage will be groups of four, where each player is from a different seed category. Please note: this may change depending on the number of participants.
  2. 4 points to win the match in the group stages.
  3. 5 points to win the match in the round of 16 and quarter finals matches.
  4. 6 points to win the match in the semi finals and finals week 1 matches.
  5. 7 points to win the match in the finals week 2 matches.
If the times presented are not optimal, please PM a staff member at least 2 days before the match date. Your opponent must agree to change the date, or not it'll be WBD.
Sparxe
Sign me the h e c c up
raii
!!!!!!!!! yus me
LordAverage
sign me up fam i'm ready to have my ego crushed again
VaeVictis
sign me up
Beat43210
I still got something to prove.
Still got a goal to achieve.
Still got amends to settle (to people idk)
SIGN ME UP. LETS GO
Blobby3000
sign me up i am a big pro gamer oWo
spIyrg
hell yeah, sign me up
Tsubasa2
I understand that by submitting this registration, I’m already a part of the discord server that is on the commentating staff team which I might start to actively participate in because I actually know more taiko than other modes like std,ctb and mania. I respect the people beside me in the staffing team. I almost never say anything on the server and find it unlikely to break any rules. I will attend every match appointed but more than likely juggle 3 other tournaments and reschedule my matches often and risk facing possible repercussions if I fail to juggle properly.
Cactie

Tsubasa2 wrote:

I understand that by submitting this registration, I’m already a part of the discord server that is on the commentating staff team which I might start to actively participate in because I actually know more taiko than other modes like std,ctb and mania. I respect the people beside me in the staffing team. I almost never say anything on the server and find it unlikely to break any rules. I will attend every match appointed but more than likely juggle 3 other tournaments and reschedule my matches often and risk facing possible repercussions if I fail to juggle properly.

[Zeth]
Sign me up fam I'm all in
Probably will bring a few bois from the o!malaysian Taiko side so be ready for the invasion :^)
KWYJIBO
ausctb come back when
Topic Starter
Jaye

KWYJIBO wrote:

ausctb come back when
Don't ask me... If you want a return then get some people from the Ausu server to do something.
loveleft
sign me up please c:
frogrocks
Im rusty AF but im in
CrabCow
Sign me up please!
Great to hear that last year wasn't the last year for Ausu!Taiko as it was my most memorable tourney.
Thanks to the Staff for placing effort into organising this tourney.
Also ty Zeth for invite owo
Voiie
Sign me up
[ LauThaiMing ]
Sign me up.
Admirable
Sign me up fam
Bedwyr Aorta
Sign me up

Malaysian invasion! (≧∇≦)
show more