forum

[Archived] Osu weird random error

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
ChrisS3097
Before I restarted my pc osu ran just fine all day , then suddenly I get this message when I try opening it :
System.ArgumentException: Illegal characters in path.
at System.IO.Path.CheckInvalidPathChars(String path, Boolean checkAdditional)
at System.IO.Path.Combine(String path1, String path2)
at #=zaftuwgamOJecemWV_vEbFJuQ$pOeMfcT181_2ddmMMY$.#=zkt4JJ6DmVm43$Sdw2Q==()
at #=zw2kIpagqbh0AcVC1$FglXwrwOD4FL5JyVVXGxQKosFBXVnWeqw==.#=zqlB7RhE=.#=zvu18QNa3rLRKRWNXxO_s8xk=(#=zaftuwgamOJecemWV_vEbFJuQ$pOeMfcT181_2ddmMMY$ #=zSYTVmLk=)
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.FindAll(Predicate`1 match)
at #=zw2kIpagqbh0AcVC1$FglXwrwOD4FL5JyVVXGxQKosFBXVnWeqw==.#=zzUEsr7gXT8Jp()
at #=zw2kIpagqbh0AcVC1$FglXwrwOD4FL5JyVVXGxQKosFBXVnWeqw==.#=zHuWysN4=()
at #=zw2kIpagqbh0AcVC1$FglXwrwOD4FL5JyVVXGxQKosFBXVnWeqw==.#=zZrWutQY=(Boolean #=zW0EBrg8=)
at #=zlD545nBxX3AkG4YE3w==.#=zZrWutQY=()
at #=zgFSZyr5_8jRJK90edQ==.#=z47N7Ot8=()
at #=zFp2eV$oBZ0RRlWaAaQ==.#=z2s42DZu6OGgn(String #=zW2bbj0oB8Ok_, Boolean #=zLryRJ2Rvju1qxVI6knJ2rKw=, Boolean #=zVlRoJ4xMRW24J$5moQ==)

modrei_DELETED

Death wrote:

Try moving the file "osu!.db" outside your osu! folder. Just a note, this will mark all of your beatmaps as unplayed.

If that does not work, here is a list of the illegal Windows file name characters:
\ / : * ? " < > |

First, make sure none of these characters are in your path to osu!

Open your Songs folder and make sure none of those characters are in any of the individual song folders, including the files inside them. Do the same thing for your Skins folder.

If you have a lot of songs and skins, check your newest files first. Specifically, any you can remember importing the last time you were able to run osu! without issues.
Topic Starter
ChrisS3097

modrei wrote:

Death wrote:

Try moving the file "osu!.db" outside your osu! folder. Just a note, this will mark all of your beatmaps as unplayed.

If that does not work, here is a list of the illegal Windows file name characters:

Open your Songs folder and make sure none of those characters are in any of the individual song folders, including the files inside them. Do the same thing for your Skins folder.

If you have a lot of songs and skins, check your newest files first. Specifically, any you can remember importing the last time you were able to run osu! without issues.
I did everything you said and it still says the same thing :(
Doge Owner
If that doesn't work, I would recommend you to move your beatmaps/skins/chatlog/replays and everything that you need somewhere else and reinstall osu! then move your new files back.
oJoey

modrei wrote:

Death wrote:

moving "Osu!.db" worked for me thanks
Andrea

L3gEnDaRy97 wrote:

I did everything you said and it still says the same thing :(
Did you properly check the illegal characters on Windows for your osu! path?

Use the "search" function for each of these characters and make sure there are none in your osu! folder.

If you're completely sure about that, try moving out temporarily the Songs folder, then see if osu! runs, just as a test.

If you already refreshed the osu!.db that's the only possible cause.