forum

I swear the pp system is broken

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
DXPOHIHIHI
So I almost gained a new top play which is [Peace sign 194pp weighted(175)] and I noticed that it only gave me like 20+ pp

I swear to god im not fucking blind or mistaken anything, I swear the pp system is broken af
RamenBucket
try harder next time
KupcaH
Your brain is broken to understand how pp system works.
Topic Starter
DXPOHIHIHI

KupcaH wrote:

Then please explain it so that my broken brain would understand
ManuelOsuPlayer
Man, if you have 100 plays.
And you set a new play. All the plays under that one, worth less.

1° play worth 100%
2° play worth 95%
3° 90%
4° 86%
5° 81%
6° ...
... ...
Imagine you have 4plays, each one worth 200pp.
1° = Freedom Die 200pp
2° = Black Zenith 190pp
3° = The Small Blue 180pp
4° = Min Control 172pp

Doing four 200pp plays you will get a total amounth of 742pp.

Now you do a new Top play what worth 300pp.
But you don't get up to 1042PP (742pp+ new play 300pp) even being weithed 100%. Because all other plays you have under the new one are going down on the list, so they worth less now.

1° Heaven 300pp (New play)
2° Freedom Die 190pp (Before was 1° play so this was worth 200pp) now 10pp less
3° Black Zenith 180pp (10pp less than before)
4° The Small Blue 172pp (8pp less than before)
5° Min control 162pp (10pp less than before)
You lost 38pp from your other 4 plays)

Total PP = 1004pp
Non weighted PP 1042pp - 38pp lost = 1004pp after being weighted for the system.

Since all maps worth less due to down one possition from the new top play, after you set that 300pp play, you're actually getting +262pp on your profile. Not the 300pp, because all your other scores worth less.

This works this way, because other wise, someone could get rank #1 just setting 15.000 100pp plays. So the player who played more short maps would be the most high on the rankeds. Something what makes no sense if is a system what try to tell how good you're playing, and not how much did you play.

Years ago high ranked playeres where the ones what more score had. What leads into play longest easier ranked maps you can find to don't miss, wake up, play the map, pause, go sleep, wake up continue... No sense.
UnnamedBeast
freedom die
Topic Starter
DXPOHIHIHI
I also gained a top play a few mins ago which I fucking swear I only got like 30 pp
raccoongamer

szkiller wrote:

I also gained a top play a few mins ago which I fucking swear I only got like 30 pp

You got a full goddamn explanation yet you still refuse to even try to read and understand why you are wrong.

KupcaH wrote:

Topic Starter
DXPOHIHIHI

raccoongamer wrote:

szkiller wrote:

You got a full goddamn explanation yet you still refuse to even try to read and understand why you are wrong.

KupcaH wrote:

it's tldr I want a quick explanation
raccoongamer

szkiller wrote:

raccoongamer wrote:

szkiller wrote:

KupcaH wrote:

it's tldr I want a quick explanation

tldr

seriously, your have your score weighted + all your others scores "shift down" hence reducing the weight.
D_Loomz
This guy is still on the forum?
RamenBucket
Tldr the better u are the less pp u get
Topic Starter
DXPOHIHIHI

RamenBucket wrote:

Tldr the better u are the less pp u get

So does that mean im "better" ?

:D
kai99
well i mean if you get like 300pp play maybe then you'll gain like 100pp dont you think?
Topic Starter
DXPOHIHIHI

kai99 wrote:

well i mean if you get like 300pp play maybe then you'll gain like 100pp dont you think?

Yeah, that's happen to me most of the time.
TecSopurtINDIA
You are not gaining that much pp because it was one of your top plays. Because of that, all the other plays below that high weighted play are weighted less witch leads to a small amount of given pp.
show more