[invalid] Make tournaments for noobs and amatuers.

posted
Total Posts
17

Do you agree (w/ me) that there should be tournaments for the newer players?

Yes
31
91.18%
No
3
8.82%
Total votes: 34
Polling ended August 19, 2018 at 11:59:17 AM UTC
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +32
Topic Starter
OsuMagic360
Hello Osu! This is a Random person from the community here.

Alright, so I log in to the Osu! game and see a 4k mania tournament going on. I click the link and saw the Requirements.

It said you have to be in the top 5000! That's a high rank to achieve.

I feel like you could make amateur only (250k-5001 rank) and noob only (500k-250,001 rank) tournaments for all modes so that more players could be in the competitive scene. (You could even lower the prizes to encourage players to practice and become a high rank)

Also Osu! would be a lot more Fun for newer players!


Vote on the poll Yes If you agree to this, or No if you disagree! (Poll is running/ran through 7/26/2018 - 8/19/2018)
abraker
You are welcome to run your own tournament

Tho I have to wonder, is there a guide somewhere on how to get started?
Topic Starter
OsuMagic360

abraker wrote:

You are welcome to run your own tournament

Tho I have to wonder, is there a guide somewhere on how to get started?
I couldn't find any guides...
Remco32

OsuMagic360 wrote:

abraker wrote:

You are welcome to run your own tournament

Tho I have to wonder, is there a guide somewhere on how to get started?
I couldn't find any guides...
Nothing stops you from just hosting a multiplayer lobby and making your own brackets and such.
Worst FL Player

Remco32 wrote:

Nothing stops you from just hosting a multiplayer lobby and making your own brackets and such.
fireball0902

OsuMagic360 wrote:

I feel like you could make amateur only (250k-5001 rank) and noob only (500k-250,001 rank) tournaments for all modes so that more players could be in the competitive scene. (You could even lower the prizes to encourage players to practice and become a high rank)
I feel like most players would get intimidated by the word "Tournament" since most games only allow tournaments to be played by more of the highly skilled players, still think it's a neat idea though!
Topic Starter
OsuMagic360

fireball0902 wrote:

OsuMagic360 wrote:

I feel like you could make amateur only (250k-5001 rank) and noob only (500k-250,001 rank) tournaments for all modes so that more players could be in the competitive scene. (You could even lower the prizes to encourage players to practice and become a high rank)
I feel like most players would get intimidated by the word "Tournament" since most games only allow tournaments to be played by more of the highly skilled players, still think it's a neat idea though!
I understand that completely. Also sorry I couldn't reply, didn't have WiFi. (also, I won't have WiFi for a while, but I should have WiFi by 8/7/2018 (this upcoming Tuesday). Also thanks for the idea Remco32.
Eraser
there are a decent amount of amateur tournaments in 55
i don't agree there should be an official one though
Topic Starter
OsuMagic360

Eraser wrote:

there are a decent amount of amateur tournaments in https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/55
i don't agree there should be an official one though
Okay.
Edgar_Figaro
There are actually tournaments geared towards lower ranked players. For instance I’ve helped out with the Beginners Taiko Tournament which has had 3 seasons now. I know I’ve seen them for Mania and Lots for Standard. Although a beginners CTB tournament I don’t remember ever seeing.
Topic Starter
OsuMagic360

Edgar_Figaro wrote:

There are actually tournaments geared towards lower ranked players. For instance I’ve helped out with the Beginners Taiko Tournament which has had 3 seasons now. I know I’ve seen them for Mania and Lots for Standard. Although a beginners CTB tournament I don’t remember ever seeing.
Were they official tournaments or tournaments made in the multiplayer lobby?
Or were they hosted in https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/55
HonnerOSU
I kind of agree and don't agree i do agree with you that people should host more tournament in a more far rank range but i don't agree that there should be official tournament for beginners or any sort of gain from it, Tournament for beginners should be only for fun and to make more friends not to win something, But yeah more people should host beginner tournament i doubt they will although.
Kiwyi
I am pretty bad at osu (i'm getting better), but I agree with this. In the multiplayer lobby everyone is amazing at osu, then there's me. I cant find a multiplayer tournament that's not hard. and i have no friends on osu, so i never get anyone in my tournament when i host one.
Topic Starter
OsuMagic360

HonnerOSU wrote:

I kind of agree and don't agree i do agree with you that people should host more tournament in a more far rank range but i don't agree that there should be official tournament for beginners or any sort of gain from it, Tournament for beginners should be only for fun and to make more friends not to win something, But yeah more people should host beginner tournament i doubt they will although.
I can agree with that, saying that a person wouldn't need as much skill to gain a prize. It makes sense to me.



Kiwyi wrote:

I am pretty bad at osu (i'm getting better), but I agree with this. In the multiplayer lobby everyone is amazing at osu, then there's me. I cant find a multiplayer tournament that's not hard. and i have no friends on osu, so i never get anyone in my tournament when i host one.
This was my main reasoning behind making this thread. Also, you might have to wait a bit, also use maps from when players start Osu! so that more players (like me, that check the 'Hide Un-Downloaded beatmaps' (or whatever its called)) can join w/out having to download anything.
dellar68
good idea
Flanster

RingSystem wrote:

Remco32 wrote:

Nothing stops you from just hosting a multiplayer lobby and making your own brackets and such.
This. Community driven tournaments are a thing.
Dntm8kmeeatu
Like said before, there are plenty of community hosted tournaments for lower skilled players.

Running osu! world cup for all game modes every year is already extremely demanding, work intensive, and time intensive. Making official tournaments for lower ranked users (or any other tournaments in general) is just not possible or a good idea.

We give Tourney client access and the tools for people to make their own tournaments so people can do and have all sorts of fun competitions with little overhead and oversight from us; because if we didn't, it wouldn't be possible.
Please sign in to reply.

New reply