forum

Jumps: I'm now suicidal

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Darud3
Basically, I started playing around a week ago and got up the map difficulties kind fast. I can confidently do 4.5* maps at the moment, with some higher ones being doable for me. I'm trying to break through to 5* and absolutely cannot do jumps. Any other part of Osu is fine for me. I can stream perfectly fine, as well as any other parts of this game. Literally just jumps. I can't do them for my life. I'm currently trying to practice them on Cold Green Eyes 5.13*, Inferno 5.54*, and Everything Will Freeze 5.4*. I rarely get past the beginnings of them because of the jumps, and when I do, I'm perfectly fine until another jump section comes around. I know for a fact that if I was able to hit them I'd have no problem with most maps a little past my current skill level. I'm on an 800DPI mouse with 1.8x sens. Does anybody have any maps that have medium-sized jumps at higher speeds? Whenever I looked before, people only said to "practice any 4-5* map" which doesn't exactly help. I understand that I need more time ingame, but I just need a way to get better at jumps.
ManuelOsuPlayer
Use follow points to get used to travel shorter distances.
Topic Starter
Darud3

ManuelOsuPlayer wrote:

Not sure what they are. If you mean the lines between circles that show you where the next one shows up, I'm already trying to look at those for weird patterns and stuff.
Rynnavinx
bro, you're like #860k with 15 hours. I really don't think anyone expects you to be able to do any of those songs well.

Honestly, if I were you, I'd focus a bit more on easier songs around like 3* and doing well on them rather than just passing harder songs. Personally, I would practice more on songs that are too hard to full combo, but easy enough that its possible to get an A rank.

Anyways, most of my earlier practice in jumps was practicing slower/smaller jumps until i could hit most, or sometimes even all of them in a song and gradually playing harder ones. Most tv size anime songs are full of jumps, though those usually only start showing up more at 4.0*
PinkNightmares
play more
NightNarumi
Why can’t you do jumps?
Because you can’t play 4* and higher
Play 2* please and build your way from there
MrGarebear2000
Yeah just play easier maps...
ManuelOsuPlayer

Darud3 wrote:

ManuelOsuPlayer wrote:

Not sure what they are. If you mean the lines between circles that show you where the next one shows up, I'm already trying to look at those for weird patterns and stuff.
Follow them with cursor. Practice.
Topic Starter
Darud3

Radiant Rayv wrote:

bro, you're like #860k with 15 hours. I really don't think anyone expects you to be able to do any of those songs well.

Honestly, if I were you, I'd focus a bit more on easier songs around like 3* and doing well on them rather than just passing harder songs. Personally, I would practice more on songs that are too hard to full combo, but easy enough that its possible to get an A rank.

Anyways, most of my earlier practice in jumps was practicing slower/smaller jumps until i could hit most, or sometimes even all of them in a song and gradually playing harder ones. Most tv size anime songs are full of jumps, though those usually only start showing up more at 4.0*

How I usually try and play is by trying random maps that I know I'll struggle with to try and get used to them. That's also why i have such low PP, because I rarely go back and finish maps, which I should probably start doing.

NightNarumi wrote:

Why can’t you do jumps?
Because you can’t play 4* and higher
Play 2* please and build your way from there

I can do most medium length 4* just fine. Only problems I have are the really short ones with low HP that fail you if you miss a note or two.
Houtarou Oreki
Only 2 S ranks in your top 25 plays.. S ranks should be a majority or you're either doing something wrong or can't yet play the game properly and need to play more. Either way go get more S ranks on lower diff maps.
Juuuuuuuuul

Darud3 wrote:

I can do most medium length 4* just fine.
imo C and B is not fine, it's surviving.
fill your top 50 with 2* S, then 3* S, then go for 4*
UnnamedBeast
D,C and low B's are surviving. Close to 90% B's aren't
worst fl player

B1oody wrote:

play more
jungjushee
Definitely FC easier songs first. Don't just jump 4.5* because you can pass them. The skill comes in from FCs and not just passing. By slowly getting better at 2*, 3*, then 4*, you'll be more equipped to handle whats at the next difficulty setting.
Israfil
believe me 3*4* is really impotent as the base
I played in such mode like u before, the one thing i thought is to pass the 5 or 6 stars and get pp
it improve quickly, maybe now i can fc the some ordinary 5 stars map as a high acc
but you can never image that when i play 4 stars i can only get about 85acc; or some map changed the speed, 100 or 50 raised frequently.
It's terrible to get used to one range of speed.
JakeTheGinge6
Lol i found streams hard to do first, jumps were the easy thing for me
show more