forum

Please change Taiko default skin's taiko-bar-right-glow

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +5
Topic Starter
DeletedUser_1981781
Please, change taiko-bar-right-glow.png to anything less contrasting and damaging for our eyes.

Default skin is good enough to play taiko but the fact kiai toggles the current vivid pink taiko-bar-right-glow.png is pretty annoying.

Notice it is a lot brighter than Taiko no Tatsujin's Go-Go Time lane, and also it is horizontally inverted, as the brighter part is located near the judgement line in osu!taiko making it difficult to read.

Since this is pretty easy to achieve I hope my request is taken in consideration. (I am not even sure if this is the right place to ask for it, though)
Topic Starter
DeletedUser_1981781
Please?
Hickacou
get a skin with only a modified taiko-bar-right-glow.png
Topic Starter
DeletedUser_1981781

Hickacou wrote:

get a skin with only a modified taiko-bar-right-glow.png
Are you for real? lol... If I didn't know that was possible I wouldn't even know what is the filename of the specific part of the skin that has to be changed :roll:

And no, custom skins are never a solution because the main issue here is that the default is extremely flashy and causes eye strain.

Still waiting... :?
RockRoller

ARGENTINE DREAM wrote:

Still waiting... :?

It very unlickly that this request will do anything. The last change to the default skin is ages ago. Just use a custom skin. You may find that it is to distracting, but others may like it. You will never be able to have a skin that everyone is satisfied with. Someone will always have an oppinion that is against e.g. certain designs.
Kiwyi
why don't you just turn down the brightness on your computer?
RockRoller

Kiwyi wrote:

why don't you just turn down the brightness on your computer?

Because then everything else would be to dark?
Flanster
Skinning exists for a reason. Don't like it? Replace it.
Topic Starter
DeletedUser_1981781
There is an issue with a default skin being too eye-straining, it needs to be fixed, I have never used default skin to be honest, but I noticed kiai sections are almost unplayable with default skin, which, guess what? It is what beginners use to play!
I never stated that """"I""""" didn't """"like"""""" it, I think it is a problem for new players, it is a problem with the game. Come on, it's just changing the dim from a file and improving the experience of people who don't know/can't download or make custom skins.
abraker

ARGENTINE DREAM wrote:

Hickacou wrote:

the main issue here is that the default is extremely flashy and causes eye strain.
You can skin out the flashy-ness. I changed my lane to be black all the time:

taiko-bar-right.png: https://i.imgur.com/R58LsM8.png
taiko-bar-right-glow.png: https://i.imgur.com/35kfUiW.png

^ rename the files to have the names I provided on the left and put these into your skin.ini folder. If you don't see ".png" at the end of the name of the image you downloaded, then ignore it when renaming the file.

For reference, here is the entire list of what is skinnable: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
Topic Starter
DeletedUser_1981781
No. My request was pretty concise and understandable: "Please change Taiko default skin's taiko-bar-right-glow" .

If you can't do anything about it please don't reply, I appreciate the fact you are trying to help, but it has nothing to do with what I was asking for:
I'm willing for someone in the osu!staff to check this out.
abraker
If it makes you feel any better, osu!lazer has revamped UI and taiko stuff: