forum

The Newbie Mapping Guild (Not just for standard)!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
elke_

The discord server dedicated to helping newer mappers learn how to map from themselves and experienced mappers!

The Newbie Mapping Guild's goal is to help newer mappers through enjoying themselves; things like testplays, mods and gd's are things I see happening frequently and things that work towards our goal. Although it seems like it, our server isn't just for standard. We accept mappers from all modes and we are currently looking for more people that map mania to accompany our current mania mappers. We would like people that map different modes to enjoy the server as well as everyone that maps standard. If you would like help with something mapping related or a mod/testplay/gd feel free to ask in the related channel~ ٩(。^▽^。)۶

Fortnightly, we will be holding mapping weekends!

1. Mapping Weekend is an opportunity for newer (and not so newer) mappers to get their maps modded in detail by an experienced mapper (Group Coach). They will lead discussions and give useful feedback to help you develop as a mapper.

1. You will first sign up using the latest signup sheet (posted in #mapping-weekend-announcements on the server),
  2. You will be sorted into groups based on the genre preference (s) you choose.
  3. A pre-timed .osz file will be in the #osz channel using the song which your Group Coach has chosen.
  4. Mapping Weekend starts every other Friday at 22:00 GMT (UTC+0). You must map it within 48 hours. Submissions should go directly to your Group Mentor's DM's (If not submitted by then, automatic disqualification occurs).
  5. Me and Xing will be your hosts (mainly Xing <3)~ will be reminding you of how much time you have left and that Mapping Weekend has started!
  6. After your mapping period ends, your Group Mentor will give you detailed feedback on your maps.

Our Wonderful Staff Are Here:

Me lol (Owner of the server~)
J1_
Xing
Xiqingwa
-Surprise-
-Jordan-
Celektus
MakiDonalds
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET
Dojikkoffee
Well.
Dialect
wait if you say it can be anything, will it be pomf pomf?
Topic Starter
elke_

MinNin wrote:

wait if you say it can be anything, will it be pomf pomf?

I mean if you want to get the FBI knocking on your door than sure(and if no one in your group disagrees).
Dialect

AForAsterisks wrote:

I mean if you want to get the FBI knocking on your door than sure(and if no one in your group disagrees).

or hentai by s3rl?
Topic Starter
elke_
More details about mapping night are in #announcements on our Discord server!
nextplay
Cool Idea! But I think you should mention what specifically a new mapper is for you. For some People I would still count as a new mapper even I have Ranked Maps
Dialect
this will be locked ik it
Topic Starter
elke_

nextplay wrote:

Cool Idea! But I think you should mention what specifically a new mapper is for you. For some People I would still count as a new mapper even I have Ranked Maps

5 Days late reply, sorry. If you consider yourself to be a new mapper, feel free to join. It's dependant on the person joining. We also are in need of more experienced mappers! So if that's you, you can still join!
Fu Xuan
w
Topic Starter
elke_
ww
Topic Starter
elke_
J1_
Lit
Scioness
Instead of saying "not just for standard", can you explain what modes are actually supported?
Enzie
This would be a great help for me.
Topic Starter
elke_

Scioness wrote:

Instead of saying "not just for standard", can you explain what modes are actually supported?

Sure! I will be updating the post with this but we are looking for all mode mappers.
EveryFT
As new can it literally mean "new" as in a few months into mapping? lol
huu

EveryFT wrote:

As new can it literally mean "new" as in a few months into mapping? lol

Not necessarily. I'd say "inexperienced" would be the better term to use. I've been mapping for 3 years (on and off) and I consider myself to be pretty garbage and still consider myself "new". Get what I'm saying?

Furthermore, you don't need to be a new/inexperienced mapper to join. Anybody is welcome.
Topic Starter
elke_
reviving post cause mapping weekend changed
Cami
o7
cerule
o7
Drimm
o7
trindomeer
o7

I don't even know what it means but something clearly happened
HugeMan
Not sure if dead or not but invite link isn't working, biggie rip
Topic Starter
elke_
Hi, to clarify, someone got perms and nuked the server lol?? so we've rebuilt it (they deleted invites so i'm updating the forum post now :>
Akeruyri
Oh thats what happened lol
Skidooskei
this is epic
show more