forum

Any tips for full alternating

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
BlazePlaizu
I have been alternating for the whole time I’ve been playing osu, but as I’m starting to play 7 & 8 star maps, I’m having problems hitting triple stacked jumps or triple stacks in between jumps, I’ve recently found out that this is because I fake alternate, where I always start a stack with the same key, which is quite bad and makes it impossible for me to play some maps. I’ve been trying to full alternate, but I’m finding it very hard as I’ve been fake alternating for as long as I’ve been playing. If you have any tips or anything that could help for going to full alternate from fake alternate, they would be much appreciated.
Thank you!
lewski
play easier and slower maps and pay a lot of attention to full alting
zoklev
practice the zxz xzx pattern 24/7 even when you're not playing osu, just tap on a desk or something
NightNarumi
B
kai99
7-8 star what a genius
play more tech maps around the range of 4.7-5.3 stars and you'll eventually learn it
Syneergy
If you want to become really good at full alternating.

You want to take it slow, because consistency is a key to become a success!

So, as from start play really slow maps and keep alternating fingers and try to get the same number of keys pressed on 2 separate keys!

Once, you get better at slow songs, increase the speed by a little bit. and repeat the same thing and practice over and over. and repeat all the things i said!

Eventually, you will become better and faster and your finger control will be consistent.
UnnamedBeast

BlazePlaizu wrote:

I have been alternating for the whole time I’ve been playing osu, but as I’m starting to play 7 & 8 star maps, I’m having problems hitting triple stacked jumps or triple stacks in between jumps, I’ve recently found out that this is because I fake alternate, where I always start a stack with the same key, which is quite bad and makes it impossible for me to play some maps. I’ve been trying to full alternate, but I’m finding it very hard as I’ve been fake alternating for as long as I’ve been playing. If you have any tips or anything that could help for going to full alternate from fake alternate, they would be much appreciated.
Thank you!
What I personally did was I'd play 2* maps and slowly increase difficulty, and in alternating I put one finger on the key, and I wouldn't let go of the key, and when I saw another note, I'd release that key and tap the other, and I'd do that everytime, kinda like clockwork, X, Z, X, Z, X, Z
show more