posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Dumbn00b
;(
im stuck at 6 digits
im #170k
and rank up is really hard because
on average i got 50 - 60 pp and that is not weighted (i see through pp counter)
so i rank up so slow
i gain like 100 - 400 per play
also when i got 30-40 pp (not weighted)i gain 20 - 30 rank
when i try playing multi and join a newbie server that play 1*
i got 7 pp and i gain 20 rank too!!!woht??

i play 4*
im new to 5* (finishing a 5* map only give me 30 - 40 pp because im new to 5*)
i play without mods

can i actually be 5 digits if i only play 4* ?
or should i learn playing with hidden mod in 4* ?
or should i play 5* ?

*srry for my bad English
KupcaH
Yes, you can get up to 200pp plays from high 4* long maps.
With HD or without, doesn't really matter.
You can play 5* from time to time, but mostly focus on 4* maps.

Also, work on your accuracy.
ADelicateOrange
Hypothetically, you could be 5 digits, if you made your top 50 plays all 99% FCs. However, what you need to learn is that As, Bs, and Cs aren't good enough. You need FCs with good Acc, and a high enough star rating (4.5+ from what I remember.
mulraf
theoretically maybe you could even be 4 digit with 4* maps + hd. i mean i'm not far from 4 digits and https://osu.ppy.sh/b/1103965 with hd ss would give more pp than my highest play (284 while my highest is only 243). https://osu.ppy.sh/b/53554 + hd would give 274 on ss.
just saying, theoretically it's probably possible.
M1kh4
wow
Deva
You can get some serious pp from 4* maps but lets be real, if you can FC those with good acc it's very likely you can FC 5*'s or maybe even 6*'s so why even bother if your main goal is pp/ranks?
Juuuuuuuuul
In my opinion, people care too much about performances, the main goal should be the fun, and pp/rank will come as a bonus.
i reached 2000 pp with near only 3* plays and not caring about performances, just playing for music/fun, i think going to 5 digits by playing 4* is possible.
Tad Fibonacci
You care too much about rankings. Just play the game normally and you'll gradually improve.
And yes, you can play 4 stars maps to get to 5 digits. I got to 5 digits just from playing 4 stars maps.
Work on your accuracy, have a relatively high standard to your plays and don't just spam jump maps but also play other types of maps and you'll improve.
im flat

Juuuuuuuuul wrote:

In my opinion, people care too much about performances, the main goal should be the fun, and pp/rank will come as a bonus.
i reached 2000 pp with near only 3* plays and not caring about performances, just playing for music/fun, i think going to 5 digits by playing 4* is possible.

ofc its possible lmao
Feylos
If you REALLY want to be a 5 digit, start aiming for consistency, and being able to fc stuff... but play for fun. Chasing self improvement is great and all, but it's an easy way to get stressed when you inevitably end up sucking at the game. I pretty much fc'd a song, but 2 seconds before the end fucked up a short stream and failed. Don't think I've ever thrown my tablet pen before that.
Anyway just don't expect to make 5 digit that quick. The cutoff is roughly 2500pp for 5 digit players iirc.
mr wasabi
Honestly I'd just play more maps in my comfort range, if you can beat a lot of 4* maps with good acc ~96%+ you can just play them a lot and try to improve on the accuracy and consistency which will help you a lot in harder maps.

Can always go for a mod score like hd or hdhr if you feel comfortable with a map to get some extra pp.
OneTrueDuceOK
You can get 5 digits from 4* but it's gonna be hard
Depends on you, u can learn 4*
Yes, play 5* and get gid at it. From my experience, it's easier to just set my comfort range at 5* and then get 5 digits then trying to get 5 digits at 4*s. 5* rewards much more pp if you can comfortably play it. You might think "5* is too hard I will do it later after getting 5 digits" but no! Start on 5* right now and you get to 5* range and 5 digits faster.

Or... you can just STOP CARING ABOUT PP OR 5 DIGIT SHIT BECAUSE THEY DONT REPRESENT YOUR EXACT SKILL! Focus on improving than pp
blanx

Dumbn00b wrote:

;(
im stuck at 6 digits
im #170k
and rank up is really hard because
on average i got 50 - 60 pp and that is not weighted (i see through pp counter)
so i rank up so slow
i gain like 100 - 400 per play
also when i got 30-40 pp (not weighted)i gain 20 - 30 rank
when i try playing multi and join a newbie server that play 1*
i got 7 pp and i gain 20 rank too!!!woht??

i play 4*
im new to 5* (finishing a 5* map only give me 30 - 40 pp because im new to 5*)
i play without mods

can i actually be 5 digits if i only play 4* ?
or should i learn playing with hidden mod in 4* ?
or should i play 5* ?

*srry for my bad English

Try to be more active
im flat

OneTrueDuceOK wrote:

You can get 5 digits from 4* but it's gonna be hard
Depends on you, u can learn 4*
Yes, play 5* and get gid at it. From my experience, it's easier to just set my comfort range at 5* and then get 5 digits then trying to get 5 digits at 4*s. 5* rewards much more pp if you can comfortably play it. You might think "5* is too hard I will do it later after getting 5 digits" but no! Start on 5* right now and you get to 5* range and 5 digits faster.

Or... you can just STOP CARING ABOUT PP OR 5 DIGIT SHIT BECAUSE THEY DONT REPRESENT YOUR EXACT SKILL! Focus on improving than pp

farming 4* until 5 digits isn't hard if u can acc lol
just farm 100pp from 4* with 99% and ur set
Fammerino
honestly why does everyone care so much about rank if they are far from top 1k? i dont get it, isn't having fun more important? i dont see the fun in tryharding 4-5* and fc'ing shit thats slower than my grandma without limbs, i have shit acc, a shit rank and i have loads of fun playing high diff maps and dt'ing ^^
mulraf

Fammerino wrote:

honestly why does everyone care so much about rank if they are far from top 1k? i dont get it, isn't having fun more important? i dont see the fun in tryharding 4-5* and fc'ing shit thats slower than my grandma without limbs, i have shit acc, a shit rank and i have loads of fun playing high diff maps and dt'ing ^^

tbh i think it's relaxing to just click a few circles to the slow beat from time to time too owo but to each his own. also i had fun when i used to farm pp too, idk it's nice having an achievement and making it come true :D doesn't need to be pp, i like farming for medals tbh even though i know no one cares about them. i just always feel like i've achieved something when i get a new one which is fun for me :3 and they are also very diversified :3
Justified

Fammerino wrote:

Welcome to osu!
tomonosu
Rankings are not everything in this game but id be happy to help you out if you like! you can add my discord on my profile.
frapik_old
what rank can i be 5 digit
lewski
"5 digit" means that your rank has five digits. According to mathematics, the largest five-digit decimal integer is 99999 while the smallest is 10000. From this information, we can deduce that your rank needs to be greater than or equal to 99999 and less than or equal to 10000 for you to be called a 5-digit. But wait, there's more! This also tells us that it's not cool to post in an old thread.
show more