forum

OSU SKIN RANDOMIZER (WIP)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
JustTobby
Hello :)
I made a simple tool, that grabs random files from your existing skins and makes a new one out of it!

(I didnt find a topic that fits this case)

If anyones interrested in the code, take a look at: https://github.com/realTobby/OsuSkinRandomizer

DOWNLOAD HERE: https://github.com/realTobby/OsuSkinRandomizer/releases

I would appreciate feedback and I am interrested in what you guys think about this.
Thanks!
Have a great day :)
h3oCharles
*proceeds to download the entire completed skin compendium*

does it also search for subfolders?
Rhyth8
Nice work on this program. I made some awesome garbage with it, and I'd like to see a few more features if possible. Maybe the option to exclude certain folders? Or maybe the option to group some objects to be both from the same skin, for example, hit circle and overlay. Still, this is awesome.
Topic Starter
JustTobby

h3oCharles wrote:

*proceeds to download the entire completed skin compendium*

does it also search for subfolders?

Yes it includes all sub-folders of the osu/skins/ - folder

Rhyth8 wrote:

Nice work on this program. I made some awesome garbage with it, and I'd like to see a few more features if possible. Maybe the option to exclude certain folders? Or maybe the option to group some objects to be both from the same skin, for example, hit circle and overlay. Still, this is awesome.

Thanks! Yes I can implement that. Will see what time tells :V
tayon_
Does This Work For Mac?
jdkeke4
how do I get this to work because its not working for me
Asae-chan
Ca ne me crée pas de nouveau skin sa me crée juste un dossier
XisK
buenisimo loco
[-Naoki-]
I can't find the carpet where is all my skins help
Chr0ma
the skin randomizer wont make a new randomizer pls help
Aadi-A

[-Naoki-] wrote:

I can't find the carpet where is all my skins help

Usually osu! sets the folder for everything in AppData (which is hidden by default). On your desktop you can right click on the osu! icon and select "open file location" from the drop down menu.
jaroddjgamer
cool
Dannythedanman
It doesn't work for me, it keeps giving me an error and crashes. Help it looks really cool.
Alex00super
Actually pretty good for getting skin ideas, gj
FaboX25
It's not working for me. I did all the steps correctly and it keeps saying "Done" but nothing happens
doram
Windows blocking this file this file real have viruses or not?
Studio Rage osu

Doramis wrote:

Windows blocking this file this file real have viruses or not?[/qu

[quote="Doramis"]Windows blocking this file this file real have viruses or not?

Yes me too
Topic Starter
JustTobby

Studio Rage osu wrote:

Doramis wrote:

Yes me too

Hello, I dont see why Windows would block this application. Can you post what exactly is windows saying?
I am currently working on a new Version of the SkinRandomizer. Maybe this will fix it for you :)
klenoringer
so this osu randomizer doesn't work with 400 skins.
-ruubi-

HeeeHeee wrote:

Studio Rage osu wrote:

Doramis wrote:

Yes me too

Hello, I dont see why Windows would block this application. Can you post what exactly is windows saying?
I am currently working on a new Version of the SkinRandomizer. Maybe this will fix it for you :)

For me, it said "Windows defended your computer against a potential threat' and justified that saying the application was from an unknown publisher. I had already run it through VirusTotal and Malwarebytes so I overrode Windows on that one and ran it anyway.
are5k
am trying to generate all my skins but when i do it its just default skin for osu in the random skin how to make it work
Tatchibana0
how do i find appdata?
Redo_

Tatchibana0 wrote:

how do i find appdata?

type %localappdata% in the windows search bar or go to C:\Users\{Username}\AppData\Local
-ruubi-

are5k wrote:

am trying to generate all my skins but when i do it its just default skin for osu in the random skin how to make it work

Before you click 'generate' make sure to check off any boxes for skin elements. If you don't do this, it will just give you the default skin.
Hope it helps!
Topic Starter
JustTobby
Hey guys! I made an Update to the OsuSkinRandomizer! More updates will follow.

What did change?
- The UI changed, I swapped to WPF. One can create cooler looking UIs in the future.
- The Generation/Creation magic (should be more random now?)
- massive visibility changes in the code, so if anyone wanted to look into or help out should be able to now!

I am planning to improve this application more and more with time. I would appreciate Feedback and or even help.

Have a look on the latest release: https://github.com/realTobby/OsuSkinRandomizer/releases/tag/2.0

The main GitHub Page: https://github.com/realTobby/OsuSkinRandomizer

Send me feedback, bugs or feature wishes! I want this application to get better with Time!

You can contact me on Discord: Tobby#6082
Xial
This is so cool
Topic Starter
JustTobby
Hello! Made a small update :)
Minor changes:

- skin.ini file gets randomized now (only in the normal random mode) => corruption mode does not create an ini file yet
- when randomizing your installed skins, it will output a "MIXED-SKINS-CREDITS.txt" which includes every used skin and its author (when the skin.ini of the skin was correctly filled)
- the way the skin get randomized now takes less resources, before it read every file inside the skin folder, now it only looks for specific files which is more resource friendly

More updates to come!

Thanks to everyone who uses this apllication, you are awesome! :)

Happy Randomizing!

https://github.com/realTobby/OsuSkinRandomizer/releases
Latest version: 2.1
show more