forum

Halp. How to jump better. :c

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Joof
KWELL. I have this problem of making my jumps too "smooth" although I can still get them on time, but when they're in like a line or something (circle pattern, I don't know what these are called. >< ), I tend to just smooth through the whole thing and miss a few, lol. So I was wondering if it was better if I were to use "sharper" jumps, and how would I help that D: .
Aoko
Just move your mouse cursor/tablet cursor runabout and it will be making good jumps.
Seriously, I do this.
Topic Starter
Joof
Runabout? What do you mean?
palion
try playing higher ar?
Topic Starter
Joof
Well... I could try that, any maps that come to mind?
Aoko
I don't mean runabout the vehicle but runabout - wild. Let your mouse cursor/tablet cursor run wild on the song's hit circles. Randomly clicking. There! You passed. But, your already pro... >:o
Wishy
It's hard to explain, but concentrating visually ONLY in the hit you gotta hit next helps A LOT on jumps. It's quite hard to do that since you need fast reflexes so you can "jump" your focused vision from that hit to the next one FAST, but if you get to do it naturally it'll help a lot. That's how I get good jumps, still got problems doing that since I always end up looking at the whole pattern and therefore missing.
CXu
It's as Wishy said a good idea to focus on each individual circle you're trying to hit. If you're able to still focus at the pattern as a whole at the same time, then all the better. This is why some jump patterns are way easier with higher AR; you don't get to see the whole pattern. If you're able to move your cursor in a very controlled and smooth manner, then sure, do that, but it's probably easier to just snap to each note.
higurush
emonite
CXu
Actually, if you want to get better at patterned jumps at lower ar, go play masterpiece. It's probably going to improve your general cursor control as well.
hinamizawan
don't forget airman, it also has crazy jumps to practice
higurush

emonite wrote:

Thank you for providing this maps. :)
You're welcome! ^^

CXu wrote:

Actually, if you want to get better at patterned jumps at lower ar, go play masterpiece. It's probably going to improve your general cursor control as well.
This!: Hommarju feat. Latte - masterpiece [Insane]

makkura wrote:

don't forget airman, it also has crazy jumps to practice
That's not for beginners if you mean this:

Team Nekokan - Can't Defeat Airman [Holy Shit! It's Airman!!]
-Athena-
Most important thing to try first is turn off enhance pointer precision in mouse settings in control panel, has helped a lot of people and I recommended it unless you do better with it on.(common sense yes but deserves mentioning)

According to your profile you seem to be doing very well especially with streams so just play what they recommended and be patient :D
kriers

CXu wrote:

Why is it that I still can't fc masterpiece???? :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
those
No,39 and With a Dance Number are not jumpy maps.
-Athena-

those wrote:

Well in some parts they are XD and the overall speed makes the whole map seem jumpy for less experienced players like me orz
Pizzicato
If you are using mouse:

Step 1: turn the "enable precision off"

step 2: lower the sensitivity
Step 3: Get used to it
Step 4: Grind shinxyn maps
Fabi
Bend your knees as much as you can and then JUMP!

This may help too.

PD: Just practice as much as you can, try insane maps with hard jumps. You can start with low bpm maps and then proceed to faster ones.
higurush

those wrote:

have you read this sentance properly?

higurush wrote:

Some very good map that helps with your accuracy, mostly jump maps:
.. maps that help with your accuracy , mostly jump maps.

-A t H e N a- wrote:

Well in some parts they are XD and the overall speed makes the whole map seem jumpy for less experienced players like me orz
The whole map is a contious jump system :D

Fabi wrote:

Bend your knees as much as you can and then JUMP! PD: Just practice as much as you can, try insane maps with hard jumps. You can start with low bpm maps and then proceed to faster ones.
Mythras
play lemon tree!
those

higurush wrote:

those wrote:

have you read this sentance properly?

higurush wrote:

Some very good map that helps with your accuracy, mostly jump maps:
.. maps that help with your accuracy , mostly jump maps.
That doesn't take away the truth from my statement.
higurush

those wrote:

That doesn't take away the truth from my statement.
Lol are you even on a highschool level of English or just an elementary school lvl? O.O

I am saying that those maps are helping with your accuracy. The most of the maps are jump maps. But there are other maps on the list which are not. Ftw. Why do I have explain things in such a long sentance if I could use shorters.

Yayy! International forums. I <3 them! \o/
show more