Grand Thaw - AltMirrorBell [Osu|Taiko]

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
CuNha

Faust wrote:

Hi.

I remember receiving a mod request by PM a couple of weeks ago, now I'll make good on that.

Your notes seem to be off-snapped buut that's just because it's 1/16. Which for some reason, osu! isn't ready to accept yet. (Neither does AIBat, anyway)
I've run through a video of the original BMS chart and gameplay, and I've concluded that the timing maintains the integrity of the original.
I take it you also used a video as reference, because otherwise I think it'd probably be impossible to time this manually.

640x480 BG:

Widescreen HD BG:
I strongly recommend the HD one ! because it's more awesome \(°∀°)ノ
Thanks. I use this :)

Normal:

All clear.

But why isn't anything from - 01:07:040 - to - 01:15:886 - mapped at all ? Awfully wasted.Yes,completed!

Hyper:

- 00:56:820 - Could add a note here, as well as on - 00:57:037 - for some good effect.
Imagine starting off the next few sections off this 3 notes of hard-pressing. Pretty impactful, I feel.fix

- 00:57:564 (2,3) - These two could be converted into a single slider.changed to slider

- 00:57:833 (1,2,3) - There's a consistent stacking going with the triple notes, but the timings all vary, if only slightly.
What I suggest is that you make some small distance between the notes, depending on how fast or slow they are (according to the music).

Take advantage of using the most precise grid snapping to accurately indicate and arrange the notes so it's easy to identify their approaching rate instead of relying solely on complete stacking.

Here's what I did.
If you prefer this over the current one, feel free to change. Do so for the next few similar patterns.

I think it'll fair better as a difficulty since this is only 1 step above your Normal diff, which is supposed to be the easiest of them.
Bridging the level of difficulty between the easiest and toughest is what this Hyper is meant for, and I think what I propose may help better acheive that.hmmm...Variously tried to think, but I think the arrangement of now is clean, it's simple

- 01:03:034 (1,2,3) - Distance needs to be a little bit further away, this.
At this point, I think while it's not hard to hit those notes, I think players can better sense it through the intensity and build up at this point of the song, so giving this larger spacing would be a good idea.fix

- 01:09:347 - Add a note, perhaps ?
Think of it as a small introduction before you gradually link up them up like how you did starting from - 01:11:655 (3,4) - Deleted note from 01:11:847(*゚v゚*)

- 01:36:847 - A note here, maybe.fix

- 01:39:347 (1,2,3) - This section is looking really, really sparse. I honestly think filling it with notes would be good.I fit the piano

Another:

Rather impressive looking, and definitely not beginner-level mapping. Nice job.

- 00:57:564 (4,5) - Again, here. I think it's rather stressful to try to co-ordinate your fingers to do a double after having to carefully manuveur through a stream of 1/6, and then have to tackle a bunch of stacks. Making these 2 into a slider certainly helps ease the transition.

- 00:59:780 (2,3) - Same here.sorry,I want to keep that

- 01:06:443 (5,6,7,8) - Can be beautiful if you slowly spread out the notes as with the music. I was tried

Here's my example:
- 01:14:155 (5) - Please, move this note somewhere else.fix

- 01:15:309 (2) - Same with this one. Unreadable.okay

- 01:15:790 (5) - As for this stack, give it some spacing so it doesn't completely cover the next few notes.fix

- 01:17:424 (1,2,3) - Suggestion for rhythm, since it's more accurate with the instruments:umm..?I tried, but this rhythm I do not know :?

Give it a try !

- 01:19:059 (5) - Better not to have this note covered. How about x:16 y:269 ?fix

- 01:20:213 (2) - Shift this note like how you did for the one above.

- 01:20:886 (1,2,3) - About these 3, I am unsure if you would want to switch the rhythm or maintain it.
If you liked my earlier suggestion regarding the same notes, I guess you could convert these as and the following as well to pair. I tried changing the rhythm from 01:22:424

By then the player would probably be more comfortable with the previous slider/note association, so having a different type of rhythm for the same slider patterns could be weird.

Going more into this, some of the issues I could pick out were due to the extremely note proximity because of the incredible timing on this song.
For most of the double/triple stacks, I could ask you to make some small fixes like giving 1 grid of distance between the 1st, 2nd & 3rd note etc.

- 02:02:040 (1) - Actually, instead of going for the triangle note pattern, you could move this towards the right and do a kick-slider to build up before you unleash the stream party.The arrangement is great,however I want to match to the sound of piano

Here's what I have:
Rest of the map is relatively fine.

Get back to me as soon as possible, and make sure to check through your map properly.
Thanks for MOD >_<
and thanks blissfulyoshi, a nice video :)
Faust
You're welcome.

Alright, just make sure the kiai times on all difficulties except the guest Taiko are consistent with each other. That's about it.

UPDATE: CuNha here has unified the kiai beginnings and ends, and from here on we'll see what another BAT has to say.

Bubbled.
Topic Starter
CuNha

Faust wrote:

You're welcome.

Alright, just make sure the kiai times on all difficulties except the guest Taiko are consistent with each other. That's about it.

UPDATE: cuNha here has unified the kiai beginnings and ends, and from here on we'll see what another BAT has to say.

Bubbled.
Faust thanks!!!!!! :) :)
rrtyui
wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 8-)
Charles445
This map is quite...
strange.

It looks like the map is using the timing from the BMS, but the timing from the BMS is very wasteful as it always increments the BPM by 2.000. The timing could very easily be made simpler.

The song has a lot of changing BPM, which makes the song hard to follow, however the map does nothing to help the player through it.
The spacing during lots of speed changes is the same, making it practically impossible to tell when to speedup or slowdown (and by what amount).
Furthermore, the map isn't lenient about it either, as it has OD 8.

Honestly at this point the map doesn't look like it was meant to be played, it's so unrealistic in its expectations of the player. I think that it could be fixed up to be a lot of fun, as there's a lot of potential for something like this.
Jenny
Normal:

You should consider using more sliders during the BPM-unstable parts or at least long ones so new players won't get totally messed up - currently, it's like a slaughterfest for newbies, meaning likely none will get the map and even nearly play it to it's fullest potential which is a waste.

• 00:11:680 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - these could be replaced with a slider and two circles each, for example (if you arrange it so the slider ends on the proper spot, the BPM change that is)
    00:15:954 (1,2,1,2) - I do not feel like these are 2 "hold"-sounds; it's more a 1-2-1-1 soundpattern here, so if you replaced the second slider with two circles (like earlier example), it'd make more sense as you'd have a pair of sounds on the slider and two singular ones on the circles OR you could use a reverse slider and a circle, letting each slider form a 1-2-1 pattern, emphasizing 1 with start and end and so on; i hope you get my point
    00:32:317 (1) - a bit nazi but nonetheless, you could move this a bit further from 4 so the hitburst doesnt overlap with the slidertrack
    00:32:999 (2) - as with example earlier (00:15:954), it'd feel better with two circles instead (or the alternative version with reverse slider and one circle)
    00:34:022 (3,1,2) - same as last two suggestions
    00:38:454 (1,2) - you could make it a bit more clear that you're using red points here; right now it just feels like a weird straight slider which is not too nice
    00:41:522 (4) - nazi again: this curve could be better
    00:43:568 (4) - ^
    00:46:636 (1,2) - same as with 00:38:454
    00:52:772 (2) - may just be me but i'd like it better if this formed a triangle with 1 and last 3; image in box - the resulting spacing towards next 1 shouldn't be a problem as there is plenty of time between them and so it won't feel weird
    00:53:810 (1,2,3,1) - this is evil for newbies but at least you have a low OD o:

01:19:732 (1,1,1) - I can see where the NCs are placed on but to some people it might feel irritating? just pointing that out
    01:26:655 (2,3) - I suggest replacing these with a reverse slider as the sounds there kinda sound like a 1-2-1 soundpattern, hence belonging together; it feels bad to start the slider on the 2 (weak beat) and end it on a 1 (strong beat), hence why I'm suggesting this o:
    01:38:193 (2) - the overlap with 1 is ugly, you can do that better
    01:40:116 (2,3) - similar as with 01:26:655; the sliders start on weak beats (2) and end on strong ones (1), that feels rhythmically wrong - replace it with circles or smth? (also, I suggest you to start the object placement over at the left as it feels bad to go back to where you just came from [previous 2] and the overlap looks messy; example in the box)
    02:02:424 (1,2,3) - nazi: you can improve these blankets easily with using the new slider algorhythm, just do new sliders (also, I suggest you to use a mirrored version of 1 and replace 3 with it, just feels better with 2 simmetric on the axis like this)
    02:11:655 (1,2,3,4) - these overlaps look bad, move the sliders a bit more so they don't touch each other
    02:16:270 (1) - in order to lead into 2, I suggest to change this slidercurve so it goes downwards again after reaching the reverse arrow; will also solve the too-narrow spacing towards 2 - example (as always) in the box
    02:18:578 (1) - ^
    02:19:732 (2) - you could improve this blanket around 1 like with an earlier example
    02:25:501 (1,2,1,2) - may or may not change these sliders, i think you should (similar as with 00:38:454 and 00:46:636

Will get to the rest later... uhm... well yeah, hoping you see my points o.ô
(On another quick note, I think Hyper should have OD6 at least; 5 is a bit low for a Hyper diff)
Ableh
awesome song O.O
Star~
Jenny
I expect you to selfpop this after giving KD to me and Charles like this.
Topic Starter
CuNha

Charles445 wrote:

This map is quite...
strange.

It looks like the map is using the timing from the BMS, but the timing from the BMS is very wasteful as it always increments the BPM by 2.000. The timing could very easily be made simpler.I want to imitate a real thing as much as possible...

The song has a lot of changing BPM, which makes the song hard to follow, however the map does nothing to help the player through it.
The spacing during lots of speed changes is the same, making it practically impossible to tell when to speedup or slowdown (and by what amount).
Furthermore, the map isn't lenient about it either, as it has OD 8. I have unified dare spacing of the stream. Rather, I think that it is more legible..

Honestly at this point the map doesn't look like it was meant to be played, it's so unrealistic in its expectations of the player. I think that it could be fixed up to be a lot of fun, as there's a lot of potential for something like this.

Jenny wrote:

Normal:

You should consider using more sliders during the BPM-unstable parts or at least long ones so new players won't get totally messed up - currently, it's like a slaughterfest for newbies, meaning likely none will get the map and even nearly play it to it's fullest potential which is a waste.

• 00:11:680 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - these could be replaced with a slider and two circles each, for example (if you arrange it so the slider ends on the proper spot, the BPM change that is)umm...I want to leave this ...
    00:15:954 (1,2,1,2) - I do not feel like these are 2 "hold"-sounds; it's more a 1-2-1-1 soundpattern here, so if you replaced the second slider with two circles (like earlier example), it'd make more sense as you'd have a pair of sounds on the slider and two singular ones on the circles OR you could use a reverse slider and a circle, letting each slider form a 1-2-1 pattern, emphasizing 1 with start and end and so on; i hope you get my pointsorry...no. I tried,but could not be better placed
    00:32:317 (1) - a bit nazi but nonetheless, you could move this a bit further from 4 so the hitburst doesnt overlap with the slidertrack
    00:32:999 (2) - as with example earlier (00:15:954), it'd feel better with two circles instead (or the alternative version with reverse slider and one circle)
    00:34:022 (3,1,2) - same as last two suggestions
    00:38:454 (1,2) - you could make it a bit more clear that you're using red points here; right now it just feels like a weird straight slider which is not too nice
    00:41:522 (4) - nazi again: this curve could be better
    00:43:568 (4) - ^
    00:46:636 (1,2) - same as with 00:38:454
    00:52:772 (2) - may just be me but i'd like it better if this formed a triangle with 1 and last 3; image in box - the resulting spacing towards next 1 shouldn't be a problem as there is plenty of time between them and so it won't feel weird
    00:53:810 (1,2,3,1) - this is evil for newbies but at least you have a low OD o:

01:19:732 (1,1,1) - I can see where the NCs are placed on but to some people it might feel irritating? just pointing that outI think that it's not particularly a problem.

01:26:655 (2,3) - I suggest replacing these with a reverse slider as the sounds there kinda sound like a 1-2-1 soundpattern, hence belonging together; it feels bad to start the slider on the 2 (weak beat) and end it on a 1 (strong beat), hence why I'm suggesting this o:
    01:38:193 (2) - the overlap with 1 is ugly, you can do that better
    01:40:116 (2,3) - similar as with 01:26:655; the sliders start on weak beats (2) and end on strong ones (1), that feels rhythmically wrong - replace it with circles or smth? (also, I suggest you to start the object placement over at the left as it feels bad to go back to where you just came from [previous 2] and the overlap looks messy; example in the box)
    02:02:424 (1,2,3) - nazi: you can improve these blankets easily with using the new slider algorhythm, just do new sliders (also, I suggest you to use a mirrored version of 1 and replace 3 with it, just feels better with 2 simmetric on the axis like this)
    02:11:655 (1,2,3,4) - these overlaps look bad, move the sliders a bit more so they don't touch each other
    02:16:270 (1) - in order to lead into 2, I suggest to change this slidercurve so it goes downwards again after reaching the reverse arrow; will also solve the too-narrow spacing towards 2 - example (as always) in the box
    02:18:578 (1) - ^
    02:19:732 (2) - you could improve this blanket around 1 like with an earlier example
    02:25:501 (1,2,1,2) - may or may not change these sliders, i think you should (similar as with 00:38:454 and 00:46:636

Will get to the rest later... uhm... well yeah, hoping you see my points o.ô
(On another quick note, I think Hyper should have OD6 at least; 5 is a bit low for a Hyper diff)
thanks! almost fixed >.<
and Fixed Another. http://puu.sh/31tNO.jpg 00:35:727

updated :)
Mirage
Why is this not ranked yet
-kevincela-

Maddy wrote:

Sayuki
awesome map, rank this please :3
wonders
bpm is not the mapper's fault, why not rank this?
Zweib
awesome song and beatmap._.
Topic Starter
CuNha
Zweiblovelovelovelove↑
Decipher

Maddy wrote:

Ibuki Suika
TAG add:
InoueDelta
Arstid

:roll:
kisata
this is awesome
Sephibro
osu! is a rhythm game, and what you're trying to map is a song that has 2 "ad libitum" parts with undefined rhythm, which are now mapped in a way that makes them completely unplayable

imo you have 2 choices:

1. make those 2 parts breaks - highly recommended
2. map those parts trying to use spacing in a smart way to make speed changes more intuitive

those 2 parts are almost impossible to FC and completely impossible to SS as they are now
Kyubey
Revived!
encryptik
god map
laport
Drain is a little bit too high for my taste. This map works really well for multiplayer to wake everyone up.
AltMirrorBell
revived :lol:
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.