forum

HP v2

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +2
Topic Starter
Rhyth8
I think the HP system as it stands is a little busted for more intense songs. In EBA/OTO, it works alright. You never have to do streams, so the HP does not fall too fast. With modern Osu maps, there is a problem if the map mostly sliders and or really dense circles. I think it should calculate the average intensity, and give you HP accordingly.
If there is mostly half beats to 120 bpm, then you'd around 100 HP If there is more, like 240 death stream, maybe 400 hp. It will make it more exciting. It could do a better job at recreating those moments in the ds games where you miss a few notes, then you start playing very well. You focus on the beat, get all 300s. You focus on the approach circles, don't misinterpret a note.
I think this should be added with score v2.
abraker

Rhyth8 wrote:

If there is mostly half beats to 120 bpm, then you'd around 100 HP If there is more, like 240 death stream, maybe 400 hp.
what does 100 HP and 400 HP mean?
Topic Starter
Rhyth8

abraker wrote:

Rhyth8 wrote:

If there is mostly half beats to 120 bpm, then you'd around 100 HP If there is more, like 240 death stream, maybe 400 hp.
what does 100 HP and 400 HP mean?

Imagine that each note you miss makes you lose like 5 * hp drain + 1. 400, loosing 25 each would mean if you miss 16 is fail. I think draining and loss will be the same, but you get a higher max HP if you play more intense maps.
abraker
I will have to admit, sliders in osu! are a bit op when it comes to HP.
show more