forum

osu! offline/online synchronization [Denied] [invalid]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Philoslother
I play osu! on my laptop and as I have no wireless at my house :( I play offline the majority of the time. It drives me crazy that osu! doesn't synchronize offline scores with online when I actually do connect to the internet. I have several A's and a handful of S's offline, but I have only gotten one S online so thats all I have according to osu!. Is there anyway to do anything about this?

No smartass comments about getting wireless and such ok?
Stefan

Philoslother wrote:

Denied.
Shit happens if you don't have Internet.
Probably you type a Name at Offline Mode. You know what I want to say.
Topic Starter
Philoslother

TheNutritiousGuy wrote:

Philoslother wrote:

Shit happens if you don't have Internet.
You don't say?
GigaClon
The main problem with this is that people could hack the scores when offline then come online and say hey I have 1337 S's.
Stefan

GigaClon wrote:

The main problem with this is that people could hack the scores when offline then come online and say hey I have 1337 S's.
those
If you can get an S one time, you can get an S a second time.
Topic Starter
Philoslother
@ Gigaclon - very true
@ those - very difficult when you have internet very rarely
akrolsmir
I'm no security expert, but there has got to be some kind of implementable encryption that will prevent you from messing with your saves and thus make offline submissions safely syncable. I just think that the priority level for this wouldn't be particularly high and thus implementation would be placed behind a whole slew of other TODOs. Maybe precisely describing such a system would speed up the process? Iono.
peppy
encryption/security is not a problem at all. the problem is that i wish for osu! to remain an online game, and don't want to move away from this idea.
Topic Starter
Philoslother
Guess I'll just have to play osu! at McDonalds for their free wifi ha. Oh well
GigaClon
Can't you just plug in with a ethernet cable?
Topic Starter
Philoslother
I do whenever I can but we have only one ethernet jack so only one cable and if im using the internet no one else can and that generally results in anger so.....yeah
GigaClon
It sounds like you could use a wireless router, you should see if you and the roommates can't chip in together to get one.
Jalatiphra
our just a switch...
its 15 € for 4 ports.. then everyone can use the internet at the same time