forum

[Archived] input lag

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Polnareff
hello guys in osu i have 2ms of input lag most of the time (changes between 1,8 and 2,1) my system is i7 6300hq and gtx 960m and i think i should have lower ms then 2 what do you guys think might be the problem ?(i dont have any background programs running have fullscreen on unlimited frame rates on and i tweaked my nvidia settings too but doesnt seem to work)
genrenders
I literally have the same problem, but i've got gtx950m w/ intel hd graphics 620 integrated
fps just never goes higher than solid 200 and latency doesn't go lower than 5ms.
What is the problem?
Topic Starter
Polnareff

genrenders wrote:

I literally have the same problem, but i've got gtx950m w/ intel hd graphics 620 integrated
fps just never goes higher than solid 200 and latency doesn't go lower than 5ms.
What is the problem?

i see people with pentiums and gt600 getting 1,2 ms its really frustrating
Death
2ms (this figure is your frame time, not input lag) on a GTX 960M seems completely reasonable to me, that's 500fps. The integrated graphics in certain pentium processors is not that bad. I don't know why it seems people think pentium chips are absolute garbage. I also doubt people are getting 1.2ms on a GT 600 card (perhaps they were indeed using integrated graphics), but if you know someone that is, why not ask them for the settings they are using for their card?

genrenders wrote:

What is the problem?
You've listed two different GPUs. The game can only use one of them at a time, either your Intel integrated graphics or your dedicated card. Make sure you are using the correct one.
Topic Starter
Polnareff

Death wrote:

2ms (this figure is your frame time, not input lag) on a GTX 960M seems completely reasonable to me, that's 500fps. The integrated graphics in certain pentium processors is not that bad. I don't know why it seems people think pentium chips are absolute garbage. I also doubt people are getting 1.2ms on a GT 600 card (perhaps they were indeed using integrated graphics), but if you know someone that is, why not ask them for the settings they are using for their card?

genrenders wrote:

What is the problem?
You've listed two different GPUs. The game can only use one of them at a time, either your Intel integrated graphics or your dedicated card. Make sure you are using the correct one.

my bad i pressed the wrong button it was supposee to be 3 ms ok i might be over exaggerating a bit on the gt 600 but i know people that have way worse systems then mine and get lower ms then me
Death
3ms is still 333fps, not bad by any stretch I'd say, as long as it is decently consistent.

Again, if you know people personally who are getting better performance than you with supposedly way worse systems, you should go ahead and ask them what type of settings they are using.
genrenders

Death wrote:

genrenders wrote:

What is the problem?

Whatever GPU i use it just doesn't go higher than 200-300 fps
show more