forum

Caravan Palace - Dragons

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Charles445
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Saturday, March 17, 2012 at 11:35:47 PM

Artist: Caravan Palace
Title: Dragons
Tags: french electroswing electro swing jazz gypsy paris france dragtols mmzz
BPM: 124
Filesize: 6425kb
Play Time: 03:40
Difficulties Available:
  1. Insane (5 stars, 749 notes)
  2. MM's Taiko (4.89 stars, 1003 notes)
Download: Caravan Palace - Dragons
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Have fun.
Shiirn
first
Topic Starter
Charles445
All done!
Ready for modding!
BeatofIke
Polarity! :)
Sync
I was going to be the first comment on this

what the fuck
Topic Starter
Charles445

BeatofIke wrote:

Polarity! :)
Yay! I don't know how to handle polarity with 1/6 yet :(
TicClick
Yee-haw!
MMzz
Topic Starter
Charles445
Mods please thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
YTYuyu
if you really want a mod, i'll give you one >.<. i found this through #modreqs

General:
hmm i guess it's clear.

Insane:
00:13:080 (5) - *nazi* this is intentional right because i was expecting this to be straight and i'm not talking about the look. it looks a bit slanted.
00:43:080 - i'd look even better, fun and challenging if you can add notes to follow that sound idk what it's called >.<
try this as it follows the instrumental. if you ignore this, than you can use that as a reference.
01:15:983 (1,2) - ooh uhh IMO i don't like the look of these 2 sliders. can you make a wave slider like a S shape? if you do this, then make (2) look the same as this.
01:47:677 (4) - instead of going back and forth, how about moving it here to challenge other players? I was expecting (4) to be at the right side because I thought it'd be a diamond jump, and if you see on the screenshot, it's beside (7,8) as if it's 3 notes
02:38:241 - add a slider and end it till 02:38:604 to follow the instrumental.
03:33:403 (1,2) - IMO, these sliders look ugly? can you try to make them look a lot smoother? try to do something like this. it looks a lot smoother and the path from 1 end to the other would be easier.

mou~ that's it :o. I was expecting more but i guess that all I can give you. anyways here's 2 stars and GL :D
Topic Starter
Charles445

Byakugan249 wrote:

if you really want a mod, i'll give you one >.<. i found this through #modreqs
Insane:
00:13:080 (5) - *nazi* this is intentional right because i was expecting this to be straight and i'm not talking about the look. it looks a bit slanted.
Yeah it's meant to tilt to the right a little
00:43:080 - i'd look even better, fun and challenging if you can add notes to follow that sound idk what it's called >.<
try this as it follows the instrumental. if you ignore this, than you can use that as a reference.
I tried to do this Q_Q, it just ended up being an especially weird beat.
01:15:983 (1,2) - ooh uhh IMO i don't like the look of these 2 sliders. can you make a wave slider like a S shape? if you do this, then make (2) look the same as this.
Good idea!
01:47:677 (4) - instead of going back and forth, how about moving it here to challenge other players? I was expecting (4) to be at the right side because I thought it'd be a diamond jump, and if you see on the screenshot, it's beside (7,8) as if it's 3 notes
I'd rather not make the map harder to read. This part is supposed to be easy :D
02:38:241 - add a slider and end it till 02:38:604 to follow the instrumental.
This part is actually a short break. At this point me and some others who played it got really, really tired.
03:33:403 (1,2) - IMO, these sliders look ugly? can you try to make them look a lot smoother? try to do something like this. it looks a lot smoother and the path from 1 end to the other would be easier.
Made them less bunched up.
Thanks for the mod and stars :)
Mismagius

first try

this is a masterpiece.
Musty
This is pure AWESOMNESS favd
SuperMIC
A warning... I'm not the best at modding approval maps, so I'm not sure if some things I point out would actually apply. =3=

---

First check: (Things that kinda stood out)

00:48:766 (8) - Might be hard to read/see
00:52:879 (1-3,5-7) - Forgive me if I'm wrong, but shouldn't these be done in 1/4...?
00:55:782 (4,5) - ^ (Moved one tick back and then stretched)
01:00:379 (7,1,2,3,4,5) - ^
01:31:467 (1) - Care for some slider Nazi...?
01:52:274 (10) - Maybe a softened normal-whistle?
01:56:145 (7) - ^
02:17:919 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - Again, forgive me if I'm wrong, but 1/4?
03:08:362 (2,3,4,5) - Turn the volume up on these sliders?

Second lookthrough: (Probably can ignore these, just nit-picky things)

01:18:887 (5) - Is the anchor in this slider necessary? Might look better as just a curve. It would also help that blanket.
03:31:467 (1,2,3) - + Volume?
03:39:209 (1,2,3) - ^ Also, some kind of Finish on (3)?

---

Great, GREAT map! Stay classy. :3
Topic Starter
Charles445

SuperMICrophone wrote:

00:48:766 (8) - Might be hard to read/see Not really
00:52:879 (1-3,5-7) - Forgive me if I'm wrong, but shouldn't these be done in 1/4...? Nope! Listen to it slowed down.
00:55:782 (4,5) - ^ (Moved one tick back and then stretched) A tick back would be too early.
01:00:379 (7,1,2,3,4,5) - ^ These are 1/6
01:31:467 (1) - Care for some slider Nazi...? Nah, I barely got that under the HP bar.
01:52:274 (10) - Maybe a softened normal-whistle? Nah
01:56:145 (7) - ^ Nah
02:17:919 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - Again, forgive me if I'm wrong, but 1/4? Again, listen to it slowed down
03:08:362 (2,3,4,5) - Turn the volume up on these sliders? The added claps does a good enough job of this I think.

01:18:887 (5) - Is the anchor in this slider necessary? Might look better as just a curve. It would also help that blanket. This slider is my bro
03:31:467 (1,2,3) - + me? Again, I think the claps do enough for this part.
03:39:209 (1,2,3) - ^ Also, some kind of Finish on (3)? The song goes THWACK and it's done. No lasting cymbals or anything, just a good THWACK. Adding a finish would ruin the impact entirely.
Thanks for having a look!
SuperMIC
I cannot mod approval maps lolol. Anyway, starred~
Bobo_old
Beautiful.
WVSagi
Dude,
Seriously, this map was so fun to play on Tablet tap.
soo damn beautiful.
BEST. MAPPER. EVER.
map more jazz, charles!
Star.
MathiasXII
Alright here we go !

General :

- Those hitsounds are absolutely geniously put... oh wait, it's Charles that mapped this ! :D
- Wow I never thought your beatmaps could reach such peak in difficulty haha! God please save us from this evilness!

[Insane]

- Hmmm I noticed there is different spacings here and there, but you should probably at least try to round them all up to something like 0,8, 1,6, etc... the mapping would be neater overall this way.

00:36:790 (6) - Part would be of better consistency if this part would be retrieved to the previous blue tick (but with the slider length finishing at the same place)

00:46:225 (1,2) - These sounds too soon ? Maybe a tick farther or something ?

03:05:822 (6) - A note maybe instead of a slider here ?

Well that's about it actually. The rest just makes perfect sense (MIND YOU! I don't give any credits to this map for making sense... I really sympathise with the nervers of that person who tries to pass this map... as these nerves will cease to function lol!!! Talk about nerve racking!!!!!!!)

Anyway you go Charles ! Kill dem Osu! Players!
Topic Starter
Charles445

MathiasXII wrote:

[Insane]

- Hmmm I noticed there is different spacings here and there, but you should probably at least try to round them all up to something like 0,8, 1,6, etc... the mapping would be neater overall this way.

00:36:790 (6) - Part would be of better consistency if this part would be retrieved to the previous blue tick (but with the slider length finishing at the same place)
Meh. Some other parts in the map do that, and it fits the beat either way. I just chose to be nice here (I like how this particular part plays)
00:46:225 (1,2) - These sounds too soon ? Maybe a tick farther or something ?
wut
03:05:822 (6) - A note maybe instead of a slider here ?
Gotta keep it goin' keep it goin' FULL STEAM

Well that's about it actually. The rest just makes perfect sense (MIND YOU! I don't give any credits to this map for making sense... I really sympathise with the nervers of that person who tries to pass this map... as these nerves will cease to function lol!!! Talk about nerve racking!!!!!!!)

Anyway you go Charles ! Kill dem Osu! Players!
A++ would rheid again
Love
Taiko Mod as Requested

OD5 for the 1/8ths to be slightly easier?
01:40:298 (56) - k - fits with the higher pitch
01:01:951 (76,77) - end this with dk instead of kd?
few notes I'd like to see added, but it's nothing, plus I'd like to keep the 999 combo lol

I really can't find much else, you said it was gonna be trolly, and it is. But it doesn't break the real guidelines. It flows with the song really well.
MMzz
Topic Starter
Charles445
Wham bam thank you ma'am
Musty
my first play \:D/
Topic Starter
Charles445
You played in multi? Who was it with? It shows at the end, okay
Also it sounds like it's playing the normal-whistle sound instead of the soft-whistle. Did you replace the soft one with the normal one in your skin?

EDIT to avoid double post

Hard rock is totally possible :o
fartownik
ok
Topic Starter
Charles445
That was fast.
needs bubble 2 and approve now :D (two BATs)
Realazy
Awwwwww yeaaaaaaaaaaaah <3
Rue
Fabulous :O
Musty
Yes, i use normal-hitsounds for soft-hitsounds >w<~
ztrot
okay this maps jumps are retarded but retarded is fun right looked it over and was worried about 01:28:564 (5,6,7,8) But Charles talked me though it so yeah. #2
Topic Starter
Charles445
Now all that's left is to find another BAT...
Musty
omg, dude, you're so fast..
Rue
Gogo for it :O
Andrea
Seems pretty good.

Approved~
show more