forum

Why is scoring so fc weighted?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Feylos
https://imgur.com/a/KhKZpPu
So you're telling me, that beating an absurdly difficult map (at least in my standards) is worth 3pp, and yet fc-ing a hard is worth 33pp.

I actually don't get it, the 3pp play was infinitely more satisfying to pull off, and yet something way easier to do is worth 33?

The combo system is fine in a lot of cases, but songs that are relatively easy to fc giving more pp than even passing difficult maps doesn't make sense to me..

I just don't feel like score and difficulty is balanced, especially considering my best score is a nightcore normal, which while it *technically* has the star rating to match, complexity is non existent.

I know I'm complaining for no reason, but just felt like venting.
raccoongamer
FCing and passing the map has a HUGE gap between each other. If you gained 3pp from 4,9* map, then you had an absurdly low combo and missed every now and then, and just “survived” the map due to low hp drain or whatever. Usually you can survive maps about 2* higher than your FC treshold, so it makes absolute sense.
Approximately, pp gained is linear to combo (you’ll get around 1/2 of pp for fcing a map if you gained half of the combo), so it’s more than fair enough.
Naimae
The reason is because osu!standard is very very aim based
If the penalty for missing one note was incredibly small, then people wouldn't even try to hit 1-2 jumps and just go for the 1s since they can probably hit those better since 1) it's at a slower pace and 2) if it's in a series of cross screen jumps, then they're closer together, too.

This way, if you want any decent score, you have to make all the movements the mapper wanted you to make. So people can't just cheat pp out of maps in an unintentional way.
ADelicateOrange
PP is similar to putting on a concert. What sounds better: a Musician who plays simple songs with good accuracy on notes/timbre and properly at the correct BPM or a Musician who plays only hard songs, but can barely survive the song without sounding horrendous?

I'll take the former in this case.
ManuelOsuPlayer
I don't like PP system for same reassons. Get an A on a stream map 8* HDHR low combo, give you less PP than a 2* map SS.
Why? Because combo is everything. And acc only matters when you already can FC the map.
Yukitemi

ManuelOsuPlayer wrote:

I don't like PP system for same reassons. Get an A on a stream map 8* HDHR low combo, give you less PP than a 2* map SS.
Why? Because combo is everything. And acc only matters when you already can FC the map.

But it's much easier tho. I've seen alot of people who's playing hard maps and passing them with 100 out of 2k combo because they spammed their way to the end, and can't fc anything that they should of already fced. If your skill isn't consistant that's not a skill.
And no, acc matters *along* with combo.
raccoongamer

Yukitemi wrote:

ManuelOsuPlayer wrote:

But it's much easier tho. I've seen alot of people who's playing hard maps and passing them with 100 out of 2k combo because they spammed their way to the end, and can't fc anything that they should of already fced. If your skill isn't consistant that's not a skill.
And no, acc matters *along* with combo.

This except the fact, that combo matters a lot more than acc, 490/490 combo with 75% acc weighs more than 470 95%
Yukitemi

raccoongamer wrote:

This except the fact, that combo matters a lot more than acc, 490/490 combo with 75% acc weighs more than 470 95%

Then why I have a map with ~99% acc 519/566 and it gives me 294pp, but when it fced with 95% it gives 291?
Topic Starter
Feylos
That makes sense assuming that fcing a map is more difficult than passing a map, which normally it is. What I'm getting at is passing a 4.9* is more difficult than fcing a 3.2*, yet it's not worth anything in comparison. I get that if I miraculously fc'd the 4.9 (or at least got a really good combo), it would then be worth way more for sure.

Really loved the concert analogy btw
show more