forum

What's so good about the old site?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Quibbly
I joined about a month before the newer site replaced the old one so I didn't really get to know the old site too much. I don't see much wrong with the new one?
Nameless
I think the old one is more practical because it's generally more compact and things are easier to find. It favors usability over aesthetics. The new site just feels like an enlarged version so everything is harder to find so you have to move your eyes more, there's more scrolling and navigation is a lot harder. This issue is most prevalent when browsing the forums or looking for beatmaps.
KatouMegumi
No one wants to move on.
Feelteeth
Because old is gold. Simple.
Topic Starter
Quibbly

Nameless wrote:

I think the old one is more practical because it's generally more compact and things are easier to find. It favors usability over aesthetics. The new site just feels like an enlarged version so everything is harder to find so you have to move your eyes more, there's more scrolling and navigation is a lot harder. This issue is most prevalent when browsing the forums or looking for beatmaps.

This is the most straightforward response someone has ever given in ot... history has been made here
Nameless

Quibbly wrote:

This is the most straightforward response someone has ever given in ot... history has been made here
Thanks man

KatouMegumi wrote:

No one wants to move on.
Asking people what is good about the old site is basically asking why people don't wanna move on, because what makes the old site good is the reason why people don't wanna move on.
Achromalia

Nameless wrote:

Nameless wrote:

KatouMegumi wrote:

No one wants to move on.
Asking people what is good about the old site is basically asking why people don't wanna move on, because what makes the old site good is the reason why people don't wanna move on.
Really good points here, pretty much describes why i stay with the old site.
johnmedina999
The new site:
  1. kills the concept of pages
  2. takes up more RAM and is slower
  3. has a shitty search system
  4. has a shitty wiki (that has no search system)
  5. makes it so you can't double post (believe it or not, people double post for reasons other than trolling)
  6. removes BB code such as invisible text
  7. displays the amount of edits your post has gone through even if someone else has not posted yet
  8. makes posting a pain
and much more.
levesterz
Good thing about old site that there no giant reply box that cover 90% of the screen following you and easier to go to last reply in phone. And cant go to laatest reply . I have to scroll dwn manually to reach to the latest reply. Yes i press that jump to last reply button and its not working, yes i press to latest reply on the forum page. It direct me to the first post regardless.

And its hard to add in word in between in mobile its like the the allignment is off or something.

Dont forget that ovesize switch button keep following you when zoom in . You need to have like magnifier to use in phone. Espicially the screen that is small like mine. Dont let me started about the overlay that is as bright as the sun itself.
Edit: forget to add it eat up the internet qouta because it too longer to load and more stuff to load in and sometimes it jam up my phone and nothing i can do about it except to wait for my phone to perform auto restart(i hate ot when i cant take put batery and insert it back to the phone). The tprture of waiting it to be auto restart is painfull.
abraker

johnmedina999 wrote:

The new site:
  1. kills the concept of pages - Yes. Rip new page memes
  2. takes up more RAM and is slower - YES YES
  3. has a shitty search system - Actually it's pretty decent, and I prefer it over the old search system. The devs just have a small annoying bug to fix which I reported not long ago dealing with automatic search loading
  4. has a shitty wiki (that has no search system) - What are you on about? You can search the wiki using the new search
  5. makes it so you can't double post (believe it or not, people double post for reasons other than trolling) - I don't really care much about this one, but they should fix it at least for mafia.
  6. removes BB code such as invisible text - They should bring back invisible text
  7. displays the amount of edits your post has gone through even if someone else has not posted yet - Why is this a bad thing?
  8. makes posting a pain - Posting in mobile is worse than hell, kids
and much more.
Topic Starter
Quibbly
I agree that the mobile version of the site is broken to shit since you can't remove the "reply box" if you accidentally press reply and you literally can't see anything. Either post something to remove it or clear cookies. Reloading the page doesn't remove the reply box which is super annoying.
Serraionga
The only reason I use the new site is because of the new search system, which is fairly better in comparison and gave me an easier time finding certain posts (the old one just kind of sorted them randomly for some reason and I never understood why). I'm forced to use it anyway because the old search system is dead and, well, it can't be used anymore. Oh, and tower-quoting is fun, too.

Other than that, the new site takes so fucking long to load (no, it's not my speed connection) and, compared to the old one, which I've been using during 4 years with no issues and almost-instant loads, it's excruciating and a huge hassle to use.

And no more new pages. Yeah, fuck that.

abraker wrote:

johnmedina999 wrote:

1. displays the amount of edits your post has gone through even if someone else has not posted yet - Why is this a bad thing?
because it allowed us to correct our mistakes with no one else noticing
also why does that look like a mod post
Edgar_Figaro
Things I like better on Old Site:
1. Faster
2. Showed PP weighting for scores on user page
3. Has pages so is quicker to look through long forums
4. Easier to look at convert scores on maps
5. Collapsible tabs on user page
6. Recommended difficulty didn’t show converts and gave me my exact SR recommendation

Things I like better on new site:
1. PP score of your play and top 50 scores on the map shown
2. Shows exact SR of songs when you hover (unless it’s a multi-mode mapset and then it’s broken)
3. Addition of the 6th difficulty color for maps 6.75+
4. Shows exact AR, CS, OD, & HP values for a map
5. Achievements separated by mode
6. Exact numbers for replays watched by others
Naimae
please understand

peppy's dev blog hinted at a new user page, so maybe other things will change too?
i also imagine they'll get to work making the new site more streamlined once lazer gets released
Serraionga

citremi wrote:

please understand
abraker

citremi wrote:

please understand

peppy's dev blog hinted at a new user page, so maybe other things will change too?
i also imagine they'll get to work making the new site more streamlined once lazer gets released
But we are talking about

Topic Starter
Quibbly
Wtf is going on you guys are on OT crack or something?
johnmedina999

Quibbly wrote:

Eventually, we get used to being on OT crack that it has become the norm.
abraker

johnmedina999 wrote:

Quibbly wrote:

Eventually, we get used to being on OT crack that it has become the norm.
Didn't you hear about the OT!Bar incident? Apparently 2000 barrels of 99% alcohol got washed away in the forum lanes last posting
Zozimoto
old website gay
new website less gay
B1rd
The new site is CANCER
Zozimoto

B1rd wrote:

The new site is CANCER

i am offended
Flanster

obligatory
Serraionga

Flanster wrote:

[...]
b-but this thread brought up some very valid points though!!!

:custard:
FuZ
its not shit
Meah
it loads faster for me
johnmedina999
The beat that I can give it is that it tries to have a mobile site. It's pretty trash though.
show more