forum

How to improve speed reading?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
ManuelOsuPlayer
I have problems with fast pattern due to slow reading. My reading starting to get good consistence, making me able to play HR and hit 99% of what i read with enought time without need follow points and muscle memory for it. But my reading is so slow and i start to play behind and behind. That make me start patterns 300 300 300 300 300 100 100 100 100 100 50 50 50 50 x x x x x.
How can i practice this?
Keep trying and force it on the patterns i start keeping behind?
Playing slower maps?
Playing faster maps?
Practicing 10'3?

Thank's.
Aegyo
I would like to point out you don't have a single HR FC or an AR10 FC which tells me you probably can't play HR proficiently
RamenBucket
play more
Topic Starter
ManuelOsuPlayer

Aegyo wrote:

I would like to point out you don't have a single HR FC or an AR10 FC which tells me you probably can't play HR proficiently
You're blaine. I'm getting 97%+ acc scores on ar 10 since 3 years ago xD. There is webs like osuskills where you can see them.
Also arless maps fc, edited maps, unranked and offline don't show on the web profile. You still blaine because i do got an AR10 OD9+ score on topranks.

https://osu.ppy.sh/b/996397&m=0
Personal Best (#1164 achieved 5 days ago)
Score 5,158,531 (98.85%)
Max Combo 571
300 / 100 / 50 343 / 6 / 0
Misses 0
Geki (Elite Beat!) 80
Katu (Beat!) 5
Mods HR

Don't tell me shit about map size because is the first play on the map. Like 90% of the ranks i have on the web. You can go to new web site and check the most played beatmaps and you will not find those maps.

I usually going for pass maps using HR mod sightreading without know the maps (usually multiplayer). From 6*+ to 7*+.

Anyways i didn't talk about HR. EasyMod also needs fast reading, and high bpm too.
Topic Starter
ManuelOsuPlayer

RamenBucket wrote:

play more
I'm not asking because i'm going to stop to playing.
kai99
Blaine, Washington - Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blaine,_Washington
Blaine is a city in Whatcom County, Washington, United States. The city's northern boundary is the Canada–US border. Blaine is the shared home of the Peace ...
State‎: ‎Washington GNIS feature ID‎: ‎2409860
County‎: ‎Whatcom Incorporated‎: ‎May 20, 1890
‎History · ‎Climate · ‎Canada–U.S. border · ‎Economy
loveleft
Blaine
Is an incredibly ruggedly handsome man. He strives for the best things in life and gives positive vibes to everyone he meets. This man is easy to love and can ultimately ulter ur state of mind. This man has sex appeal and women drool over him even though he would not think of himself as so. Hes particular in his ways but open minded, caring and gives off a comforting energy. He is quiet and polite he does not like to fight or raise his voice, his wisdom from past experiences allow him to understand that there is no need. This man cherishes material items such as vehicles. He values his hobbies, intertwined with his determination and drive towards obtainng nice things. He is a sweet talker and gives off a mysterious vibe to women. He enjoys time with his friends and doing things that are productive in nature. This man strives for the secrets in life and what his purpose will be, All while, leaving a vast impact on other lives. This loving man has an abundance of beautiful things to of
fer mentally, and physically, but rarely can he observe that of himself. This mans smile is astounding and his kind eyes are doe like to make anyone crazy for him. He is a guarded man he loves his privacy and time to be his own indivdual. To not know this man would ultimately suck, he provides a vision of life that many do not see or understand, This is a man you would absolutely want in your life. This is Blaine.
kai99
nu blyat
KupcaH

ManuelOsuPlayer wrote:

I have problems with fast pattern due to slow reading. My reading starting to get good consistence, making me able to play HR and hit 99% of what i read with enough time without need follow points and muscle memory for it. But my reading is so slow and i start to play behind and behind. That make me start patterns 300 300 300 300 300 100 100 100 100 100 50 50 50 50 x x x x x.
How can i practice this?
Playing slower maps?
Playing faster maps?
Practicing 10'3?

Thank's.
I have no idea how that's possible, but I guess the solution would be

ManuelOsuPlayer wrote:

kai99 wrote:

nu blyat
빌어 먹을
Aegyo
aa
Topic Starter
ManuelOsuPlayer
https://tefltrainerspain.com/2012/12/17 ... h-friends/

I also would be good at english if i didn't had to learn absolutely everything from myself without anyone telling me if i'm wrong or not.
I leave the school as soon as i could because it was real shit, teachers were really stupids what couldn't get a better job due to don't get a better grade, and the same year i leave the school i get my general certificate of secondary education after study by myself.

This country educational system is probably one of the worst in the world. Obviously there are some good teachers, but they are weird to find. Here they give you the question of the tests the day before the final test, so you can pass it and everybody happy, because kids don't have to study, teacher don't have to care about teach and help the kids, so they can use whatsapp, and be "good" teacher. If you ask seomthing they don't know about, they say shit like, "because the book say it" or "because i'm saying it and i'm the teacher"

http://www.expansion.com/sociedad/2018/ ... b45f2.html
The dropout rate in Spain is 80% higher than the European average

The countries where the education is one of the best are the following:

-Finland: Being a teacher there, is really difficult. Importance for each student. Good habits for learning.

-Japan: Also good habits. 0% illiteracy. School dropouts less than 2%. Basic requirement: high school degree.

-South Korea: the learn about 9 areas (maths, Korean, English, music, arts).
3. Statistics & Facts
-Spain has the highest school dropouts of the EU. (22.7%)
-There's no money enough. The 80% of it is given to the teacher's salary.
-Bad marks in general. Most of the students try to get a 5. (a 5 is the 50% of the test made right dosn't matter you say on the other 50% Hittler was the president of U.S. you still being able to promote)
-In consequence the teachers are demotivated. Also they don't have the knowledge enough for teaching.
-The students try to pass an exam and then they forget what the were studying.
-Low level in basics subjects than the rest of the EU.
On the last few years Spanish education experienced some cutbacks which made in 2012 the country in the top 5 where there were more cutbacks in Europe. The money invested here decreased 6.8% (Europe 1.1%) GDP for education was 4.5% instead of the average of Europe which was 5.3%

I got 130 C.I. and i did learn nothing from teacheres in more than 10 years in school.
Imagine what happens to kids with 70 C.I.
They can't speak Spanish properly.
Also they treat you the same you're getting S on test over and over than getting D. And what is the worst, the teacher give the book leassons to teach everyone at same time, that means if a mentaly disabled kid is learning how to multiply you will have to listen to it over and over, instead keep learning.
The teacher only tell you what it's inside the books, and i was in 2012 and we where "learning" from a 2001 book xD.

Everything was memorice. Inclusive maths. So no one could answer a problem what already has been made in class, even saying the same but with other words.

You can just search in google and find articles like the ones i link, from more than 20 years ago to today talking about this and similar stuff.
So go ahead and make fun of me and think you're a smart ass because i mistake a word.
Ninonuko
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning–Kruger_effect

Just want to point out why people make fun out of you.

We basically got a lot of people posting on forum with bad grammar (yes including me) and guess what? none of them really have been made fun of simply because of grammar.

Don't throw real life shit here expecting people will react nicely, moreovely with your attitude. Just talk privately with your friends.
Topic Starter
ManuelOsuPlayer

Ninonuko wrote:

We basically got a lot of people posting on forum with bad grammar (yes including me) and guess what? none of them really have been made fun of simply because of grammar.

Don't throw real life shit here expecting people will react nicely, moreovely with your attitude. Just talk privately with your friends.
I don't act, to make people act nice to me xD.
I say what i think, and i don't fucking care about people making fun.
I'm not a dicksucker without balls what says what other people want to listen to, because a bad word destroy their not defined personality.
You're the one under that shit you link, thinking you know what I'm about without have any seriously conversation with me in your life.

Anyways this was a post asking for help, and thrash players what think they are better because fc choko cokie say after retrying all day long say non sense things, totally unrelated to the question, not usefull, and going smart ass over everyone else.
Then they cry about my posts trying to help other people are thrash, but they answer only to say dumb shit what no ones ask or care about. And not even trying to give a seriously answer. Never try to help others, and just humillate new players what come here frustrated. Just shit comments thinking they are fun and smart, being kids talking from the pc what they get from mom's credit card, and talking about how hard life is, and how they know more about life than you.
Everything due to lack of valors, honor, respect, parental affect, trying to make people sad to feel a little better about theirself, their shit self steem. This kinda people only learn when the life break a bottle in their nape.
Aegyo
Welcome to the internet
Topic Starter
ManuelOsuPlayer

Aegyo wrote:

Welcome to the internet
I was on internet before you even was in your father balls. Don't you think i know about how it's at least a little enought to you don't have to remember it? Stop watch so many youtube and use your brain to think for once.
ZeCryptic
You seriously just need to practice. Play more hr. Push yourself when you play hr. Don't play stuff you feel too comfortable with

ManuelOsuPlayer wrote:

Playing slower maps?
NO! If you want to improve you need to push yourself out of your comfort zone, don't play slow maps if you want to read faster.
loveleft
You're the one under that shit you link, thinking you know what I'm about without have any seriously conversation with me in your life.
that's fair, but

thrash players what think they are better because fc choko cokie
kids talking from the pc what they get from mom's credit card
This kinda people only learn when the life break a bottle in their nape
i'm amazed how well you know me! no serious conversations needed...?
Aegyo

ManuelOsuPlayer wrote:

Aegyo wrote:

Welcome to the internet
I was on internet before you even was in your father balls. Don't you think i know about how it's at least a little enought to you don't have to remember it? Stop watch so many youtube and use your brain to think for once.
Did you just assume my age? Holy a man with your experience in internet usage would hopefully understand what Dunning-Kruger effect is by now
RamenBucket
Guys chill out.

This is osu! forums. I don't think its fair that you guys were making fun of someone's bad grammar since it's not even his native language. Just because you aren't offended by something doesn't mean that other people see it in the same way. Clearly, Manuel wanted help on his speed reading, but jokes and shit-posts weren't what he was looking for (My bad as well).

That being said, I do not think that it is necessary to resort to personal attacks when responding to other people's comments. Personal attacks take the discussion nowhere and will make the situation worse. Just because you are offended doesn't mean that it is your duty to offend that person back. Face it. We have all had bad days, and sometimes we say things that we don't really mean. No need to make the situation worse.

Shit-talk me all you want, but the reason why I play osu! (and enjoy it) is it's amazing community. Despite being on the internet, I can come to osu and be blown away by everyone's helpfulness and celebrate of each of our successes. I do not want this place to turn into a salty and toxic environment that games nowadays almost always seem to have.

;-;
Topic Starter
ManuelOsuPlayer

ZeCryptic wrote:

You seriously just need to practice. Play more hr. Push yourself when you play hr. Don't play stuff you feel too comfortable with

ManuelOsuPlayer wrote:

Playing slower maps?
NO! If you want to improve you need to push yourself out of your comfort zone, don't play slow maps if you want to read faster.
Should i repeat some maps to improve them, pick like 50 7* maps to play then randomly, or just sightread new and new maps like i'm used to do? Thank's for the advice.
ZeCryptic

ManuelOsuPlayer wrote:

Should i repeat some maps to improve them, pick like 50 7* maps to play then randomly, or just sightread new and new maps like i'm used to do? Thank's for the advice.
I honestly don't know. You have to figure out what is most effective to you. Personally, I would sight read some new maps while occasionally improving previous scores.
kai99

KupcaH wrote:

kai99 wrote:

nu blyat
빌어 먹을
cupcake is good at korean

ManuelOsuPlayer wrote:

-South Korea: the learn about 9 areas (maths, Korean, English, music, arts).
sry never lived in korea

Ninonuko wrote:

^ pinpointed
you should probably take a look at the link, manuel, before you deem it's shit because seems like, maybe you wont be as pissed off if you'd read it :)

ManuelOsuPlayer wrote:

Anyways this was a post asking for help, and thrash players what think they are better because fc choko cokie say after retrying all day long say non sense things, totally unrelated to the question, not usefull, and going smart ass over everyone else.
Then they cry about my posts trying to help other people are thrash, but they answer only to say dumb shit what no ones ask or care about. And not even trying to give a seriously answer. Never try to help others, and just humillate new players what come here frustrated. Just shit comments thinking they are fun and smart, being kids talking from the pc what they get from mom's credit card, and talking about how hard life is, and how they know more about life than you.
Everything due to lack of valors, honor, respect, parental affect, trying to make people sad to feel a little better about theirself, their shit self steem. This kinda people only learn when the life break a bottle in their nape.
this one is good. oof i am so offended because you think im a dumb asshole. kekk i live for this
Aegyo
I love forums. Its always a good laugh
The Gambler
Reminds me that I am here forever...
E m i

Aegyo wrote:

I love forums. Its always a good laugh
yea i could get sad reading this thread

but actually it just brings me back to the old times

and by that i mean the good old times