Quibbly wrote:

I consider people above rank 100k to be experienced
8k for mania
cgi
rank shouldn't determine your skill.
i'd say around 50k is average i guess?
pp shouldn't mean anything but just a number
Soo bin
PP is number, rank is number. I consider anyone who can consistently 98% + acc OD 10 5+ star maps good because osu is rhythm game and no I also cannot do this so I'm trash. Anyone who can't do this is only playing whack-a-mole game. Also 5 star map barrier entry bc its not that difficult to get to this stage its just that I reckon most people play osu as a side game and not their main game, and if you dump in the amount of hours you usually play on another game like league etc. into osu its very fast to improve. This is solely going off play time in hours not date of registration.
Syneergy
2M-400k = New players (noobs) playing everything because they want to be god
399k-150k = regular, playing low star maps, maybe some high like 5 stars
149k - 90k = improving and still learning, playing some okay maps 4.5-5.5
89k-50k = some players might start to evaluate them, trying to find different ways to improve, playing some 6 stars and 7,8,9
49k - 20k =
19k-10k =
9k-4k
3k-1k = experienced
999-500
etc...

cba to think others

i must be incorrect anyway
RamenBucket
Anyone that's better than me
ZeCryptic
Which ranks are considered "good" is totally subjective. The ranks I consider good has changed drastically as I've improved. When my rank was around #10k I considered anyone around #1k to be good. Right now I consider anyone below around #100 to be good. My general rule is that the rank I am currently at suck and everyone that is my rank divided by 10 is decent.
kai99
idk i think im decent but not good. i think 5k is a good mark for "good at this game"
ManuelOsuPlayer
To me from 1 to 500.
DXPOHIHIHI
1-1k
vinnicci
ADelicateOrange
Good would be low 5 digit (around 15k and below). Great would be 1k and below. Gamer status is triple digits. Godly would be double or single digits.

However, there will be outliers in the rankings like MinG and DigitalHypno whom are not properly placed high enough (nor are trying to be properly placed either).
Akanagi
Depends on whether that person used mods or not and how well rounded your skillset is.
I value nomod players way higher than people who mod / high AR OTPs. A good player should be able to read lower ARs like 7-9 effortlessly, otherwise that would mean said player can't play what is 90% of this games maps.

Tournaments are the only real way to determine how good you really are. People who focus on farming exclusively are helpless on lower ARs and map styles and thus don't really strike me as very good players. I'd find it odd to call someone good or experienced at this game if that person hasn't even seen a fraction of the maps this game has to offer, so yeah.

The more maps you can play consistently, the better you are imo. As a rough estimate I'd say 10k-20k. But high pp doesn't really guarantee anything either, as explained above.
- e - v - b-
i'm almost top 400 and garbage so maybe top 250?
show more