forum

[resolved] Problem opening the game.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Hectqr
I clicked something in the options and pretty much the game crashed. After that I tried to open it and it said that Osu! was unable to obtain a graphics context.if this is the first time you've seen this,please try restarting your PC.
If this is a fresh install,you may be missing graphics drivers.

Any help on how to solve this?
Dntm8kmeeatu
What version of the game are you running? what GPU do you have?
Topic Starter
Hectqr

Dntm8kmeeatu wrote:

What version of the game are you running? what GPU do you have?

I can't see the version of the game but I know I had the latest version that had come out. (might sound stupid i know)

I have an NVIDIA GFX 1060 Graphics Card.

I've tried re-downloading the game but still doesn't work. this is what appears when I click reveal error

#=zWkDrulfk_IWgYBnRM$sA8uehmwUp: No available GL context found. ---> OpenTK.Graphics.GraphicsContextException: [EGL] Failed to create window surface, error BAD_ALLOC.
at OpenTK.Platform.Egl.EglWindowInfo.CreateWindowSurface(IntPtr config)
at OpenTK.Platform.Egl.EglContext..ctor(GraphicsMode mode, EglWindowInfo window, IGraphicsContext sharedContext, Int32 major, Int32 minor, GraphicsContextFlags flags)
at OpenTK.Platform.Egl.EglAnglePlatformFactory.CreateGLContext(GraphicsMode mode, IWindowInfo window, IGraphicsContext shareContext, Boolean directRendering, Int32 major, Int32 minor, GraphicsContextFlags flags)
at OpenTK.Graphics.GraphicsContext..ctor(GraphicsMode mode, IWindowInfo window, IGraphicsContext shareContext, Int32 major, Int32 minor, GraphicsContextFlags flags)
at #=z0ziB7SDrv_pFBHyhQN9m0EpL4lCs.#=zKj7T6U8=(Int32 #=zZb8NDag=, Int32 #=zTv4bsLg=, GraphicsContextFlags #=zYErviQQ=)
at #=zVmYOXSMOwJMVKeQQXYMuHhI=.#=zjZBZCeUr0qO_(GraphicsContextFlags #=zYErviQQ=)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at #=zVmYOXSMOwJMVKeQQXYMuHhI=.#=zjZBZCeUr0qO_(GraphicsContextFlags #=zYErviQQ=)
at #=zVmYOXSMOwJMVKeQQXYMuHhI=.OnHandleCreated(EventArgs #=zAs_ybj4=)
at #=zozFUrtS9rSRu$XCTUgTuMKGmbylb.OnHandleCreated(EventArgs #=zAs_ybj4=)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmCreate(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmCreate(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
at #=zdu1Cgb89XHfgZAgcEmHbWdg=.WndProc(Message& #=zzbhykz4=)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
Dntm8kmeeatu
Are you Graphics drivers properly installed and updated?
Tobias Leander
Open your osu folder and open repair osu!
and click the reset settings button.
should fix it since u said u clicked something in settings that u dont remember what was.
Topic Starter
Hectqr

Dntm8kmeeatu wrote:

Are you Graphics drivers properly installed and updated?

Yes they are. I just went to the NVIDIA App and installed an update. Still didn't work.

Tobias Leander wrote:

Open your osu folder and open repair osu!
and click the reset settings button.
should fix it since u said u clicked something in settings that u dont remember what was.

Did and same error happpened. DOes this mean that I won't be able to play osu! anymore?
Death
Definitely restart your computer if you haven't already, as the error message suggests. Do you have an integrated GPU in your computer too? Make sure you are running osu! with the correct GPU if you do. Your 1060 should be more than enough to run the game.

Download GLView, save and post the GL report it generates here.

Try using Display Driver Uninstaller to uninstall whatever drivers you have currently, and then download the latest drivers for your card directly from NVIDIA's website. The installer should also give you an option to perform a "clean install", choose that. You may need to click on custom install to see it.

If you used DDU before installing new drivers, I think you may be forced to restart after you've installed new drivers. If you aren't however, restart your computer again.
[Trz] Zulsramno
Hi,
Check in your file named : osu!.[Name of your computer or user] and check if the parameter "CompatibilityContext" is on 0. If it isn't, set it to 0 et save the file. Then restart osu! and see if it works.
Topic Starter
Hectqr
I remember what I clicked now! I went on the graphics settings and I was messing with the settings on osu! a little bit. I had clicked the Compatibility Setting! I found this out because I went on my old laptop and guess which setting I pressed and as soon as I clicked Compatibility Mode the app closed up and didn't open up again.

Zulsramno wrote:

Hi,
Check in your file named : osu!.[Name of your computer or user] and check if the parameter "CompatibilityContext" is on 0. If it isn't, set it to 0 et save the file. Then restart osu! and see if it works.

I found the folder but where exactly do I find this parameter at?

Edit: Problem Solved. Don't need anymore help. Followed Zulsramno's instructions and I was able to open osu! back again. Thank you so much!
Hexishu
Dang, I am having the same issue rn too with the parameter:
#=zWkDrulfk_IWgYBnRM$sA8uehmwUp: No available GL context found. ---> OpenTK.Graphics.GraphicsContextException: Failed to initialize EGL, error NOT_INITIALIZED.
at OpenTK.Platform.Egl.EglWindowInfo..ctor(IntPtr handle, IntPtr display, IntPtr surface)
at OpenTK.Platform.Egl.EglAnglePlatformFactory.CreateWindowInfo(IAngleWindowInfoInternal window_info, Int32 major, GraphicsContextFlags flags)
at OpenTK.Platform.Egl.EglAnglePlatformFactory.CreateGLContext(GraphicsMode mode, IWindowInfo window, IGraphicsContext shareContext, Boolean directRendering, Int32 major, Int32 minor, GraphicsContextFlags flags)
at OpenTK.Graphics.GraphicsContext..ctor(GraphicsMode mode, IWindowInfo window, IGraphicsContext shareContext, Int32 major, Int32 minor, GraphicsContextFlags flags)
at #=z0ziB7SDrv_pFBHyhQN9m0EpL4lCs.#=zKj7T6U8=(Int32 #=zZb8NDag=, Int32 #=zTv4bsLg=, GraphicsContextFlags #=zYErviQQ=)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

but I setted all compatibiltycontext to 0 ,but still doesn't open up.
Death

Hexishu wrote:

Dang, I am having the same issue rn too with the parameter:
#=zWkDrulfk_IWgYBnRM$sA8uehmwUp: No available GL context found. ---> OpenTK.Graphics.GraphicsContextException: Failed to initialize EGL, error NOT_INITIALIZED.
at OpenTK.Platform.Egl.EglWindowInfo..ctor(IntPtr handle, IntPtr display, IntPtr surface)
at OpenTK.Platform.Egl.EglAnglePlatformFactory.CreateWindowInfo(IAngleWindowInfoInternal window_info, Int32 major, GraphicsContextFlags flags)

but I setted all compatibiltycontext to 0 ,but still doesn't open up.

Did you read the other posts in this thread?

You should also be able to run the game with or without compatibility mode if you are on a 1060, which is why dealing with your drivers is a better idea than toggling compatibility mode.
show more