forum

[resolved] osu! Stutter/Audio Rewind?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Exty
Never had a problem with osu! before, and i've been trying to fix this for about a week looking at plenty of forum posts and reddit posts by others but with no success.

My game is constantly stuttering for a second, pretty frequently, and it's like the Audio/beatmap both rewind for half a second while it does it. Any idea on any causes or fixes?

I've tried reinstalling, I've tried turning off various windows options that seem to effect osu! for some people, like focus assist or windows transparency. I uninstalled my audio drivers and restarting to have them reinstall (this fixed the issue for about 1 day, next time i turned my PC on it reverted back to the stuttering issue) I've tried each of the different osu! builds, (beta, cutting edge, stable) and also all of the options such as unchecking fullscreen optimizations, trying opengl and d3d, turning off all background programs, and i'm not sure what else i can do.

If it helps to note, i have no issues on any other games. (Fortnite, FFXIII, Dragons Dogma, Skyrim, etc)
From other users posts i understand that it's apparently not the games fault, which is fine but something must be conflicting somewhere to cause this issue, i can't think of anything else.

tl;dr help pls
Yiren
I have the EXACT same problem. Makes osu unplayable for me. I've tried pretty much the same that you did. I also tried to update my graphics drivers, which also didn't work. I'm a little desperate now, so I hope someone in this post has an answer. It's occuring pretty much since the latest update, so yeah...about a week.
Creamy Candy
Same as me
pronet12

Creamy Candy wrote:

Same as me

Have we met before? I felt like... we've met in multiplayer games before
Kiiera
Try disabling SuperFetch, it kind of helped for me
Topic Starter
Exty
About to try it with turning SuperFetch off, will update.

Edit: tried it out for 20 minutes, seems to have worked so far. Thanks Slothy <3
Creamy Candy

pronet12 wrote:

Creamy Candy wrote:

Same as me

Have we met before? I felt like... we've met in multiplayer games before

Nope
show more