forum

Smashing Pumpkins - 1979

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Puffles
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.

Download: Smashing Pumpkins - 1979 (Puffles) [Taiko].osu
m980
Timing? 127? I don't know.

You need another difficulty.

I'll take a more thorough check once another difficulty is done
minyeob
Analyzer's BPM:127.04

I think your BPM is better than analyzer's BPM
mattyu007
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Metroid
Feedback from the match

hitcicles need to be bigger to consider it easy. otherwise good map.
Topic Starter
Puffles
I dunno... I think the 1.5 star rating is enough to make it Easy, even with normal-sized hit circles.
vytalibus
Topic Starter
Puffles
Gens
Sure you love to skin stuff up, don't you?
Overall, it's a good beatmap.

The spacing is consistent, so there isn't any error here. (except on 01:32:56 (4,5) Hard, but that's not really a problem)
You should slow even more the HP Drain in Easy by a tick or two. It's easy anyway. It would not hurt anyone, no one cares. People only care about the Top 40 in rankings.
Just look at beginners...

I don't like too much the song, but that's just me. ;p
It's bubbleable as is now.

I've just been trying to find an error, but I can't!
Hmm, good work.
Topic Starter
Puffles
Ekaru

Puffles wrote:

I dunno... I think the 1.5 star rating is enough to make it Easy, even with normal-sized hit circles.
The not-so-good people in our room failed rather quickly. Part of this is because of the trend of larger-than-Normal circles in Easy (and some Normal) difficulties. Hence, Normal-sized hit circles seem kind of small when you first start out (or they did to me, I was like, "these circles are so freaking tiny!"). Increasing their size would make the map significantly easier (Seriously).

Other than that, didn't find anything wrong in either difficulty. Or anything obvious. :P
Topic Starter
Puffles

Ekaru wrote:

Puffles wrote:

The not-so-good people in our room failed rather quickly. Part of this is because of the trend of larger-than-Normal circles in Easy (and some Normal) difficulties. Hence, Normal-sized hit circles seem kind of small when you first start out (or they did to me, I was like, "these circles are so freaking tiny!"). Increasing their size would make the map significantly easier (Seriously).

Other than that, didn't find anything wrong in either difficulty. Or anything obvious. :P
OK, I've renamed the maps so that the easier one won't be considered "classically" Easy, so to speak. I didn't want to enlarge the circles, because I hate when circles partially overlap. It looks so ugly, bleh...
awp
After much debate, BPM is fine, offset should be bumped up to 15351.

Zippy's fine, but Mellow's slider velocity is too fast compared to its beatspacing. I'd tone down the sliders a bit. to 1.6 or 1.4
Topic Starter
Puffles

awp wrote:

After much debate, BPM is fine, offset should be bumped up to 15351.
I was wondering why that sounded so off, and then I realized that my Universal Offset was set wrong, again. Must've changed during an update or something.

awp wrote:

Zippy's fine, but Mellow's slider velocity is too fast compared to its beatspacing. I'd tone down the sliders a bit. to 1.6 or 1.4
Do you really think it matters that much? I'd hate to have to redo all of the sliders...
kperep
Nice map, but sliders in "Mellow" to fast to be easy :) Please, please, work on this map! ^__^
Topic Starter
Puffles
I'll work on it eventually, haha
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.